BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 11:40 PM   #1
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
PIN: S AND NEEDLES
Carrier: VZW
Cool VZW BIS - Email Account Validation?

Please Login to Remove!

Strange thing happened today. I was out of the office for the bulk of the day and I was not getting any email push from the VZW BIS service. I had updated the BIS to the latest last week with no problems adding my email accounts. After logging into the site, I found that one of three of my mail accounts (my main work account) had a not valid icon next to it. I double clicked on it and it was automagically validated. This account had been working since the initial BIS update and had been originally validated (i assume). Any ideas on what gives? Hopefully, this is not a regular occurence.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:11 AM   #2
phetish phil
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: m

The account will go invalid if BIS is unable to connect a certain amount of times in a row, I was told ten times. By clicking on it it attempted to login using the details it already had. It found a valid account and subsequently went valid. It may have been unavailable to BIS, down, or just rejecting log in attempts. Or BIS may have been cranky.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:43 AM   #3
Getup1995
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by 003402
Strange thing happened today. I was out of the office for the bulk of the day and I was not getting any email push from the VZW BIS service. I had updated the BIS to the latest last week with no problems adding my email accounts. After logging into the site, I found that one of three of my mail accounts (my main work account) had a not valid icon next to it. I double clicked on it and it was automagically validated. This account had been working since the initial BIS update and had been originally validated (i assume). Any ideas on what gives? Hopefully, this is not a regular occurence.
This happened to me and i got an email on my BB from the BIS stating that one of my accounts was not valid. i had hoped that i would keep trying to connect, however i was told that it would not. I had to go in through the "email settings" icon on my BB to validate that account again b/c I was not near a computer. It is nice that you can get to the email setting through the BB and fix this problem.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:55 AM   #4
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8330
PIN: S AND NEEDLES
Carrier: VZW

I guess I didn't know what was happening on my handset until I got back to my computer. I did not receive an email from the BB at all, so thought the problem was on the server side. Thanks for the info on validating throught the handset, didn't think to try that.

R2
Old 04-25-2006, 12:51 PM   #5
Getup1995
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by 003402
I guess I didn't know what was happening on my handset until I got back to my computer. I did not receive an email from the BB at all, so thought the problem was on the server side. Thanks for the info on validating throught the handset, didn't think to try that.

R2
Wow, that sucks. i got an email from the BIS that said it could not access one of my accounts. I looked for a setting that might be able to turn notification on in the BIS and i read through the documentation on the BIS but did not find any options that talked about notification when the email link is down. Sorry i could not be more help.