Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 01:10 PM   #61
inkwell
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Please Login to Remove!

After you click on the link, where do you go?
Old 11-26-2007, 11:38 PM   #62
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Well, unfortunately, I have to report another random reboot. This time it was while I was in BBMessenger. That's two in 5 days....I never had any with .171, .175, or .180.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:50 PM   #63
digitalextremes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: Robbers

Everything works to be fine after upgrading from 180 but I have noticed that sometimes my Voice Dialing hangs at "Initializing"...specially when its activated via bluetooth...not sure if this is an issue on the software or the Nokia BT headset, never tried to activate it via BT before with 180

Last edited by John Clark; 11-27-2007 at 12:13 AM..
Old 11-27-2007, 12:02 AM   #64
digitalextremes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
The *rumors* have been end of December or early next year. There is no release date yet.
4.3 is nice...read about some of the features, video recording on it's own is enough for me to upgrade besides other things
Old 11-27-2007, 06:37 AM   #65
crproject

Model: 8310
Carrier: Rogers

is there a stable OS that shows Chinese text?
Old 11-27-2007, 12:01 PM   #66
sgtcasey
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

edit

Last edited by sgtcasey; 12-24-2007 at 06:36 PM..
Old 11-27-2007, 06:33 PM   #67
jcbauerca
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: t-mobile

well I have had 184 on my t-mo 8320 since 11/24/07 and finally went back to 175 today. It was fadding in and out while on a call and I was sitting 3 feet from my router. Also the UMA did not seem very stable and would switch to EDGE in the middle of a call. Also while on UMA the phone would fail while trying to get voice mail several times until I finally shut down UMA and used EDGE to get the voice mail.

It seems that 175 is the most stable for me.

Last edited by jcbauerca; 11-27-2007 at 06:35 PM..
Old 11-27-2007, 09:11 PM   #68
rboy
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
PIN: 24A231B9
Carrier: at&t
Question need help

i keep getting you are attempting to open a secure connection, but the server's certificate has exspired. everytime i go around a new wifi connection this happens since i switched to 184. anybody else having this problem? i tried reseting my router and reseting my blackberry but still getting same message. if someone has a solution please let me know.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:25 PM   #69
rivviepop

PIN: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbauerca View Post
It seems that 175 is the most stable for me.
Why did you decide to go to .175 instead of .180, if I may ask? Just curious, not a loaded question.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:03 AM   #70
jcbauerca

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivviepop View Post
Why did you decide to go to .175 instead of .180, if I may ask? Just curious, not a loaded question.
I tried 180 also and while on a long conference call using UMA 3 feet from my router, the phone would go dead even though the call was still connected. While at the office, I would walk away from the router and the hand off took at least 15 to 30 second, which during the mean time the phone at my end was dead, until it switched over. This did not see not seem to happen with the 175 firmware.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:05 AM   #71
jcbauerca

Quote:
I tried 180 also and while on a long conference call using UMA 3 feet from my router, the phone would go dead even though the call was still connected. While at the office, I would walk away from the router and the hand off took at least 15 to 30 second, which in the mean time the phone at my end was dead, until it switched over. This did not seem to happen with the 175 firmware.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:48 AM   #72
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
Well, unfortunately, I have to report another random reboot. This time it was while I was in BBMessenger. That's two in 5 days....I never had any with .171, .175, or .180.
Thanks for the update. I have had no issues with .180 and may stick there until the next release. Am I correct in saying .184 can actually be an earlier build than .180 due to delays in release by the carrier?
Old 11-28-2007, 02:22 AM   #73
jcbauerca

Quote:
Originally Posted by troydbrown View Post
Thanks for the update. I have had no issues with .180 and may stick there until the next release. Am I correct in saying .184 can actually be an earlier build than .180 due to delays in release by the carrier?
Is there a way to find out if 184 has an earlier kernel than 180 or what ever they use. Sorry, I just know certain things about the 8320, I don't know anything about firmware compiling or any of the programing nuances.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:28 AM   #74
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbauerca View Post
Is there a way to find out if 184 has an earlier kernel than 180 or what ever they use. Sorry, I just know certain things about the 8320, I don't know anything about firmware compiling or any of the programing nuances.
There are no facts as of yet to my earlier comment, was just throwing that out there based on my knowledge of carriers holding onto releases for a while.
Old 11-29-2007, 01:37 AM   #75
USNAVY
Thumbs Must Hurt

