Old 12-06-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
ColemontHD
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular
Default BlackBerry: Desktop Manager Sync Issue v4.2

Please Login to Remove!

I need help, big time.

I don't even know where to being on this, so I will just rant and hope it makes sense. You help will be greatly appreciated.

I have 4 users who all are currently using different BlackBerry devices (7290, 8700, and the 8700c) who want to sync a "Public Folder Calendar" from Outlook onto the device. I have done this a million times before and never have run into this problem.

I take all the essential steps to do this which includes the following:

1. Turn Wireless Synchronization off for the Calendar on the BlackBerry device (under options)

2. Installed Desktop Manager (correctly)

3. Go into the Sychronize icon --> Configuration Tab --> Configure Synch...

4. Select Calendar

5. Click Choose

6. Select Microsoft Outlook and Click Browse

7. Select the Public Folder Calendar and Select Add.

Of course after this, you sychronize the device and Desktop Manager starts its thing and starts to scan the 4739 entries to process them. However, when it gets to a certain number (different for each user - say 4179 for Bob, 4060 for Jan and 4480 for John) it gives me the following error (remember, same error at different scan points during the process:

"Unable to get data from an Outlook or MS Exchange record. Lack of network access to MS Exchange server can cause this problem."

Now, I have researched this and have found a million different reasons why this would be happening, but nothing solid.

* BES 4.1.2.20

* All Devices are up-to-date on the OS's

* Using Exchange Server

I took the following steps on my own personal BlackBerry and it worked just fine. Nothing different here at all. Any ideas? Please ask questions and I will answer and put in the original thread too.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:08 PM   #2
djm2
BlackBerry Master

Model: 9780
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoraT View Post
3rd party product we use is Add2Exchange for Calendars, Contacts and Tasks. We use BlackBerry and BES and needed to sync to/from our public folders. Actually the program does more than copy public folders, it does it by creating information relationships among our users' Calendars, Contacts and/or Tasks folders. They constantly update it because of Microsoft changes which is a pain... for the most part, it works great for getting our information to our devices.

The consultant we worked with who recommended the solution sent me this helpful information and we decided to try it first to make sure it would be a good fit for what we were trying to do: "Blackberry Enterprise Server and Add2Exchange are complementary, not competitive products. Add2Exchange enhances the functionality of mobile Blackberry devices extending the Blackberry’s reach to information sources beyond your personal mailbox. Calendar, contact and task information from other users and public folders are synchronized automatically and behind-the-scenes to your Blackberry mobile device."

We downloaded a trial version from their website DidItBetter.com Software 800-837-8636: Outlook Calendar, Contact, Task Sync, PDA & Smartphone Sync Software, CRM. After trying it out, it addressed our public folder sync needs and we bought it ... Hope this helps.
Boy, this same message has been posted in several places on the forum. Smells a lot like a spam sandwich.
Closed Thread