Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Storm
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Storm petition

Please Login to Remove!

Go to this link to join the petition for a new firware update that works

VERIZON BLACKBERRY STORM PETITION - Home

a petition for a permanet fix for the Storm

RIM has made a mint on this device verizon has got to be losing money because of all the tech complaints and returns as high as 50%

That aside this device has never operated as described or as represented in ads or desciption i can truly see a class action law suit in the near future if these problems are not addressed.

From what i have read RIM has aleast 3 new generation phones coming out knowing that this device is still in perpetual beta. kinda makes you lose fith in the Blackberry brand

The clock is ticking $$$$$$ the favorite sound of lawyers are companies with fat wallets and no reguard for customer complaints with the record so far for this device i hope firmware is the problemand not a hardware design flaw ...

He who Ignores Discipline despises themselves

But whoever heeds correction gains understanding.

Last edited by ghamden; 04-05-2009 at 10:44 PM..
Old 04-05-2009, 10:58 PM   #2
stricni
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
PIN: n/a
Carrier: verizon wireless

the return rate on the storm is about 50% the biggest problem is user error, i work at vzw and people who should own jitter bugs but this phone because of the big screen. however i agree that it is very sluggish. hopefully the new upcoming software will make it move faster and make it stop resetting. i am glad i did not purchase the storm.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:28 PM   #3
J86
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8530
Carrier: Verizon

Can't disagree that the Storm has issues, but what new technology doesn't?
Should RIM have maybe waited a little longer? Probably, but it's not the end of the world. The Storm is attracting a lot of new BlackBerry users and people that would generally not usually be using smart phones, which is one reason it has higher return rates.

Class action law suit..? Is that a late April fools joke? . You had 30 days to take it back free and clean, and many others have exchanged Storm's after that for another BB. RIM didn't force you to by it.

Last edited by J86; 04-05-2009 at 11:30 PM..
Old 04-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #4
Tri-Tip
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650

Quote:
Originally Posted by stricni View Post
the return rate on the storm is about 50% the biggest problem is user error, i work at vzw and people who should own jitter bugs but this phone because of the big screen. however i agree that it is very sluggish. hopefully the new upcoming software will make it move faster and make it stop resetting. i am glad i did not purchase the storm.
So when is this upcoming software going to be made officially available?

I would think that for the casual user, the things that bother us power users won't make a bit of difference. Both of my bosses daughters have Storms and I haven't heard a peep out of them. I, on the other hand, am not a happy camper with mine. Anyone who asks me about it, I tell them to stay away until they get the software right.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #5
RadHaz75

PIN: BALL

i think verizon has sabotaged your page! the guestbook won't load!

Instant Fail
Old 04-06-2009, 01:37 PM   #6
RadHaz75

PIN: BALL

ok it's working again.

your petition doesnt specifically say what gripes you have about the device. you haven't presented in a logical and coherent manner how you expected the device to function based off of advertisements from verizon and how it has not functioned based off of those expectations.

any support person will tell you how do you expect us to help you when you haven't told us whats wrong.
Old 04-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #7
zero7404
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9530
PIN: n/a
Carrier: tmob

a petition for a phone....LOL
Old 04-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #8
scassel

Carrier: VZW US

A class action law suit...I must admit that I am dumbfounded. What exactly did Verizon or RIM promise you that this phone would do that it does not? It makes calls, it has the ability to send and receive e-mail (best system on the market IMHO), you can surf the web via the browser, etc., etc., etc. As the earlier poster said, everyone had thirty days (at a minimum) to return the device if they were unhappy. And to be quite honest, if you bought this phone expecting that there would be no bugs and it was going to run absolutely flawlessly, you need to take your rose colored glasses off.

Does my phone hiccup every now and then? Yes it does. I expected it would. Is it better since I loaded .113? Yes it is. Is it at 100%? No it isn't but I have faith that it will be.

