Old 08-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
ateganda29
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default gmail messages are not deleting in messages folder

Please Login to Remove!

i have both gmail and yahoo pushing to my bb. however, i noticed that the deleted gmail messages (when deleted from gmail site) gets deleted in the individual inbox (eventually, i think it took about 30 or so mins) but not in the combined messages folder. but deleted yahoo messages (when deleted from yahoo mail site) gets deleted in both combined messages folder and individual inbox. and when emails (either gmail or yahoo) gets deleted directly from their individual inbox on the bb it gets deleted from the combined messages folder and gmail/yahoo servers almost instantaneously. is there really much of a delay in gmail or will it not get deleted in the combined messages folder?

i'd like to mention that i have synchronize deleted messages checked, wireless reconciliation checked, on conflict mailbox wins. so i'm not sure what's causing this. any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

I don't think gmail IMAP is fully both ways, yet. From what I have read, Yahoo has some sort of arrangement with RIM, Google apparently does not.

Might try searching as this has been discussed a few times.

I don't use either on my BB so I can only go by what I read and hear.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 08-19-2010, 02:38 AM   #3
jagan

Model: 9500
Carrier: Airtel

" RIM working on the fix for the same"
Old 08-19-2010, 08:24 AM   #4
ateganda29

thanks for your responses guys!

@dubdub - i did a search on here and other forums but only found 1 thread with a similar subject. however, the guy was stating that he noticed that his combined messages folder IS syncing with his gmail inbox on bb and the gmail server. my issue is that the messages folder does not sync with the gmail inbox on bb and gmail server. when you said that "you don't think gmail IMAP is fully both ways", do you mean from gmail server to bb and vice versa? because my gmail emails are syncing between the server and my bb (on the individual gmail inbox) but NOT on the combined/unified messages folder.

@jagan - so this is a known issue with gmail that the unified messages folder do not sync with the individual gmail inbox on bb? if so, i do hope they find a fix soon.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:51 AM   #5
buster

Model: Torch
PIN: 22C1AFE4
Carrier: T

One of the tech blogs (might be Engadget) ripped the device for this problem.. I would surely wait for these things to be sorted out before the release of the device and OS...BlackBerry Torch review -- Engadget

"Unfortunately, there's one piece of this puzzle missing, and it's a doozy: when you make changes directly in your Gmail account (in a browser), the changes take ages to get pushed back to the phone. In fact, sometimes the changes never seem to make it back to the phone. So if you just triaged your inbox on your computer, your phone will still make it look like you've got an inbox full of unread messages -- and they are unread on the phone. There seems to be a fundamental breakdown in this stage of Gmail for RIM devices, and it makes dealing with Gmail accounts on the phone a royal pain. Now, that may not bother a lot of users, but if RIM wants to attract the everyman to this phone -- the person who actually uses Gmail -- it's going to have to do a little better than this."

Last edited by buster; 08-23-2010 at 01:53 AM..
Old 08-24-2010, 03:43 PM   #6
ateganda29

@buster -- thanks for the quote from that blog. i guess i would have to wait for either RIM or gmail to work flawlessly between each other.

update: i've been testing my gmail account on my torch ever since i realized of the delay and/or unseamless syncing. looks like sometimes, it would take a few hours for BOTH the individual gmail inbox AND unified messages folder to sync with the gmail server but it would eventually. other times, it's just the individual gmail inbox that syncs with the gmail server after several hours. i guess it's a hit or miss at this time.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:22 PM   #7
buster

Model: Torch
PIN: 22C1AFE4
Carrier: T

I afraid you'll be waiting a long time.. other solution is to use the gmail for blackberry program and not push email to the device...
Old 08-24-2010, 07:44 PM   #8
jDMJeRk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

Sounds like I'm waiting on hold for nothing- lets see what I can get out of AT&T for this inconvenience :D
Old 08-25-2010, 02:14 AM   #9
jDMJeRk
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

I was on the phone with AT&T today regarding some other issues with email and we tested all the email accounts multiple times and didn't have any problems.

I've yet to have a problem with it after setting everything up properly.

They did mention though that RIM is making a new Desktop Manager software for the Torch (I forgot the name) and RIM is aware of the gmail problem- but I haven't experienced it yet.

Nick
Closed Thread