BlackBerry Forums Support Community
              

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
brettbok
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Posts: 6
Question Reconcile BB with Exchange

Please Login to Remove!

I have a BB that is connected with my Exchange server through BES.

I receive all messages. When I delete messages on the BB they are deleted in Exchange.

When I delete a message in Exchange (via outlook) that have already been sent to the bb, the message in the bb are not deleted.

Is there a way to force them to reconcile? I know there is a reconcile function in the BB menus, but I can't figure out what it does.

Is there a setting in the BES that allows reconiliation?


Last edited by brettbok; 09-02-2007 at 03:39 PM..
Offline  
Old 09-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #2
x14
BlackBerry Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC
Model: 9800
OS: 6.0.0.546
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2,344
Default

The deletes from Exchange to BlackBerry is not immediate. BES reconsile using the 20/100 rule. That's every 20 minutes or 100 changes whichever comes first. Alternatively, you can use the Reconsile Now function.
__________________
Exchange 2007/BES 5.0.2 MR2
Offline  
Old 09-02-2007, 04:01 PM   #3
brettbok
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x14 View Post
The deletes from Exchange to BlackBerry is not immediate. BES reconsile using the 20/100 rule. That's every 20 minutes or 100 changes whichever comes first. Alternatively, you can use the Reconsile Now function.

So say I have 200 emails in my exchange server. I delete 100. It should force the BB to delete those 100 emails?

Is it possible the BES administrator turned this feature off. I am going to try it again, but it seems like if I delete an email in the Exchange server, it does not ever get deleted on the BB, 20 minutes for not.

?
Offline  
Old 09-02-2007, 11:02 PM   #4
gziz
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Model: 8700c
Carrier: cingular
Posts: 204
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x14 View Post
The deletes from Exchange to BlackBerry is not immediate. BES reconsile using the 20/100 rule. That's every 20 minutes or 100 changes whichever comes first. Alternatively, you can use the Reconsile Now function.
thats the biggest crock of $hit i have ever heard, it depends on the environment that the BES is in ( users, network) could be 5 minutes or 20 minutes theres no way to tell, the BES does it at the most optimal time depending on the environment.
Offline  
Old 09-02-2007, 11:17 PM   #5
John Clark
BBF Moderator
 
John Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Model: Z30
OS: 10.2.1.x
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 34,720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gziz View Post
thats the biggest crock of $hit i have ever heard, it depends on the environment that the BES is in ( users, network) could be 5 minutes or 20 minutes theres no way to tell, the BES does it at the most optimal time depending on the environment.
Settle down....don't start a flame war. And keep the language clean. Thanks..
Offline  
Old 09-03-2007, 11:08 AM   #6
brettbok
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettbok View Post
So say I have 200 emails in my exchange server. I delete 100. It should force the BB to delete those 100 emails?

Is it possible the BES administrator turned this feature off. I am going to try it again, but it seems like if I delete an email in the Exchange server, it does not ever get deleted on the BB, 20 minutes for not.

?
Anyone have an answer?

B
Offline  
Old 09-03-2007, 12:45 PM   #7
bertiebassett
CrackBerry Addict
 
bertiebassett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London, UK
Model: 9700
Carrier: O2
Posts: 961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettbok View Post
I have a BB that is connected with my Exchange server through BES.

I receive all messages. When I delete messages on the BB they are deleted in Exchange.

When I delete a message in Exchange (via outlook) that have already been sent to the bb, the message in the bb are not deleted.

Is there a way to force them to reconcile? I know there is a reconcile function in the BB menus, but I can't figure out what it does.

Is there a setting in the BES that allows reconiliation?

Go into your list of messages
Press the BB button
Select "options","Email Reconcilliation"
Ensure "Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld" is selected & Wireless Reconcile is set to on.
Save your changes.

Re-Test - Do you still have the same issue(s) now?

__________________
LOTS of answers here: Main Page - BlackBerryFAQ
Offline  
Old 05-21-2008, 11:29 AM   #8
Freik
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Posts: 2
Default

i do, i went from around 10,000 messages in my inbox to 11 over the last 2 days, at this point i might just reset up my enterprise activation and wipe it if i cant get them off.
Offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


For iPhone Android iOS PC 5.5MM WiFi Borescope Endoscope Snake Inspection Camera picture

For iPhone Android iOS PC 5.5MM WiFi Borescope Endoscope Snake Inspection Camera

$25.42



Robertshaw 41-229 Range Oven Igniter DG94-01012A for Samsung picture

Robertshaw 41-229 Range Oven Igniter DG94-01012A for Samsung

$19.60



ERP DG62-00111A for Samsung Range Small Surface Burner Cap 1-5/8 inch Diameter picture

ERP DG62-00111A for Samsung Range Small Surface Burner Cap 1-5/8 inch Diameter

$16.25



Samsung OfficeServ UNI card KPOS71BUNI/XAR picture

Samsung OfficeServ UNI card KPOS71BUNI/XAR

$25.00



Exact Replacement Part DG62-00070A for Samsung Range Surface Burner Medium Cap picture

Exact Replacement Part DG62-00070A for Samsung Range Surface Burner Medium Cap

$17.45



Exact Replacement DG62-00067A for Samsung Range Surface Gas Burner Large Cap picture

Exact Replacement DG62-00067A for Samsung Range Surface Gas Burner Large Cap

$28.15







Copyright 2004-2016 BlackBerryForums.com.
The names RIM and BlackBerry are registered Trademarks of BlackBerry Inc.