BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 11:32 AM   #21
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

Please Login to Remove!

I posted this elsewhere, got no answer. I make a playlist from different albums, name it, put on sd card. Looks fine in Windows, but it plays on the Pearl in track order (all the track #1s play first etc) not the order I made. WUWT? Do I have to use WMP or something do get it to play in correct order? I make playlists in iTunes (didn't work) or just drag to the card (didn't work either).

Last edited by TheBigNewt; 03-02-2007 at 11:36 AM..
Old 03-02-2007, 12:04 PM   #22
berryboy123
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100c

To me my volume keys are broken as my kid hit it hard against the floor and volume in media player is very low and there were no fix for it, thus switched to dollars 5 mediaplayer and now started liking it as they keep improving it a lot.

but agree with the points that 3rd party mediaplayer are not as comparable to pearl mediaplayer, but they are the ones who hear us and provide features that we need the most example being: multiple playlists, better skin (for some reason i hate pearl media plaer skin ), new version allows to create a library of all media (I asked for it), trackball light during song
Old 03-12-2007, 06:38 PM   #23
Kleany

Model: 8100c
Carrier: Cingular

man only thing i hate bout the native media player is its ugly. how u serach for music is a pain, WM phones looks soo much nicer, how its organized like an ipod, artist, album and stuff like that, basically add ID3 Tags and it would be really good. my file names tend to be 2 long to be even able to see on the screen, i cant even tell what song it is.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:01 PM   #24
shawnc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: cingular

Been trying multiplay for about a week and have been underwhelmed. Customer service was very helpful but as far as the actual player, well, I like the default Pearl player MUCH better. With multplay, I can't figure out what all the buttons mean, some of them don't seem to do anything, and others do something only some of the time. Skin is not appealing at all.

The default Pearl player is much better and meets most of my needs expect no playlists. I don't understand how RIM could design such a great MP3 player and leave out such basic functionality as playlists. If there was someway to make playlists on the default player, I would be in heaven.
Old 06-29-2007, 11:27 PM   #25
dollars5
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Carrier: Airtel

Hello Shawnc,

Thanks for the feedback, it is the feedback and suggestions that our users and all members at BBF and related forums gave us to improve on it. I really bet you should be trying our new mediaPlayer v1.5 stand-alone program rather than multiPlay. Please read more details from the following threads:
Latest version 1.5: http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...ancements.html

related improved versions:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...-playpack.html
http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...available.html

You have a reason to hate multiPlay - because the kind of stuff it packs into; there is less scope for improvement. That is the reason, for people who purchase a multiPlay license for USD 27.5 we provide them with 4 applications in total: mediaPlayer v1.5, vNotes v1.0, txtNotes v1.0 and multiPlay professional (single app with above functions so less home screen icons - but many features that the stand-alone programs offer are not available) - providing them the flexibility to use the applications of their need.

Now mediaPlayer v1.5 supports video playback (full screen - without control buttons, you can personalize it, better video display - try it with the sample video at http://dollars5.com/QA/sweety.avi with both Blackberry media player and Dollars 5 mediaPlayer - you will know the difference), Streaming podcasts (mp3 atp - but sooner m4a and other formats too), internet radio streaming, improved UI functionalities, search functionality (locate your song - both in playlist and from file system; also it remembers recent searches to save your time), multiple playlists, bluetooth audio streaming and many more.

Kindly be informed that almost 80% of these features are new from our initial beta version and in total since our initial beta we have done 339 improvements in terms of features/enhancements to existing functionalities/bug fixes. This was mostly done by the feedback and suggestions provided by our loyal user base. Thanks to all of them.

Btw: with respect to skins - if you are interested, shoot us an e-mail at Dollars 5 Complete » Contact us I will try to provide pre-access to our next version which does support skinning (but that is long way from beta phase), And also be informed that the mediaPlayer v1.5 UI was designed after taking feedback from selected beta testers.

Feel free to make suggestions on how to improve our products in the way you like, we would love to do it for you, we always hear and do from our userbase. Welcome to become a part of 5000+ usersbase of Dollars 5 mediaPlayer. I bet all these members cannot be wrong with their decisions and thanks to all of them who have supported us through their purchases and feedback, and their belief in us to deliver better version everytime.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:49 AM   #26
Lowrider

Carrier: CBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollars5 View Post
Thanks for bringing many of the issues to our attention via this detailed study of the different players. let me take some time to answer you in detail.

This is a relatively new player and we are continually improving it, feel free to post your suggestions and how you like to have the player - we can add them to future version. So far we have addressed 200+ issues and improvements since our first beta announcements. No software is 100% complete but with all your help - we can make to achieve it.

