Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
LOL. Seinfeld
awesome, im glad someone got that!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 09:05 PM   #42
mtcrew

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

wow... I don't really need to argue about this xD let me say this one more time because obviously you don't understand me.. I don't jump onto forums and say things that are untrue. I have a Blackberry pearl 8130 and so does my wife and they are operating on the verizon voice network $60 dollars for 1st line 10 for extra with 700 minutes and I DO NOT have any BB plan. If you choose not to believe me .. well lol i really could care less.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:49 PM   #43
bankrate
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: I have yet to use it
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcrew View Post
wow... I don't really need to argue about this xD let me say this one more time because obviously you don't understand me.. I don't jump onto forums and say things that are untrue. I have a Blackberry pearl 8130 and so does my wife and they are operating on the verizon voice network $60 dollars for 1st line 10 for extra with 700 minutes and I DO NOT have any BB plan. If you choose not to believe me .. well lol i really could care less.
Do you have any advice on how I can get on for my wife. I have tried and tried and they will not sell me one without a data plan. She likes the size, screen, and features of the pearl but does not want the data plan.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #44
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankrate View Post
Do you have any advice on how I can get on for my wife. I have tried and tried and they will not sell me one without a data plan. She likes the size, screen, and features of the pearl but does not want the data plan.
they arent because their systems require a data plan automatically on the pearl. *if* the above poster actually has what they said, its a glitch, and nothing more.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:19 AM   #45
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Its a good thing you dont care because I really do not believe you. I think its total BS.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:04 PM   #46
mtcrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankrate View Post
Try this, this is what I did. Talk to a customer service rep and tell them that you received an AD in the mail saying for a limited time that you could get the $99 dollar deal for the BB pearl with your current plan. They will say they don't have it on file anywhere, that's okay, just play dumb the whole time and say that you did receive it and also make sure that you say you don't have it on you right now (your wife has it or something to that extent). If you keep pushing like I did he/she will either eventually go talk to a supervisor to see if he can clear the problem up and get you the phones ( like they did for me.. btw i didn't even have to mail in a $50 rebate for the $99 deal) or he may transfer you to a supervisor, hopefully that doesn't happen because thats not how it worked out for me. anyway my bill came to about $205.00 with both pearls and no mail in rebates as an added bonus he gave me free shipping as well(doesn't hurt if the rep likes you i guess). when I received the phones I registered them and they were automatically signed up for the BB plan however after talking to a customer service rep they were able to remove the plan totally from my voice plan(if your rep tells you need it with a BB well keep calling until you get someone unfamiliar with the BB, since you dont have the BB plan if you followed my directions right they may not even realize whats going on). It's important to note that the AD deal I received said that I could keep my current plan, if you sign up the way you are suppose to with the nationwide data deal you will need the BB plan.

**[disclaimer] I actually did receive an AD in the mail and this is only an explanation on how I was able to receive the BB phones on my current network plan.

for those of you that don't believe here are some screen captures of my account (minus the personal info) .. tell me where I have the BB plan?
Verizon proof

Last edited by mtcrew; 02-21-2008 at 01:16 PM..
Old 02-21-2008, 07:32 PM   #47
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Quote:
Try this, this is what I did. Talk to a customer service rep and tell them that you received an AD in the mail saying for a limited time that you could get the $99 dollar deal for the BB pearl with your current plan. They will say they don't have it on file anywhere, that's okay, just play dumb the whole time and say that you did receive it and also make sure that you say you don't have it on you right now (your wife has it or something to that extent). If you keep pushing like I did he/she will either eventually go talk to a supervisor to see if he can clear the problem up and get you the phones ( like they did for me.. btw i didn't even have to mail in a $50 rebate for the $99 deal) or he may transfer you to a supervisor, hopefully that doesn't happen because thats not how it worked out for me. anyway my bill came to about $205.00 with both pearls and no mail in rebates as an added bonus he gave me free shipping as well(doesn't hurt if the rep likes you i guess). when I received the phones I registered them and they were automatically signed up for the BB plan however after talking to a customer service rep they were able to remove the plan totally from my voice plan(if your rep tells you need it with a BB well keep calling until you get someone unfamiliar with the BB, since you dont have the BB plan if you followed my directions right they may not even realize whats going on). It's important to note that the AD deal I received said that I could keep my current plan, if you sign up the way you are suppose to with the nationwide data deal you will need the BB plan.

