John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabjac View Post
Anyone know if a new Blackberry.alx is available for the new O/S allowing the unlocking of themes?
I think I answered this in another thread...

We are no longer providing edited .alx's for every OS that comes out. Use my Optimize your BB's Memory post in my signature to learn how to do this.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:54 AM   #42
GIJ0E69

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

I Just downloaded & installed firmware last night. The update for my T-Mobile 8100, first time I ever updated my phone! T-Mobile doesn't want to update there software on their website, so I got curious and tried it and everything works! install went smooth, only issue was the media card issue, just have to backup the media and format through the device...
only thing I don't like it takes long to load, but fixed issue remove & uninstall bunch of software you don't need lol....
Old 07-24-2008, 10:57 AM   #43
Richteralan
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: Tmobile

When the phone is fresh from updated OS it will run very slow.
But it will get faster as the OS cache the software you often use.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:59 AM   #44
GIJ0E69

Model: 9530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richteralan View Post
When the phone is fresh from updated OS it will run very slow.
But it will get faster as the OS cache the software you often use.
thanks for the tip

Last edited by GIJ0E69; 07-24-2008 at 11:07 AM..
Old 07-24-2008, 12:08 PM   #45
strike2tamu
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

So far so good w/ this release. Finally got up to 39 MB free space.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:36 PM   #46
Moonshadow
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8130
Carrier: TELUS

Well let's see

Upgrade to .55 was smooth and error free
Freed up a whole bunch of memory
BES email etc continues to work
internet access is good
My 3rd party apps work fine
Camera works fine

Life is good - "My destiny is complete" !!

Telus - 8130 - BES/BIS
Old 07-24-2008, 01:09 PM   #47
nuerotic

Model: 8320
Carrier: T-mobile

I need to know if the SIM card damage happens with this release - well I loaded up this firmware on my unlocked cingular 8100 running with T-mobile sim-card/service.

During installation, I had loaded up the phone with a cingular sim-card (not-active)...and after installation - the phone goes into SOS mode (can only make emergency calls), as that card is not active with Cingular.

And then I changed to T-mobile Sim Card and the phone was working, and I was reading the posts about the Sim card being damaged, and I immediately changed sim cards to test out the sim card issue,

I then went to load the phone up with Cingular Sim card (not active service one), and few minutes later, I got the message on the screen - Sim Profile: error (something like that), and after taking battery and rebooting the phone - it still showed the Sim Profile: error

And now after reinstalling 4.2, that same un-used sim card shows Sim Card is rejected, which never showed that previously when I was on the same build before experimenting with this current 4.5 release.

So I believe it is safe to assume that the non-active sim card is damaged now as those error were not there (or ever there even with previous 4.2 OSes) about Sim profile error or Sim rejected.

If I am correct, wtf is going on with this Sim Card Damage blues, I even saw the thread on Beta than you me section - with the thread 4.5 Killing Sim Cards

Seriously What is going on here? How come these SIM cards are being damaged...and no root cause is found - This is literally quite scary, and I went back to 4.2 for now...luckily my T-mobile Sim card didn't get hosed - as that is the only phone service I have...

And these 4.5 OS are released by the carriers (so they are official builds), but then why are these official builds causing SIM Damage..

This officially makes not touch 4.5 till I have 100% confirmation that my sim card will not get damaged (as its the same sim card I have used since 2003, got too many important numbers stored on it, and yes they are backed up already).
Old 07-24-2008, 01:14 PM   #48
sriharshasp

Carrier: ATT
Default Help in upgrading OS

I own a ATT Blackberry and recently I upgraded it to the latest 4.5.0.37 software. But the newsoftware was not allowing to install any of the 3rd party themes on my BB.
I decided to wipe out the BB and wiped it out using a 2005 version javaloader.
After that I had to fiddle with the App error 507 couple of hours and although I installed the latest Desktop manager and device software version 4.5 the BB never recognised the same when I tried to load the application.
Finally in vain I downgraded my software to the old ATT 4.2 version by downloading its Device manager and Software. The ATT apploader recognised that I had some upgraded files in my system still.. neverthless asked for an erase and complete install.
Now I have an old version (4.3 ) OS installed and unable to upgrade it to 4.5

Can anyone please help me? Also is there any way to view the pre loaded videos on your PC (net_rim_bb_medialoader_video.alx)?
Old 07-24-2008, 01:16 PM   #49
Lokheed

Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuerotic View Post
I need to know if the SIM card damage happens with this release - well I loaded up this firmware on my unlocked cingular 8100 running with T-mobile sim-card/service.