As stated by JohnClark - and in my previous other posts, RIM has not made that available through public APIs that we 3rd party developers can make use of. But if RIM opens it up - we can sure use it to make the apps even better.

There have been some requests for this, and we have added this to internal version that is scheduled for release sooner.

multiPlay initial versions had this problem, but now that is fixed, while during a phone call - the song is paused and resumed sooner after call is completed. Again this was suggested by some users and was improved.

Yes we do agree, all we are attempting is to provide multiple playlists management, and are adding many features that are not present with BB mediaPlayer atp (will comment more on it once it is available). Video playing - we will work on it for version 2.0 for now it is only a music player - sorry about it.

The prime reason we live is we can hear you and improve our software - where RIM does not

I think that is the reason 1000+ users have made purchase with us and 3000+ users use the freeware versions.

Sure I think you will consider your opinion in future as we improve the software further.

Thanks again for pointing us how we should improve
Superbly written, $5, I like to read ur replies, especially when u r replying to criticism. Your KOOL under fire! You WILL, certainly, prosper.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:27 PM   #27
shawnc
Thumbs Must Hurt

Dollars5,

Let me first agree with Lowrider, your responses are very kind and professional. I have no doubt that you will do very well in your venture and you've obviously mastered an important element (customer service).

Now, to my situation. I'm not very technical and can not tell from your response just how I would benefit from purchasing all 4 applications. Apparently you need all four to get maximum flexibility and I will go to your website and see if I can get enough use out of all 4 to justify spending $30. However, for the most part all I want is a decent MP3 player that doesn't contain too large of a footprint and will allow me to maintain the functionality of the base MP3 on the Pearl while also giving me the option of creating playlists. I can't really tell from your post if you are saying that I should download a later trial version or simply need to purchase the complete suite of products on blind faith. I would be more than willing to try an updated trial if you think (based on this post) that it will meet my needs and give me a better picture of software functionality.

One last question, as I said, I'm not very technical so this may be a stupid question but here goes. In one of the links you provided, improvement #6 reads as follows:

"Advanced speaker modes (requires 4.2.1 OS) - stream audio to phone speaker, handsfree speaker, headset, both (headset and handsfree) and bluetooth headset (no A2DP support in Blackberries atp)"

Does this mean if I purchase your product I can listen to my music through a stereo BT headset? If so, this could have a significant impact on my decision to purchase the entire suite of products.

Again, thanx for the response.

Last edited by shawnc; 06-30-2007 at 12:33 PM..
Old 06-30-2007, 11:39 PM   #28
jls75076

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular
Default Shuffle

I have no shuffle...........am I missing it?
Old 07-01-2007, 01:01 AM   #29
dollars5

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnc View Post
Dollars5,

Let me first agree with Lowrider, your responses are very kind and professional. I have no doubt that you will do very well in your venture and you've obviously mastered an important element (customer service).

Now, to my situation. I'm not very technical and can not tell from your response just how I would benefit from purchasing all 4 applications. Apparently you need all four to get maximum flexibility and I will go to your website and see if I can get enough use out of all 4 to justify spending $30. However, for the most part all I want is a decent MP3 player that doesn't contain too large of a footprint and will allow me to maintain the functionality of the base MP3 on the Pearl while also giving me the option of creating playlists. I can't really tell from your post if you are saying that I should download a later trial version or simply need to purchase the complete suite of products on blind faith. I would be more than willing to try an updated trial if you think (based on this post) that it will meet my needs and give me a better picture of software functionality.

One last question, as I said, I'm not very technical so this may be a stupid question but here goes. In one of the links you provided, improvement #6 reads as follows:

"Advanced speaker modes (requires 4.2.1 OS) - stream audio to phone speaker, handsfree speaker, headset, both (headset and handsfree) and bluetooth headset (no A2DP support in Blackberries atp)"

Does this mean if I purchase your product I can listen to my music through a stereo BT headset? If so, this could have a significant impact on my decision to purchase the entire suite of products.

Again, thanx for the response.
Thanks all for the kind words of appreciation and support.

Advanced speaker modes support Bluetooth but not Stereo mode as Blackberry devices only support mono profile. hence we have stated no A2DP support (that is the term to indicate that stereo Bt headphone/headsets are not supported)

But, be informed that some guys are working to hack Blacbkerries to enable this (A2DP Bluetooth profile) - hopefully this should happen sooner. Also a few of our engineers are also attempting it. So we have three possibilities:
1] either RIM itself officially announces A2DP support
2] third party hackers enable it or
3] our team brings this.