**[disclaimer] I actually did receive an AD in the mail and this is only an explanation on how I was able to receive the BB phones on my current network plan.

for those of you that don't believe here are some screen captures of my account (minus the personal info) .. tell me where I have the BB plan?
Verizon proof

Thanks but I dont download zip files from people I dont know.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:24 PM   #48
jseah
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: 30496979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
Thanks but I dont download zip files from people I dont know.
Dawg, don't worry....he's full of you-know-what. I downloaded the pictures and I can tell you that his is doctored. You know how I know? Because the "available features" on his line does not look right. I've attached his screenshot of his BB features (that shows nothing in included features), but compare it to the screenshot I have from my account (and I have BIS). You can see in the "available features" on the right side, he only shows BES and the 10MB BB plan as available features. But if you look at mine, it shows the exact same thing. So if he did not have a data plan active on his account, BIS should appear on the right hand side as an available feature as well. If he really wanted his fake screenshot to appear correctly, rather than paste over the BIS with the background, he would have moved BIS back over to the right side, however, that would be too much work since he would have to move everything down.

His picture is the one on the left. My screenshot is the one on the right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	v1.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	10645   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-3.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	10646  

Last edited by jseah; 02-21-2008 at 08:36 PM..
Old 02-21-2008, 08:34 PM   #49
jseah

and now look at this picture of my account with a little Photoshop magic.....

ooooo......I can go around telling people that you can get Verizon to give you Blackberry data for free.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fake.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	10647  
Old 02-21-2008, 09:09 PM   #50
mizditz101
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: iPhne

@ jseah - I'm jealous of your mad skillz! hehe

Anyway. I understand that this whole "having" to have a data plan with a blackberry is difficult to some.. but when you think about it, it's a necessity. Even to those who don't want to check their email on their phone...
without a data plan, you can't send/receive MMS, you can't get on Get It Now/tzones/what-have-you, you can't use BB Messenger, or any other messenger. Basically, without a data plan, you have a brick nokia again.

If people really don't want to have to have this plan, why can't we just wait (if your able to get your new every 2, you've only got a year of your contract left anyway) and go to another company that better fits these wants? (also, the phones are going to be cheaper at that point in time anyway) You can go to a company where the data plan is cheaper even, if not required.

As far as getting past verizons ever watching eye, good luck.
I have a friend who worked with verizon.. got me the 5500 txt plan 6mo before it came out to the public (it came out as 5000 txts though)
I didn't even get away with THAT for long. Once the real plan came out, I got shot down to the 5000 txts. And if I EVER talked to verizon in store or over the phone, I got tons of grief about having this "restricted" plan. You don't get away from them for long...
Old 02-21-2008, 09:40 PM   #51
bankrate
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: I have yet to use it
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
they arent because their systems require a data plan automatically on the pearl. *if* the above poster actually has what they said, its a glitch, and nothing more.
I called and talked to Technical Customer Service with Verizon today. They said there is no way they would sell me a Pearl without a data plan. He explained it kind of weird, but like you said. No data plan=No Pearl. Is this ture with all service providers, just curious.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #52
mizditz101

No.
I, for one, have Tmobile. No blackberry data plan is required, though its recommended. I have the data plan anyway though, at $20 a month I didn't see why not.

