pnico
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default storm 2, bbbold or htc

Please Login to Remove!

hi,

im a storm 1 user and kinda frustrated with the performance of the phone. At first it was neat and quite quirky and it has only gotten worse. I think RIM really released a hyped up , lousy performing device in the storm 1.

It works, but it is far too quirky to be considered a solid device in my opinion.

My quesiton is that I know the storm 2 is probably going to be our by christmas. I have also heard that the bold may come to verizon.

I also noticed the HTC Imagio is a nice looking device with wm6, and has wifi.

In comparison, wifi is something id want and I dont mind the touch screen all that much.

Has anyone seen that device. Is it worth looking into as a storm replacement or will the storm 2 blow that away?

I use my device for email, messaging, web, and mp3 playback.

does it make sense to wait or grab a HTC Imagio?

I know I would giving up blackberry push email, but isnt that all id be giving up with my bb?

I did notice that the procesor in the htc and memory are Qualcomm MSM7600 Processor, 528MHz
Memory: Flash: 512MB; RAM; 288MB.
Isnt that kinda low compared to even the s1?

Thanks for any feedback!

Phil
Old 10-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #2
MidnightDraven
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 9000
Carrier: Tesco Mobile

The bold will NOT be coming to Verizon.
Its GSM.

"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings... and call off Christmas."
Old 10-13-2009, 11:37 PM   #3
Stale Pancake
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnico View Post
hi,

im a storm 1 user and kinda frustrated with the performance of the phone. At first it was neat and quite quirky and it has only gotten worse. I think RIM really released a hyped up , lousy performing device in the storm 1.

It works, but it is far too quirky to be considered a solid device in my opinion.

My quesiton is that I know the storm 2 is probably going to be our by christmas. I have also heard that the bold may come to verizon.

I also noticed the HTC Imagio is a nice looking device with wm6, and has wifi.

In comparison, wifi is something id want and I dont mind the touch screen all that much.

Has anyone seen that device. Is it worth looking into as a storm replacement or will the storm 2 blow that away?

I use my device for email, messaging, web, and mp3 playback.

does it make sense to wait or grab a HTC Imagio?

I know I would giving up blackberry push email, but isnt that all id be giving up with my bb?

I did notice that the procesor in the htc and memory are Qualcomm MSM7600 Processor, 528MHz
Memory: Flash: 512MB; RAM; 288MB.
Isnt that kinda low compared to even the s1?

Thanks for any feedback!

Phil
I have a Tour but I was also considering the HTC Imagio. I went to the local Verizon store today to check it out but they don't have any in store at this time. I'd really like to try it out and see how it is before I just go buy it.

I've had ActiveSync phones before BES PUSH is much better. There are so many great phones coming out, it's hard to decide what is best.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:20 AM   #4
StuartV
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Hey SP,

Why do you say BES PUSH is much better? I thought ActiveSync was push, just like BES. So what makes the BES push better?
Verizon 9550
Old 10-14-2009, 09:03 AM   #5
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartV View Post
Hey SP,

Why do you say BES PUSH is much better? I thought ActiveSync was push, just like BES. So what makes the BES push better?
Post # 2 makes some good points in this thread:
http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...ctivesync.html
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 10-14-2009, 11:59 AM   #6
StuartV

Post #2 there is basically saying that, if you forward an email with a large attachment using BES, the attachment is not downloaded to your handset, then uploaded again as part of the Send. But, if you do the same thing using ActiveSync, the attachment is downloaded to the handset, then uploaded again when you press Send.

Is that really correct (if you're using a WinMo 6.5 client on ActiveSync)?
Verizon 9550
Old 10-14-2009, 02:33 PM   #7
pnico
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default imagio vs storm 2 vs omnia 2

there are a lot of good pdas coming out.
I read that the storm 2 will not be much more than the storm 1 with some updates to the software and wifi, not a whole new technology..except minus surepress..

I like how the omnia 2 looks on paper and seems that the imagio looks similar to it.

im not sure if i want to wait to see what comes out before christmas..

the storm 2 may not be worth waiting for..

what would you do??

try and imagio out for 30 days and if you dont like it, get the omnia 2 or storm 2?
Old 10-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #8
Stale Pancake
Thumbs Must Hurt

The New York Times reported the head of verizon has been testing the Storm 2 for a couple weeks, showed it to some NYU students and they loved it. I'd wait for the Storm 2 and see what you think. Sometimes it's little changes that make all the difference.

The HTC D2 is the cell I was interested in, but I hear T-Mobile is getting it. I'm not going to switch to the world's slowest network for a phone.

The HTC Imagio is sort of a smaller, less powerful version of that phone. I wanted the larger one cause I thought it would be easier to type on. If you can try it for 30 days, go for that. No harm in trying it out.
Old 10-16-2009, 10:32 AM   #9
pnico
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default storm 2 vs omnia 2

so what makes this storm 2 all that more exciting?
it is basically, or appears to be the storm 1 with software enhancements and wifi..
a little more memory and the same mp camera..

seems that the omnia 2 is more of a powerhouse as far as pda's are concerned. I guess it comes to prefernece if the user likes wm6.5 or the new bb os..
Old 10-18-2009, 07:49 AM   #10
Murphy5111
Thumbs Must Hurt

I think the Omnia II will be sweet. Imagio looks great but can't imagine that the battery will last that long. With the AMOLED screen the Omnia II battery should last a lot longer. The next couple of months are going to make for a tough decision. I love my curve and am usually pretty loyal (stayed with Palm for far too long) but am ready for a touchscreen phone. I hope the Storm2 isn't too little too late. I'm interested to see how the Android phones are as well.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:20 AM   #11
Stale Pancake
Thumbs Must Hurt

I'd love it if Verizon had the Imagio, Android and Storm 2 all out there now for me to compare them. I've thought about this a lot and while the Android, iPhone, and other new touch screens are all very exciting, I wonder if that's the way to go. I'm not really a consumer when it comes to my phone. I don't care what's going on with Facebook or twitter. I just think the Blackberry is more designed for people like me. I live and breath on my email, calendar, tasks, notes, and honestly, my stock portfolio.

These new phones are truly great, but they are more and more consumer phones. Focusing so much attention on music, photos, cameras, uploading pictures to facebook, etc. All the things I don't really need. They look fun, sure. But it's not for me. The more I dig into these devices the more I think I'd be getting less. The focus is shifting from business to consumer. I have to say I think only the Blackberry will keep a strong focus on business in addition to making consumer-friendly devices. And to be honest, I'd like to see more innovation for business customers. I'd like to see better email tools and better calendars, etc. I'd like too see categories in my email, and the same pre-searches I see in my outlook client on my Blackberry. There is still much more improvement left to be had in business applications on the Blackberry. But now things are going in the other direction.

I'll check out the Storm 2. If I can type faster on it I'll go with that. Otherwise, I'll stick with my Tour.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:55 AM   #12
lostman72

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy5111 View Post
I think the Omnia II will be sweet. Imagio looks great but can't imagine that the battery will last that long. With the AMOLED screen the Omnia II battery should last a lot longer. The next couple of months are going to make for a tough decision. I love my curve and am usually pretty loyal (stayed with Palm for far too long) but am ready for a touchscreen phone. I hope the Storm2 isn't too little too late. I'm interested to see how the Android phones are as well.
If people want speed Android will be your ticket. HTC with windows 6.1 is slow I have not tested or played with Windows 6.5. I also played with the Storm 2 it's very nice. But I am a blackberry fan. When the Android comes out I may grab one of those also? Verizon has some very nice phones being brought out this fall.
Closed Thread