wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon
Default T-Mo MyTouch3G

Please Login to Remove!

will this work on att 3g?

i read that the one from rogers ca will work on att, but i'm in the states not really close enough to by a phone from ca.

i cant find info or my search parameters are screwy since i cant find an answer.

-tia
Old 10-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #2
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7
Carrier: AT&T

No it won't work with ATT 3G. My Touch uses 1.7GHz and 2.1GHz for 3g, ATT uses 1.9GHz and 850MHz. I personally wouldn't use that phone anyway. I like the design and OS, but it was rated as having the highest radiation level of any phone on the market.

Last edited by ArgonNJ; 10-08-2009 at 03:04 PM..
Old 10-08-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
wabbit

sars i'm not worried about, hehe. i do want an android phone but on att atm.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

ATT has been a little slow with Android. Does look like they will be carrying the Dell offering. Not sure if I like it though. I would rather have the HTC Hero myself.

Dell bringing Mini 3i Android set to AT&T?
Old 10-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #5
wabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
ATT has been a little slow with Android. Does look like they will be carrying the Dell offering. Not sure if I like it though. I would rather have the HTC Hero myself.

Dell bringing Mini 3i Android set to AT&T?
i'm very skeptical they will carry this, they were suppose to carry a htc android phone till the last minute which was then declined.

i hope vz getting an android phone will make att get some too. but i wont hold my breath.

so i been looking at other solutions, one solution atm is rogers from Canada htc dream.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
wabbit

actually after reading the crying that att is doing over att internet services on the iphone i am very skeptical att will carry another full webkit phone like android / nokia.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:55 AM   #7
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
actually after reading the crying that att is doing over att internet services on the iphone i am very skeptical att will carry another full webkit phone like android / nokia.
Then they are doomed. Smart phones are the future of mobile.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:48 PM   #8
SEVEN9
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
PIN: E-911
Carrier: T-Mobile

MYTOUCH!!! What a horror story.
I made a mistake of selling my 8900 and opted for the Mytouch, hated it more than the word hate itself.
The thing is a clunker, laggy, freezes, typing is a chore, a grave mistake going to android from a BB OS.

Thought I'd hijack your thread and bad mouth this marvel of technology... :D

Time up!
Old 10-15-2009, 01:11 AM   #9
wabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
Then they are doomed. Smart phones are the future of mobile.
not so much as doomed as more like acting like cable companies. they hate change.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:28 PM   #10
pinhead
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 30EC5097
Carrier: T-Mobile

While I realize that there is a MyTouch specific data plan with T-Mobile, is it possible that the MyTouch can be used on T-Mobile with a different data plan, and if it can, which features might not work?
Old 10-26-2009, 08:38 AM   #11
ubizmo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9780
PIN: ultimate
Carrier: T-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEVEN9 View Post
MYTOUCH!!! What a horror story.
I made a mistake of selling my 8900 and opted for the Mytouch, hated it more than the word hate itself.
The thing is a clunker, laggy, freezes, typing is a chore, a grave mistake going to android from a BB OS.

Thought I'd hijack your thread and bad mouth this marvel of technology... :D

Time up!
My wife has had a MyTouch for a few days now, and so far, I'm impressed. I've played with it a bit and don't find it to be any more laggy than my 8900--possibly less so. I haven't seen it freeze yet, either. I'm not used to the onscreen typing, so I agree that it is harder than the 8900, but I realize there's a learning curve to it. I much prefer auto-text to predictive text.

I might consider getting one of these, but not until I've seen how it holds up under regular use for a while. In particular, I want to see how battery life is.

Although I've had BBs for almost two years now, my general impression of the BB OS isn't that positive, although I think OS 5 is a step in the right direction.

Ubizmo
Closed Thread