I guess from what I hear they're supposed to require it, as a request from RIM, but they don't.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:35 PM   #53
mtcrew

Your right it is completely impossible because your verizon friend knows it all.. xD
half the time when you speak to a verizon rep you get a different answer from the previous one. as for the pictures, obviously there is no way to prove it because they're "doctored up". look at my actual plan NTIONWIDE FAM SH PRI 700 ANY UNL N&W UNL IN $60 S4968 1107, That is not a nationwide DATA plan that you supposedly must have to own a blackberry phone and I definitely didn't make that up. of course you think you know everything because your a "BlackBerry Mensa" lol and you'll just say that I completely made all that up, doctored some photos and wasted all my time BS'ing everyone. all I was trying to do was to help those that wanted the phones like me without the BB plan. Now do I know they won't catch this error in the future and make me switch to the nationwide data plan instead of the regular voice plan (which is completely different btw) I don't know maybe they will. But as of now I do not have any BB plan.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:52 PM   #54
jseah

Quote:
Your right it is completely impossible because your verizon friend knows it all.. xD
half the time when you speak to a verizon rep you get a different answer from the previous one. as for the pictures, obviously there is no way to prove it because they're "doctored up". look at my actual plan NTIONWIDE FAM SH PRI 700 ANY UNL N&W UNL IN $60 S4968 1107, That is not a nationwide DATA plan that you supposedly must have to own a blackberry phone and I definitely didn't make that up. of course you think you know everything because your a "BlackBerry Mensa" lol and you'll just say that I completely made all that up, doctored some photos and wasted all my time BS'ing everyone. all I was trying to do was to help those that wanted the phones like me without the BB plan. Now do I know they won't catch this error in the future and make me switch to the nationwide data plan instead of the regular voice plan (which is completely different btw) I don't know maybe they will. But as of now I do not have any BB plan.
Uh...when you get a Blackberry, if you don't have a plan, they put you on a Voice + Data plan. However, if you already had a non-Blackberry phone and you upgrade to a Blackberry, they don't change your voice plan...they just add the data plan.

If you want I can post my plan on here too. If you look at my plan, it shows that I am on a 1400 minute ACII plan

AMERICA'S CHOICE II FAMILYSHARE PRI 1400 ANY UNL N&W/IN CLG $80.00 2YR 0705

It's a voice plan, so it doesn't mention anything about Blackberry in the plan title.

Personally, if you were able to somehow get someone at Verizon to remove your data plan, then more power to you.....I couldn't care less. I'm sure sooner or later they will catch on......just like AT&T did when the iPhone came out and people were able to activate an iPhone on their account and keep their corporate discounts (which was against policy). Within two months, AT&T went through those accounts and removed the discounts.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	10648  

Last edited by jseah; 02-21-2008 at 10:56 PM..
Old 02-21-2008, 11:11 PM   #55
mizditz101

Lol, I couldn't figure out how to put what you said for me jseah, thanks =)

And I never claimed my friend knew it all. I was simply stating that it's hard to get away with having/not having something you shouldn't/should have.

The easy answer to the OP's question is still this:
No, you cannot have a blackberry of any kind through verizon, without at least the added $30 "Email and Web for BlackBerry®" to your current voice plan
Old 02-21-2008, 11:23 PM   #56
jseah

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizditz101 View Post

And I never claimed my friend knew it all. I was simply stating that it's hard to get away with having/not having something you shouldn't/should have.

No, you cannot have a blackberry of any kind through verizon, without at least the added $30 "Email and Web for BlackBerry®" to your current voice plan
or the $25 10MB Blackberry plan.....but if you are going to pay $25 for 10MB, might as well pay $5 more for unlimited.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:31 PM   #57
mizditz101

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Lol yeah. I was on their website and didn't see the $25 plan,only saw the $30 and $44. But I do remember seeing it in their quarterly book. But yeah, $5 difference between 10mb and unlimited... Most would go unlimited :P

Last edited by mizditz101; 02-21-2008 at 11:34 PM..
Old 02-21-2008, 11:33 PM   #58
jseah

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Lol yeah. I was on their website and didn't see the $25 plan, but I do remember seeing it in their quarterly book. But yeah, $5 difference between 10mb and unlimited... Most would go unlimited :P
You would think that with the introduction of the $30 BIS, it would make sense for Verizon to drop the cost of the 10MB plan to something like $10 or $15. But I guess they can't do that while they still have people on the $25 plan.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:35 PM   #59
mizditz101

They could I'm sure, but why make less money off them?? If people will pay, they will let them sadly
Old 02-22-2008, 01:08 AM   #60
mtcrew

Quote:

well it is possible, obviously I am doing it. However, if you meant your not suppose to be able to than I agree.
Closed Thread