BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 09:24 AM   #21
krazykritter

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

4 days after order and still nothing. T-Mobile dropped the ball on this one big time. Hopefully they get their act together soon.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:52 AM   #22
JeffAUV
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

I ordered online on Wednesday morning (I was out of town travelling on Tuesday). I have confirmation that I placed the order, but I am in the same boat as the rest of you as far as no word on the thing shipping yet. I just figured it would be easier to have it shipped to the office than to find the time to go to a store. I was wrong. I have to travel the week after next and I want this before I leave on the 24th. If my order has not shipped by next Tuesday, I'm just going to cancel and go to a store to pick one up. I really expected that TMo would be able to ship within 48 hours as they always have in the past.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:08 AM   #23
icepulse
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100T

Same mess here. The FIRST question I asked was "Are these in stock?xxx8221; "Oh, YES sir!!xxx8221;

I don't know about the rest of America, but the suck-up, kiss-ass script that these customer support goons read from is NOT my idea of polite or considerate. What a colossal time-waster!! I feel so rude when I am compelled to hang up in their faces, simply because I do not have the time to listen to their disingenuous monologues!! You want to provide good customer support? CUT TO THE CHASE. Be friendly, sure... but don't be a robot.

Anyway, I guess I just have to wait. No big deal. I just wish they would learn how to give someone the straight dope.

Last edited by icepulse; 09-15-2006 at 10:12 AM..
Old 09-15-2006, 10:18 AM   #24
rcg
Platinum Sponsor

Model: 7290

Same issue here... We placed the order Tuesday AM early on the WEB... same details; "oh it will be there by Friday, if it doesn't show call us back". Like somehow that will magically make a customer feel better. Called this AM to followup and of course it hasn't shipped yet.

It's not a big deal to us since this will be used for testing and eval but If I was relying on it I might be pissed.

AIM: SmartPhoneDepot
Old 09-15-2006, 10:40 AM   #25
vandyfanfl
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I won't be ordering a "just released" phone online again. I am NOT convinced that a single Pearl has been shipped from T-Mobile yet.

When I spoke with CS today. They told me that they might not have shipped mine yet because I chose ground delivery, and that they may be "holding" it for shipping until closer to the promised delivery date *shrug*. Huh?

I told her that even the folks who selected 2 day have not had theirs shipped yet. The other part that is stupid is that they have no way of stopping an order once placed online.

Is there ANYONE who reads this forum who HAS received their Pearl after placing the order online?
Old 09-15-2006, 10:48 AM   #26
JeffAUV
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandyfanfl
I am NOT convinced that a single Pearl has been shipped from T-Mobile yet.

QFT
Old 09-15-2006, 10:53 AM   #27
icepulse
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
...and that they may be "holding" it for shipping until closer to the promised delivery date...
If that's true, it has to be the most deplorable thing I've ever heard.

It sounds just like another in a string of BS excuses to me.

Old 09-15-2006, 10:59 AM   #28
JeffAUV
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
The other part that is stupid is that they have no way of stopping an order once placed online.

Seriously? So I can't cancel and then go into th3e store and pick one up that way instead? That's pretty stupid.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:04 AM   #29
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
Originally Posted by icepulse
It sounds just like another in a string of BS excuses to me.

Indeed. I've always been really happy with their customer service before. Somebody screwed up twice BIG time on this one. Once for not having or shipping the devices, and a second time for not being honest with all of us about what was going on. Ignorance or outright lies, makes no difference.

What really sucks is that I went to a store that had some Pearls and played with one, chose to order online instead, and now even if I could cancel my order, the store is now sold out.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:19 AM   #30
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Even for someone like me, who has an 8100 in hand (bought at a good old fashioned brick-and-mortar store), this shakes my faith in T-Mobile's abilty to do what they promise. If they screwed the pooch on this, what's next?
Old 09-15-2006, 11:29 AM   #31
donthateme13
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: curve
Carrier: tmo

same here as well. i ordered tuesday morning (literally at 4 am) i specifially asked if it would be here by friday with the 3 day shipping ans she assured me it would. now heres the kicker i call wednesday to get trackin number and im told it hasnt shipped yet it will ship tomorrow(thursday) im like ok so it wont gt here friday meaning i want my shipping back she no it will be over nighted and u will have it friday im like fine i call thursdaynight still hasnt shipped and i said ok so i want my money refunded for the shipping to which he said its 3 days shipping from when it leaves the warehouese not from when u place ur order! so i told him i would be calling back monday 4 days after placeing the order and i will be getin my shippin refund. this in incredible never had this problem with tmobile.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:53 AM   #32
Wavshrdr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: t-moron
Default I think some of you are being a little short sighted

I know you all want to get your new toys as soon as possible. I was the same way and personally it IS worth the wait. I can’t speak for national demand but in my area the people were lined up 5 deep just to buy the Pearl. One guy in front of me was turning in the SDA and MDA he and his girlfriend had to buy the Pearl and he bought 3 others for family members. In my area even the Razr didn’t attract this kind of attention.

I can’t speak for Tmo but they could have been inundated with more orders than they planned on. I know you are all excited to get your Pearl but things do happen. I’ve been an Aerial/Voicestream/Tmo customer now for about 10 years. When push came to shove they have always done the right thing for me.

