Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
fdic2b

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Media Card Problems

Please Login to Remove!

Good Friday Morning- This morning when i was checking my phone a message popped up that said "Media card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error checking utility on a computer." I have tryed to take the media card out and power down the phone but nothing works? All my videos are gone? Any thoughts??
Old 12-07-2007, 09:28 AM   #2
FastZ
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 317C9B94

You have to do what the error message says, run a disk error checking utility on the SD card. Find an adapter or something that will allow you to connect the SD card to your computer via USB and then run Windows built-in disk error checking utility on the SD card and then you should be good to go. Your files are still on the card, your phone just wont read the card until you run the error checking utility on it. This happened to me last week I believe. I forgot to "unmount" my phone from my computer after putting files on my SD card (or for Windows users, "unmount" is the same as "safely remove hardware").

Check for Disk Errors in Windows XP

There's some instructions.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
fdic2b

Thanks so much for your help. I'll have to try this tonight on my home computer! Good Weekend!
Old 12-08-2007, 11:20 AM   #4
fdic2b

I have Windows XP, I tryed your instructions and still get the same message on my bb! "Media Card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error checking utility on a computer" did this not work because i have windows xp?
Old 12-13-2007, 01:52 AM   #5
hal762

Carrier: verizon

im having the same problem but im using a mac. if i transfer video files and sometimes mp3. it crashes giving me an error 36 code on the mac and says there are errors on the card.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:26 AM   #6
cmguerra77
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8300
PIN: TS of Guinness
Carrier: AT&T

Welcome to the forum!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:44 AM   #7
skizberry

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-Mobile

If you are transferring your Micro SD card from another phone, DO NOT reformat your card... yet. Your phone may be experiencing a little difficulty reading the information. Your files should still be accessible via USB on your computer. Retrieve the info by accessing the drive the USB is plugged into, and then back up up SD card's info. You can reformat at this point if you want. From here, you can slowly bit-by-bit upload the files you want on the SD back onto it, while often checking to see if the error recurs.

From here you should be good.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:19 AM   #8
kim p

Carrier: ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdic2b View Post
Good Friday Morning- This morning when i was checking my phone a message popped up that said "Media card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error checking utility on a computer." I have tryed to take the media card out and power down the phone but nothing works? All my videos are gone? Any thoughts??
the same thing happened to me and i tried fixing it what the other person replied to you but still is not working and its driving me insane coz i have so much important stuff on it! can anyone help?
Old 01-15-2009, 02:35 PM   #9
Lyoness

Model: 8100
Carrier: Telus

I had this happen to me too! I'm also on a Mac.

What I did to fix the problem is I ran Disk Utility.

It was my first time using Disk Utility but it was pretty easy. I first clicked on Verify and it told me there were errors. And then I clicked on Repair and voila! All fixed. :D

Let me know if you need step by step instructions. OH and ALL MY FILES WERE STILL THERE. :D

So DO NOT FORMAT YOUR CARD -- just repair it. :D

Good luck!
Old 01-30-2009, 07:42 PM   #10
brooklynblackberry425

Model: 8330

I have a mac and have received the same error. I tried repairing using the disk utility, but still get the same message once the repair is done....
Old 06-02-2009, 04:22 PM   #11
ins.pro

Model: 8330
Carrier: Verizon

Detecting and repairing disk errorsYou can use the Error-checking tool to check for file system errors and bad sectors on your hard disk.

Open My Computer, and then select the local disk you want to check.
On the File menu, click Properties.
On the Tools tab, under Error-checking, click Check Now.
Under Check disk options, select both Automaticallyl fix file system errors and the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check boxes.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:41 PM   #12
sophievm

Model: 8900
Carrier: Base
Default not solved

Unfortunately, after having done several checks for disk errors, the same message appears and I still cannot see my files on the BB...
Old 07-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #13
Dynaflow

Carrier: Rogers
Default Problem Solved!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ins.pro View Post
Detecting and repairing disk errorsYou can use the Error-checking tool to check for file system errors and bad sectors on your hard disk.

Under Check disk options, select both Automaticallyl fix file system errors and the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check boxes.
I was beside myself when I thought I had lost all files on my BB. I followed the above "idiot proof" instructions and presto, problem solved.

Thank you very much
Old 07-20-2009, 09:38 PM   #14
maheenb

Carrier: fido

I have a mac how do i do this? I've lost so many photos and videos i'm so frustrated and this error keeps popping up everytime i plug/unplug charger or usb cable!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:06 PM   #15
adelacruz19

Model: 8300
Carrier: sprint
Default Still having problems restoring my SD Card

I followed the steps (using my MAC) with going to the disk utility and I clicked on verify and repair and it gave me the green light but still none of my media shows up on my phone and im still getting the message "Media card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error checking utility on a computer."

What more do I need to do or should i just format my SD card again?

Thanks for your help. I'm new to this!
Old 07-30-2009, 06:27 AM   #16
Pie320

Carrier: telus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ins.pro View Post

I could see this being a realy great help but... for some reason the word "Properties" is a light grey and will not allow me to click it. Please help.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:05 PM   #17
mizzdiormk

Carrier: blackberry curve
Default help pls

Hello i am having the same problems, i have done everything what you all have said with my BB, the files are there as i click on the sd to check how mch free memory i have and its only a little as its a 2gig SD, can some one help me.. i dont get any messages now on BB wen i insert my SD but i cannot view my files there are 5 files remaing but in CHINESE writing. can some one get back to me with this pls

kind regards

maz
Old 08-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #18
mizzdiormk

Carrier: blackberry curve

i have done all that, i dont get any messages on BB but still cannot view any files...

help ?
Old 08-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #19
JAParmenter

Carrier: T-Mobile
Default My Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzdiormk View Post

i have done all that, i dont get any messages on BB but still cannot view any files...

help ?
I followed those steps and it did not seem to work either. From there I saved the files from my media card to my computer; then I formated the media card;I re-inserted it and opened it up fine but, of course, it was blank; at that point I re-connected the phone (BB Curve) to my computer and tried to copy all the files from my computer back to the media card. Once I did that I got the error again.

I deleted all the files and started moving them back to the phone one at a time. I found that the 3 files that I was originally trying to put on the phone were the ONLY ones that were causing the errors. If I deleted them from the phone it worked fine, if I tried to add them it got the error again.

All 3 files were just .jpg files but there wer much larger and were downloaded from a site just as images not as BB ready images. I am still looking to see why this may have made a difference but that is what I have found.

I hope that helps you too.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:57 AM   #20
ctl

Carrier: Fido

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoness View Post
I had this happen to me too! I'm also on a Mac.

What I did to fix the problem is I ran Disk Utility.

It was my first time using Disk Utility but it was pretty easy. I first clicked on Verify and it told me there were errors. And then I clicked on Repair and voila! All fixed. :D

Let me know if you need step by step instructions. OH and ALL MY FILES WERE STILL THERE. :D

So DO NOT FORMAT YOUR CARD -- just repair it. :D

Good luck!
Can you help me!!
Closed Thread