I work very closely with the judicial system and I do not have a problem telling you that it is litigious comments and actions such as this that have our legal system in the mess it is. In my opinion, you need to stop and think things through before you let you fingers touch the key board.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:19 PM   #9
Jacobsaby
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: Ask

Uh.
I'm gonna go with end-user stupidity/impatience.
If you don't like the phone, return it.
I love my storm.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #10
paulmac

Model: Storm
PIN: Ask

I have owned many phones, blackberrys, and windows based phones. And they all require updates, tweaks, etc. And why does Verizon have to release an update? They did not build the device, RIM did. So I believe RIM should be (and is) doing the right thing in releasing updates to the OS. Obviously you own a computer does the manufacturer of your computer offer operating system updates, or does Microsoft? Again, RIM built the hand held OS so they should be the people offering the updates not Verizon. Take yours back, you will obviously never be happy with it.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #11
david9962000
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9360
Carrier: at&t

In the Future when it will get better, I will get one again. I got one when it came out and it was slow and it kept on freezing.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:18 PM   #12
JasonSamfield
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 3053D7B3

i'm with you on this one...hopefully this post does not get me booted from this forum site, but i agree...something needs to be done

i'm too scared to post anything i know about the situation in fear of getting the boot from this website, so i won't, but search for my other posts relevant to this and maybe it will explain some stuff about the memory problems and freezing occurring on the device because of the military standard being used that restricts the actual memory to 12.5% of the onboard memory
Old 04-07-2009, 01:21 PM   #13
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Model: iOS 5
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSamfield View Post
because of the military standard being used that restricts the actual memory to 12.5% of the onboard memory
Yeah, that's gotta be it.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:22 PM   #14
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7

I saw guys in Black Helicopters throwing their Storms at the bad guys.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:43 PM   #15
JasonSamfield
Thumbs Must Hurt

well 128 MB (12.5% of 1 GB advertised) is not very much for storing your apps and your RAM...i read that the military's standard is part of the reason for this at present...
Old 04-07-2009, 01:48 PM   #16
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Quote:
well 128 MB (12.5% of 1 GB advertised) is not very much for storing your apps and your RAM...i read that the military's standard is part of the reason for this at present...
Did that you read that in Mad magazine?
Old 04-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #17
JasonSamfield
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin3107 View Post
Did that you read that in Mad magazine?
if by mad magazine you mean on RIM's blackberry support forum here:BlackBerry Support Community Forums - Re: 128 MB Application Memory - BlackBerry 9000 Series Smartphone - BlackBerry Bold - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

then yes i did read it in mad magazine
Old 04-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #18
penguin3107
BlackBerry God

Quote:
if by mad magazine you mean on RIM's blackberry support forum here:BlackBerry Support Community Forums - Re: 128 MB Application Memory - BlackBerry 9000 Series Smartphone - BlackBerry Bold - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

then yes i did read it in mad magazine
Wow, I simply can't believe how much you've misinterpreted what's posted in that thread.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #19
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

JasonSamfield, you are really really MISreading and MISquoting the post in that link.

The user there states:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackslab
The Blackberry's limitation of only using the onboard app memory is a security "feature" from the corporate/military days.
and you state:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonSamfield
because of the military standard being used that restricts the actual memory to 12.5% of the onboard memory
Now, read that again. And again. Where's the military restriction stated at 12.5%?

The post on the link is referring to the fact that the corporate/military requirement FOR security is that the application memory be kept separate from the remainder. For security purposes, so that the device memory can be wiped via remote command.

That's the purpose.

Now, back to reading comprehension, please.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:36 PM   #20
JasonSamfield
Thumbs Must Hurt

what you said is exactly what i'm saying...military standard is the reason there is 128 MB only used for applications....instead of letting the full 1 GB of onboard memory or to store applications externally on the microSDHC card...to compare to the iPhone, the applications are stored throughout it's secondary storage capacity...

128 MB / 1 GB is 12.5% (very limiting when they could have upped the ante to the full 1 GB of onboard storage to give a little extra headroom for BlackBerry Storm users to have apps...yeah i know this app store thing is new to RIM and RIM has to keep its military contracts going, but i think they made a mistake not extending the application device memory zone to the full 1GB)

the Blackberry Storm has 1 GB of onboard memory, but only 128 MB is considered the application memory section of which is being reference as the "application device memory" in that post

and i don't appreciate you breaking your own rules by trying to make fun of me when i read it correctly and probably understand it better than you

as far as mr. penguin, explain to me what i read incorrectly because i'm pretty sure i understand it completely...if you really feel like i do not, please i would like to know what i'm missing...enlighten me
Closed Thread