BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 07:14 PM   #21
Ade
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: Tmobile
Default Re: BB Playbook still ok to buy?

Please Login to Remove!

I like my playbook, my wife has an ipad2.. web experience is no comparison to me against the playbook.. maybe ipad 3.. good luck on your purchase.. i dont need a lot of apps so am good.. i dont think you can bet the price, if rim had kept the price much lower than the ipad from the beginning it would have sold alot more.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #22
MrMrMr
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9300
PIN: N/A
Carrier: none

Well I've ordered the convertible case, hdmi lead, car holder thing.

I think these all that's needed for the minute? I aim to get out of the box on thurs and by charge it and register, get free apps etc

Any setup tips or anything else I need?
Cheers
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Last edited by MrMrMr; 12-06-2011 at 09:59 PM..
Old 12-07-2011, 06:46 AM   #23
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Just be aware that you will need wifi signal at the time of setup.

I can't think of any must-haves that would be general for everyone. Except, you might look at the AIR Browser on app world, or something like it, and there is no native files and folders browser app.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:50 AM   #24
shinta

Carrier: XL

I dont think it's worth buying ... as someone who has developed an app for it, i can say that it's just so painful and limited, such that we can't make any decent app for it :(
Old 12-07-2011, 01:58 PM   #25
MrMrMr

Carrier: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinta View Post
I dont think it's worth buying ... as someone who has developed an app for it, i can say that it's just so painful and limited, such that we can't make any decent app for it :(
Oh that sounds bad. Is that because it is a hard platform to program on?

Well its to late now as such as bought it! When I had a go in the shop though I was impressed with the quality of it.

I think there looked decent enough apps in the app world. I think everybody has been "spoiled" by Apple'a app store.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:30 PM   #26
JohnintheCdnRockies

Model: 9700
Carrier: Rogers
Thumbs up Re: BB Playbook still ok to buy?

Have a Playbook (bought one for the wife as well) and we both use it when traveling. Grandkids also seem to gravitate to the machine but that would be said about any tablet.

Thus far results have been good although we are both Apple fans and recognize that the iPAD is hard to beat with its Apps. At C$200 the 16GB Playbook was just too hard to resist. Thus far quite satisfied.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #27
kerry6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9860
Carrier: AT&T

Playbook is more than just a business tab. works really good for day to day entertainment, video, browsing, social networking, and many more functions. see it for yourself demo it and if you like, I would say buy. I did, and very happy with it. I would say get it for her, she'll enjoy it. only downside for now is the amount of apps does not compare yet to i-products apps, but it's coming..

in a lighter note, it would be great to see the mods actually moderating...sorry you had to be subjected to that.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #28
kerry6
Thumbs Must Hurt

They are many very good and decent apps for the playbook. I don't know where you have gotten your information from, but I would not repeat that anymore..
Old 12-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #29
kerry6
Thumbs Must Hurt

I totally agree with you, but keep in mind that there are some, that are just simply trying to move people away from purchasing a playbook. Much better product than a lot on the market right now...
Old 12-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #30
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Any particular reason you posted three threads? Wow.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #31
kerry6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry View Post
Any particular reason you posted three threads? Wow.
you know. Not really. every time I click the button another came to mind. Sorry....
Old 12-09-2011, 10:06 PM   #32
driedwater

Model: 9650

I personally love my playbook. i use it for browsing and some cool games. The ipad gets tiring to hold all the time. i prefer to use my laptop if im going to use a screen that big. the ipad is a nice device but I believe its over rated and is just basically an oversized ipod.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:23 AM   #33
kerry6
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by driedwater View Post
I personally love my playbook. i use it for browsing and some cool games. The ipad gets tiring to hold all the time. i prefer to use my laptop if im going to use a screen that big. the ipad is a nice device but I believe its over rated and is just basically an oversized ipod.
Totally Agree....
Old 12-13-2011, 09:48 AM   #34
vectorczar

Model: PB

Wow- I'm glad I did not discover this board & thread until after I received my Playbook. I have to disagree with the first 5 or so opinions about not getting the Playbook- it fits my needs perfectly.

I'm not a business professional (in the conventional sense) at all- I got the PB for internet connectivity, apps, leisure and some portability for meetings, etc: I like it just fine.

Good build quality- no hiccups on setup- plenty of support videos on RIM/BB to answer most questions on initial set-up & orientation.

I entertained the thought of the Kindle Fire or B&N Tablet, but I wanted a true tablet, not an e-reader with some tablet functions.

To the gentleman contemplating the purchase for his granddaughter? Buy it- she won't be disappointed.

czar
Old 12-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #35
alslsb
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Class
PIN: erest

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinta View Post
That is an interesting comment. The developer of 3D Tank Recon said it was much easier and IOS was more difficult! And now with the APK to BAR conversion process, and OS 2.0 (I'm beta testing it), many Android apps work seamlessly!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 09:54 AM   #36
alslsb
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Class
PIN: erest

Note to all. I'm testing the new OS 2 with Android apps. Both the native environment and the Android emulated environment work great. Its too bad 2.0 wasn't 1.0, then nobody could be bad mouthing the awesome Playbook!
Old 12-13-2011, 11:08 AM   #37
FredU

Model: BB PB

I too purchased a Playbook when the prices were low. I ended up getting the 32GB model for just over $300.00. I absolutely love watching movies on it. I can't wait for the new OS 2 to be finally released!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #38
tridarsa

Model: 8900
Carrier: xl indonesia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredU View Post
I too purchased a Playbook when the prices were low. I ended up getting the 32GB model for just over $300.00. I absolutely love watching movies on it. I can't wait for the new OS 2 to be finally released!
I got my 64GB PB for $330 (jakarta).. , Good time to Buy indeed.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:47 AM   #39
wolfd

Model: 9700
Carrier: TELUS

I bought a 64 gb playbook a few weeks ago for $300 (CAD), and it has all the apps I need, slips easily into my backpack, has amazing battery life and beautiful screen. Looking forward to even more once OS2 launches.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #40
BoutM

Model: 9780
Carrier: Rogers

I bought the 64 gb a week ago. It is an amazing tablet, really! I am so anxious that OS 2.0 comes out in order to be able to enjoy the tablet at its maximum use.
Closed Thread