If any of these happen I will sure do let you know via a PM . Thanks again for your interest. We always believe that when a user takes time to provide feedback on a product, it is an indication that they like it and are interested to get it improved. So we always take your feedback constructively, if you are interested to participate in adding more features, please do send us your suggestions on new features/bug reports /suggestions to improve to us at Dollars 5 Complete » Contact us we would love to hear and implement them for you.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:04 AM   #30
dollars5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls75076 View Post
I have no shuffle...........am I missing it?
The Shuffle is located in the mediaPlayer's bottom footer bar controls (you should notice 4 icons) - open, playlist, shuffle and repeat. Feel free to try out the trial for mediaPlayer v1.5. Should you have any queries, please do get back to us at our Contact Us Page, we can help.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:08 PM   #31
illig

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

the biggest gripe i've had with the RIM media player was that the original software didn't allow you to play the 'next' track if you just selected a song in the middle of a folder... i just upgraded to the latest OS, and this has been fixed, so i'm very happy

if they can just add the iPhone-like song skip by pressing the wired remote mute button twice, i'll be exstatic
Old 07-01-2007, 05:42 PM   #32
johnnyshu

Model: 7100
Default Dollar 5

Your wrong about the third party ,media player. The dollar % player not only plays mps but videos in full screen and atleast on my pearl it comes to me bluetooth. So definitely give it a try. I highly recommend it. It has a number of other features but I havent tried them out yet.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:13 AM   #33
EclipseGSohsix
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
PIN: 32bba42d
Carrier: US Cellular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFrancisco View Post
You post is well written, clear, concise and informative. You nail it on the head about all the issues with cell phone MP3 players.

Oh... and thanks for reminding me of the problems I have had with phone MP3 players.

E.g., one time I was on my road bike listening to some music videos.

An ex-girlfriend called while I was minding my own business having a pleasant time near the Golden Gate Bridge. Sidenote: She was an ex because she thought I was too much of a player with the ladies, so to speak. She calls to see if maybe I have reformed.

So I answer the phone and the music does not cut out. She can hear what's playing. Unfortunately I had just downloaded and converted for the Pearl 2 Live Crew's tune "Pop That Coochie." She did not like hearing words like "I'll fall in love if you kiss it".... and "Give you a dollar to make me holler."

Oh well, so much for playing tunes on my cell phone.

Here is the video if you want to put it on your Pearl so to get in hot water too. It's formatted for the Pearl so you don't have to do anything except play it at the next church service.

http://www.heartinsanfrancisco.com/bbpopthatcoochie.avi
hey now, at least she was an ex!
Old 08-16-2007, 03:40 PM   #34
destinysmanchild

Model: PEARL
Carrier: CINGULAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyshu View Post
Your wrong about the third party ,media player. The dollar % player not only plays mps but videos in full screen and atleast on my pearl it comes to me bluetooth. So definitely give it a try. I highly recommend it. It has a number of other features but I havent tried them out yet.
I tried your playter too, $5. First thaks for being repsponsive in these forums. One question: Have you given any thought to arranging things so that you can close the player and it will remember where you are in a file? I listen to audio books a great deal and its is VERY difficult to figure out where you were if the app closes mid chapter. In my experience, slogging my way back to where I was is slightly easier in the native app. (overall stability is slightly better as well... but not by much)

Just an idea, but figuring out how to "dog-ear" your spot in a file , along with a2dp support will move me and many others from occasional freeware freeloaders to paying customers for your new killer app. I'll buy just to keep from having to get a new pearl 2!

Last edited by destinysmanchild; 08-16-2007 at 03:43 PM.. Reason: misspelled words
Old 10-24-2007, 01:14 AM   #35
Rose
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700

Quote:
Originally Posted by destinysmanchild View Post
I tried your playter too, $5. First thaks for being repsponsive in these forums. One question: Have you given any thought to arranging things so that you can close the player and it will remember where you are in a file? I listen to audio books a great deal and its is VERY difficult to figure out where you were if the app closes mid chapter. In my experience, slogging my way back to where I was is slightly easier in the native app. (overall stability is slightly better as well... but not by much)

Just an idea, but figuring out how to "dog-ear" your spot in a file , along with a2dp support will move me and many others from occasional freeware freeloaders to paying customers for your new killer app. I'll buy just to keep from having to get a new pearl 2!
The latest version of dollars5 mediaplayer comes with an option of autobookmark feature which allows you to start playing the file from where you bookmarked..
Old 10-24-2007, 01:57 AM   #36
BurningBerry

Model: 8700
Carrier: T-Mobile & Vodafone

jep, all in what you need

Amicus Certus In Re Incerta Cernitur
Closed Thread