Have YOU ever missed a deadline? Would you want someone busting your butt the same way you are Tmo? I specifically DIDN’T order from the online store because I wanted to see it and feel it in person before plunking down my $$$. If you were within driving distance then get in your car and go to the store and get one rather than whining about it. Deadlines get missed and that is the way the real world works. Maybe RIM didn’t roll out enough for them. I know my local store was almost out of them the first day they were released in my area and they were on the phone trying to find some more.

At least it looks like Tmo is trying to take care of some of you by discounting the shipping and other things. It doesn’t seem like your plight is falling on deaf ears. One week from now you'll have it and hopefully you will forget about all these delays now. Honestly, if it was that darn critical or important that you have it, then you should have driven to a local store (if you have one) and got it in person.

If Tmo deliberately misinformed you then that is unfortunate. For that there is no excuse but if someone misinforms them and then they pass on that data believing it to be true but was in fact in error, then cut them some slack. You can't make everyone happy all the time and doo-doo happens.
Old 09-15-2006, 11:56 AM   #33
AlwaysOn607
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Pearl

I just called again on mine and they told me I could go to the store to buy one and have the store call and confirm the promised price (249.99 for 1 yr contract with NO mail in rebate) and have them cancel my order. My order was not placed online, but through retentions. Now I have to hope the store has the phone in stock and the schmuck will jump through these hoops. If not, I will cancel altogether and wait until Cingular has the phone.

Wavshrdr, I understand your point. The irritation is the lack of information and owning up to the problem. They keep insisting, even today, that is hasn't shipped yet but I will have it by the end of the day. That is just ignorant. And I have spoken with five different people in the last 24 hours....no, I am not that rude; they keep disconnecting me (or dropping the call...LOL!)

Last edited by AlwaysOn607; 09-15-2006 at 12:00 PM..
Old 09-15-2006, 11:59 AM   #34
icepulse
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavshrdr
Maybe RIM didn’t roll out enough for them....
Then SAY so!! That's my one and only point. If they got bad info, then when I ask "are they in stock?"... say either "not as of this moment" or "I don't know... let me find out". DON'T say "yes, sir!!!" when, at best, you're not sure.

Making excuses for them isn't going to teach them anything but "we can get away with this".
Old 09-15-2006, 12:10 PM   #35
kathrynhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavshrdr
Have YOU ever missed a deadline? Would you want someone busting your butt the same way you are Tmo?

<snip>

If Tmo deliberately misinformed you then that is unfortunate. For that there is no excuse but if someone misinforms them and then they pass on that data believing it to be true but was in fact in error, then cut them some slack. You can't make everyone happy all the time and doo-doo happens.
I appreciate what you are saying, but the fact is that at least some of us, myself included, specifically asked if we would have the device in hand by the weekend and were told YES. Is the world coming to an end because that didn't happen? No. Would I have made other plans if I'd known I wouldn't have it in hand by the weekend? Absolutely. And I'm angry that I didn't get the chance to make an informed choice.

I don't think any of us have been mistreated by a rep, but I do think there's someone at T-Mobile who knows exactly what the 411 is, and knows that they've made promises that they won't be able to keep, and is deliberately not telling us - or Customer Care - what is going on. This is too big a launch, and too many of us have called and raised this issue, for everyone out there to be meandering around in total ignorance.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:26 PM   #36
vandyfanfl

Wavshrdr,

It's fine to screw up just say so. I didn't ask for any commitment from T-Mobile. They volunteered one on the web-site regarding the delivery.

I am not completely surprised by this situation given the fact that T-Mobile reps had no clue on Monday evening or even Tuesday morning that the Pearl was going to be released. Now, I am not blaming the agents for this, but it is clear that for new equipment releases, their "system" does not suffice for communication purposes.

But the "cancellation" of an order consisted of waiting for the phone to arrive and rejecting the delivery according to T-Mo CS.

And please notice that I didn't say I was going to cancel my service or anything like that, I just said I woudln't order a brand new model online anymore.

Last edited by vandyfanfl; 09-15-2006 at 12:29 PM..
Old 09-15-2006, 02:01 PM   #37
StanSimmons
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320

I just (10 min. ago) got my tracking number from customer care. It shipped yesterday and is on the truck now according to the ups website.
Old 09-15-2006, 02:06 PM   #38
kathrynhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanSimmons
I just (10 min. ago) got my tracking number from customer care. It shipped yesterday and is on the truck now according to the ups website.
When did you order, and what type of shipping did you choose - ground or express?
Old 09-15-2006, 02:11 PM   #39
steven_kapoor

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Well I ordered yesterday with Tmobile corporate sales and it is already on its way by two day UPS air:

In Transit -
On Time

Scheduled Delivery: 09/18/2006
Shipped to: *********, GA, US
Shipped or Billed on: 09/14/2006
Tracking Number:
Service Type: 2ND DAY AIR
Weight: 2.00 Lbs
Note: Your package is in the UPS system and is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 09/18/2006.

Damn, the weekend came in the middle............
Old 09-15-2006, 02:19 PM   #40
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I ordered mine with TMobile Business care over the phone on Tuesday the 12th. I just got off the phone minutes ago and they say the shipping still says "pending" and no tracking number yet. Maybe they just have a problem with their internal tracking system. It would be nice if that's all it is.
Closed Thread