BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 08:50 PM   #1
tankee531
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
PIN: xxxx
Carrier: Singtel
Default [2005-05-26] BlackBerry Connect on Sony Ericsson P190i in the Philippines

Please Login to Remove!

Globe Introduces The Sony Ericsson P910i Smartphone With BlackBerry Connect In The Philippines

Manila, The Philippines and Waterloo, Canada - Globe, Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications and Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM) today announced the availability of BlackBerry® Connect™ for the Sony Ericsson P910i to Globe Telecom customers in the Philippines.

BlackBerry Connect enables P910i users to connect to proven and popular BlackBerry services featuring push-based wireless technology. BlackBerry provides an efficient and reliable communications platform that automatically delivers emails to and from a wireless device. The Sony Ericsson P910i will support BlackBerry services, while maintaining the existing P910i experience and functionality.

“We’re delighted to add BlackBerry Connect to the Sony Ericsson P910i. The P910i offers productivity, entertainment and communications in a stylish and compact device. With our partnerships with Globe and RIM, we ensure our customers are able to access this proven, market-leading wireless communication and data solution,” said Dennis Manzano, Sony Ericsson General Manager in the Philippines.

“BlackBerry has been well-received by Globe’s customers since it was launched last year. We are very pleased to work with Sony Ericsson and RIM to offer a new choice to our customers who would like to have BlackBerry services in a different form factor. Our customers can also leverage Globe’s robust GPRS network and strong international roaming capabilities to access emails anywhere they go,” said Blue de Venecia, GlobeSolutions Senior Product Manager.

With BlackBerry Connect technology, users will enjoy BlackBerry services on the Sony Ericsson P910i. Supported features include push-based wireless email access, wireless email reconciliation and attachment viewing via BlackBerry Enterprise Server™ and BlackBerry Internet Service™. Additional features supported by BlackBerry Enterprise Server include wireless calendar reconciliation, remote address lookup, IT policy enforcement and commands and Triple DES encryption.

“Customers around the world depend on the push-based BlackBerry architecture and infrastructure to remain connected to business and personal information while on the go,” said Mark Guibert, Vice President, Corporate Marketing at Research In Motion. “With BlackBerry Connect, Globe’s customers will be able to enjoy the many features of the Sony Ericsson P910i together with the added benefit of BlackBerry connectivity.”

The P910i is a high-quality communications tool for voice calls, text and picture messaging, and email, as well as providing full PDA/organizer functions. In addition, it is a camera-phone capable of recording video and still images and provides a good gaming experience on the 262K color touch-screen. The wide range of applications available for download enables the P910i to do much more than making voice calls, thereby increasing its value for both consumers and operators. The P910i is based on the open Symbian OS v7.0 and the established UIQ user interface.

BlackBerry Enterprise Server software tightly integrates with Microsoft® Exchange and IBM Lotus® Domino™ and works with existing enterprise systems to enable secure, push-based wireless access to email and other corporate data.

For individuals and smaller businesses, BlackBerry Internet Service allows users to access up to ten corporate and/or personal email accounts (including Microsoft Exchange, IBM Lotus Domino and many popular ISP email accounts) from a single device.

http://www.blackberry.com/news/press..._2005-01.shtml
Closed Thread