Old 01-21-2008, 06:27 PM   #1
sheik28
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Default Sent Gmail From BB Not In Gmail Folder

Please Login to Remove!

Hi.
This has been bothering me since I set it up. I have a GMail account set up on my BB via IMAP. Sync is fine, just as everyone else who has it, from BB to GMail fine.
The one issue I do have though is this. When I send an email from my BB it does NOT show up in my sent mail folder in GMail.
If anyone has a solution I would appreciate it.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

Set up your Gmail in BIS as POP instead of IMAP.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:26 PM   #3
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Yea I hate to go against Google especially with IMAP functionality, but I've had POP Gmail configured on my BlackBerry for about 6 months, with 2 different Gmail accounts.

I fiddled with IMAP access on my desktop using Outlook 07 and have had some success with it, only a few minor issue's.

So I then removed one of my Gmail accounts on my BlackBerry and re-added as IMAP, so I've been using IMAP access on my Blackberry for a few days now and as soon as I can I am going back to POP.

IMAP has a bit more delay then POP, I sent the same email to both my accounts and the IMAP account received the email about 2-10 later on. Don' get me wrong now Sync between the BlackBerry is almost instantanious, if I read/delete/ mark as unread my Web Mail interface is updated automatically, however their does not seem to be any Server to BlackBerry Sync, if I read an email on the Web Mail it does not set itself as read on my blackberry.

Bottom line Sync between Client Program and Sever in perfect, between BlackBerry TO server perfect from Server TO BlackBerry non-exsistant, at least in my tests and I have been taking notes
Old 01-21-2008, 07:52 PM   #4
sheik28
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKyoo View Post
Thanks for the fast replies.
There is no SYNC then correct? If I read it on my BB then the message is still new in GMAIL.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:59 PM   #5
pwodack

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

I have tested the IMAP functionality between my Blackberry and the Gmail server and have found basically what you found, with one exception: Items that I delete from the Gmail server will USUALLY (eventually) delete from the Blackberry, but it can take hours. There is no read/unread sync from the Gmail server to the Blackberry.

But, getting back to the point of the original post: I also do not have sent mail from the Blackberry show up in my Gmail sent folder when I use the IMAP setup. Is this the case for everyone (using Gmail IMAP) or is it an isolated incident?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveO86 View Post
Yea I hate to go against Google especially with IMAP functionality, but I've had POP Gmail configured on my BlackBerry for about 6 months, with 2 different Gmail accounts.

I fiddled with IMAP access on my desktop using Outlook 07 and have had some success with it, only a few minor issue's.

So I then removed one of my Gmail accounts on my BlackBerry and re-added as IMAP, so I've been using IMAP access on my Blackberry for a few days now and as soon as I can I am going back to POP.

IMAP has a bit more delay then POP, I sent the same email to both my accounts and the IMAP account received the email about 2-10 later on. Don' get me wrong now Sync between the BlackBerry is almost instantanious, if I read/delete/ mark as unread my Web Mail interface is updated automatically, however their does not seem to be any Server to BlackBerry Sync, if I read an email on the Web Mail it does not set itself as read on my blackberry.

Bottom line Sync between Client Program and Sever in perfect, between BlackBerry TO server perfect from Server TO BlackBerry non-exsistant, at least in my tests and I have been taking notes
Old 01-21-2008, 08:20 PM   #6
Crash Test Dummy

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwodack View Post
But, getting back to the point of the original post: I also do not have sent mail from the Blackberry show up in my Gmail sent folder when I use the IMAP setup. Is this the case for everyone (using Gmail IMAP) or is it an isolated incident?
I experienced the same using Gmail's IMAP setup. It drove me nuts, plus delivery to my BB was extremely slow. So I went back to my original setup through BIS and POP. I seem to receive my mail much quicker now (almost instantly) and mail sent from my BB shows up in my sent folder.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:24 PM   #7
sheik28
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Thanks for the fast replies.
There is no SYNC then correct? If I read it on my BB then the message is still new in GMAIL.
Old 01-21-2008, 09:10 PM   #8
SteveO86
BlackBerryForums.com Super Moderator

Model: 9650
PIN: I heard it drop!
Carrier: VZW BIS

Whenever you do on your BB it should show up on the Web Interface, at least in my expierence but changes made in the Web Interface (or a Client Program) DO NOT propogate to the BB Device itself.

