Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 01:25 AM   #1
BUC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: Movistar
Thumbs up Minor Issues. Good performance worth posting

Please Login to Remove!

I recently posted about some issue with my flip... anyway I would like to add...

I am completely happy with the features and performance of the phone so far...

THE GOOD
I think its also an awsome mp3 player (not so good video player, but I have something else for that matter) and paired with an 8GB microSDHC is a player that has nothing to envy to an ipod nano or even a touch in music capabilities...
The sound quality out of the stereo jack its great, even with the included cheap headphones....
The fact that you can control the music while the phone is closed its awsome... (for those who dont know... holding the "up" or "down" button, that works for volume, for a second will skip the song)
The search feature is better than those find in ipods.

Downsides: its kind of slow with music, skipping... though its not that slow to use anything else (explorer/sms/games) while listening to music

I improve my sound quality on phone calls by choosing "Boost Treble" on the EQ menu from calls.
The camera its pretty much what I expected and its very handy (so-so colors) its great under sun light.

The keyboard its nice... coming from T-9 I have to say that I will never go back to that... though I would like to test extensively a fully qwerty like the curve or bold for a while....
Anyway the flat keys and soft sense its very comfortable for me, and I got used to the Suretype very fast...

The fact that it feels cheap and flimsy I think its proportional to the fact that its light and comfortable in the hand/pocket. (Try not to drop it)

THE BAD: mini USB port. somehow short battery life... details

-WIFI off most of the day (only turned on for 2 hours)
-Music maybe 4 hours
-Light use on games and texting

results are that I have to recharge every night... (battery life still with 20% or so)

NO UGLY
Old 01-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #2
shabazz5th
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers

Very good assessment. I agree with the "The Bad," section. I use my blackberry quite often, and I'm often left with about 15-20% life at the end of the day.

That's why I invested in a car charger on the way home .

I also use the music playing capabilities for the gym, just make sure you have it in a leather case to protect it.

I originally came from a 7250, so the suretype took me a bit to get used to, but now I can't imagine any other way to use it. Very happy with this, I may upgrade to a Thunder one day, but not for another year or so.

Overall: 7/10
Old 01-21-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
tony_chew

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Maxis / Celcom

I like the phone but the web browser still is too slow for me even after I'd upgraded to the latest OS 209.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:08 AM   #4
BUC
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Movistar

Yeah I test it today against an BB curve with the old browser... and the curve was faster each time... (Only tried mobile pages of course)
Im guessing its because of the screen resizing....
Also I had a harder time to recieve the signal.. so im guessing the WiFi antenna is not as good as the candybar BBs.

And yes browsing normal web-pages its almost impossible. I only frequent 3 or 4 pages... (facebook, youtube, google....)

Anyway I was not expecting a full-web-browser phone so thats kin of a plus for me...
I emphatized on the mp3 player capabilities cause that suprised me a lot... (coming from a great non-ipod portable video player)

This is a:

-Great Phone (great blackberry)
-Awsome mp3 player
-Good organizer / planner / task manager
-OK media recorder (video, photo, voice)
-Not so good portable internet.

@ tony_chew: what improvements have you notice in the OS 209? does it solve the media player issues? and the auto cam activation I mentioned in my other thread?

thanx
Closed Thread