A bit off topic here, but why are there always so many upgrades for the Blackberry? Is this normal? This is my first BB and I am wary about upgrading it because I've done it before and experienced a lot of issues with the upgrading process. Also why are the vast majority of these "upgrades" not actually from a US carrier?
Old 11-29-2007, 01:41 AM   #76
monkeypaw

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

12 hours in and so far my phone is operating just fine. It was a warranty exchange that arrived yesterday with .180 installed. With that OS it would sometimes not connect to the wifi network without coaxing. I'd have to turn wifi off then on again.

So I upgraded to .184 and now it'll connect to wifi without coaxing. Seems to do this faster than my old phone did but not sure if that's due to the phone being more stable or the OS.

It didn't work well with my Verizon Fios supplied Actiontec router with WPA security, so I'm running it on WEP now. That's a nice change from my old phone which I had to run off my Linksys WRT54GS running DD-WRT. Now I can leave that unplugged without having any disconnect or reboot problems with the phone so far.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:31 PM   #77
rivviepop

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypaw View Post
12 hours in and so far my phone is operating just fine. It was a warranty exchange that arrived yesterday with .180 installed. With that OS it would sometimes not connect to the wifi network without coaxing. I'd have to turn wifi off then on again.
This is my problem as well with .180, and it's completely random as to when it'll be a pain about connecting to Wifi and/or stay connected even if it's the same location and access point; it's a pain in the tuckus. Followup later if you can after some time and let us know if .184 has made it better all the time (and not sometimes like it is now, ugh).
Old 11-29-2007, 02:37 PM   #78
rivviepop

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNAVY View Post
A bit off topic here, but why are there always so many upgrades for the Blackberry? Is this normal?
Because there are bugs that need fixing. It is normal - what is *abnormal* are phone manufacturers who never release upgrades and make you live with the bugs (hello, Motorola and Samsung) or ones who release upgrades that break more than they fix (hello, Nokia S60). RIM follows the open source philosophy - release early and release often.

Quote:
Also why are the vast majority of these "upgrades" not actually from a US carrier?
*groan* Welcome to Planet Earth, the USA is not the center of the universe. Did we mention that RIM is a Canadian company?
Old 11-29-2007, 03:28 PM   #79
monkeypaw

Model: None
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
This is my problem as well with .180, and it's completely random as to when it'll be a pain about connecting to Wifi and/or stay connected even if it's the same location and access point; it's a pain in the tuckus. Followup later if you can after some time and let us know if .184 has made it better all the time (and not sometimes like it is now, ugh).
I had to coax it to connect today after waking from auto off. However, I think that Yahoo Go was causing problems. Basically, when I tried to open it I got an error e33 and it would not connect to Yahoo at all. So I reset Go and then got the message "Sorry, Yahoo! Go encountered a problem during start up. Please restart Yahoo! Go." Never got it to work.

But after that the phone got stuck on uma for about an hour. The wifi error was "UTC channel activation failed." Switched routers and the connection cleared but still was uma. Deleted Yahoo! Go and back to UMA on restart of the phone. I tried to install Go again and it wouldn't connect, so it's gone for good.

I set it to auto off and on to test and this time connected just fine. All the way to UMA very quickly.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:14 PM   #80
digitalextremes
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboy View Post
i keep getting you are attempting to open a secure connection, but the server's certificate has exspired. everytime i go around a new wifi connection this happens since i switched to 184. anybody else having this problem? i tried reseting my router and reseting my blackberry but still getting same message. if someone has a solution please let me know.
This happens because you forgot to update the date/time on your blackberry, most of the issues that people are experienceing when certificate expired etc is because the time/date on the handset is not connect, its probably showing time/date before TMO started UMA Service.

Or you might want to install desktop manager with custom option and install Certificate Sync so that you can see all the root certificates...there should be one called T-Mobile something...make sure there is a green checkmark in front of it.