Yahoo itself has good intergration with the BB from what I have seen so far, but I have had a Gmail account for years and will probably never change lol.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:28 PM   #9
sheik28
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks all for the replies....
Don't know why or how i have a double post up there.
I have read almost every thread regarding this on almost every site, so i have tried it different ways all with the same result. Crashtestdummy says that he is a pop user now and his sent shows up in the sent folder of GMail. Is that true for anyone else?
Old 01-21-2008, 11:29 PM   #10
C17Driver
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular/AT&T

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.0.10031/230; U; en))

Yes. My sent emails from my gmail account show up in my email account when I send an email from my blackberry.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:45 PM   #11
sheik28
Thumbs Must Hurt

Thanks C17 you are accessing via PoP?
Old 01-24-2008, 08:56 AM   #12
mas90guru
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800

I am on Google Apps for Domains and sent email is appearing in my Gmail sent box. I found that I had to wait a while for my updated email settings (MX) to take effect. At first I was not seeing email flowing to my sent box. Then I deleted the account on my Blackberry and logged in via the tmobile BIS and reconfigured it and that seems to have done the trick.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:07 PM   #13
Ominx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: VZW

If you create a filter within Gmail to label all your BB sent messages to something like "BB Sent Messages" (if you don't they will be grouped together in "All Mail") you will have easy access to a permanently searchable archive.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:22 PM   #14
sheik28
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ominx View Post
If you create a filter within Gmail to label all your BB sent messages to something like "BB Sent Messages" (if you don't they will be grouped together in "All Mail") you will have easy access to a permanently searchable archive.
Thanks. Maybe there is some confusion though. There aren't any emails in GMAIL if I send from my blackberry.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:38 PM   #15
MrKyoo
BlackBerry Master

Model: 4s
PIN: 79B32491

Did you do what I suggested above and setup your gmail as pop?
Old 01-25-2008, 11:58 PM   #16
sheik28
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Did you do what I suggested above and setup your gmail as pop?
I replied up there^^

I have tried that but like i stated above, there is no SYNC then, messages remain as new in GMAIL after you check them on your BB. Or am I mistaken? I know that if you delete it using POP it gets deleted (trash) but IMAP it just gets archived (which I like).

Why does Yahoo have it right? Google just needs to do this normally and not try and reinvent it.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:58 PM   #17
Ominx
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheik28 View Post
Thanks. Maybe there is some confusion though. There aren't any emails in GMAIL if I send from my blackberry.
It should work if you have "Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device" checked in BIS, but if forever reason it isn't, then the other trick is to send a copy of sent mail (Auto BCC) to your gmail account and then change your from name, again in BIS, to something you can filter in Gmail.

For instance, in BIS change your name to something like Joe Smith [BB], and then in Gmail create a filter that labels all messages from Joe Smith [BB] as Sent Mail, or BB Sent, or something similar.
Old 01-27-2008, 12:47 PM   #18
rivviepop
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8320
PIN: n/a
Carrier: t-mobile

I use whatever the default connection is the default, but found that I have to put my own email address in the BCC field of the BIS setup for the email account, and then I get all Sent emails into my normal Sent folder. My guess/theory is that Google has some sort of special hook that recognizes a BCC to yourself and knows it's a sent message or something...
Old 01-30-2008, 05:22 PM   #19
sheik28
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well after trying every combination possible I made a decision. I went with the filter and filter/label option. I created an auto BCC in the account set up and then made the appropriate filter and label in Gmail.
Thanks for your suggestions.
Closed Thread