During installation, I had loaded up the phone with a cingular sim-card (not-active)...and after installation - the phone goes into SOS mode (can only make emergency calls), as that card is not active with Cingular.

And then I changed to T-mobile Sim Card and the phone was working, and I was reading the posts about the Sim card being damaged, and I immediately changed sim cards to test out the sim card issue,

I then went to load the phone up with Cingular Sim card (not active service one), and few minutes later, I got the message on the screen - Sim Profile: error (something like that), and after taking battery and rebooting the phone - it still showed the Sim Profile: error

And now after reinstalling 4.2, that same un-used sim card shows Sim Card is rejected, which never showed that previously when I was on the same build before experimenting with this current 4.5 release.

So I believe it is safe to assume that the non-active sim card is damaged now as those error were not there (or ever there even with previous 4.2 OSes) about Sim profile error or Sim rejected.

If I am correct, wtf is going on with this Sim Card Damage blues, I even saw the thread on Beta than you me section - with the thread 4.5 Killing Sim Cards

Seriously What is going on here? How come these SIM cards are being damaged...and no root cause is found - This is literally quite scary, and I went back to 4.2 for now...luckily my T-mobile Sim card didn't get hosed - as that is the only phone service I have...

And these 4.5 OS are released by the carriers (so they are official builds), but then why are these official builds causing SIM Damage..

This officially makes not touch 4.5 till I have 100% confirmation that my sim card will not get damaged (as its the same sim card I have used since 2003, got too many important numbers stored on it, and yes they are backed up already).
After my SIM got knocked out, I pulled the battery and rebooted. After a few minutes, same thing, read SOS no sim card found. I reverted back to .52 and after pushing three or four buttons, same error came up. I wiped my phone with Jbuilder and then reinstalled .52. Phone is fine now. SIM works and has all night (so far around 9 hours). As I said above, this is my first time dealing with this problem, but just wanted to post that there doesn't appear to be any lasting "damage."
Old 07-24-2008, 01:47 PM   #50
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

PIN: t low

Other than Lokheed here, no other user is reporting SIM card damage with an official release of the 4.5.

And Lokheed's was not damaged, acutually, in that it began working again with a wipe and downgrade of the OS.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:48 PM   #51
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

PIN: t low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokheed View Post
After my SIM got knocked out, I pulled the battery and rebooted. After a few minutes, same thing, read SOS no sim card found. I reverted back to .52 and after pushing three or four buttons, same error came up. I wiped my phone with Jbuilder and then reinstalled .52. Phone is fine now. SIM works and has all night (so far around 9 hours). As I said above, this is my first time dealing with this problem, but just wanted to post that there doesn't appear to be any lasting "damage."
Thanks for the info.

And you've now posted it in about 3-4 threads, please don't post duplicate info everywhere.

Thanks for understanding.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:07 PM   #52
Elijah86
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Tmobile

T-mobile 8100. I first wiped the phone and then installed software about 2 hours ago and everything is working great. I am very happy that they fixed the camera.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:14 PM   #53
binujohn

Carrier: T-Mobile

Just installed the firmware. Camera and voice mail icon seems to be fixed.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:02 PM   #54
oxymor0n

Carrier: Telering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshadow View Post
Wirelessly posted (8100 Pearl)

Where or what is A1. Is it a bona fide carrier? Or could this be a pirated version that will cause all BB's to unite and overthrow civilization as we know it today?
lol, A1 is the biggest provider in Austria, which is the small country located under/beneath/southern of(?) Germany ;) and it's a 100% trustworthy provider, don't worry.

hth ;)
Old 07-24-2008, 03:10 PM   #55
EricScott
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Installed the new software from 4.5.0.37. Did a blackberry wipe first. Everything seems to be working well except that when I go to Media app and try to find the ringtones stored on my MediaCard under "My Ringtones" the list is blank. However if I go into profiles, it still has my custom ringtone (which was saved on my mediacard) listed for phone calls. So I'm still getting the right tone when I get a call. Just weird that I can't browse to it. Browsing pics on my media card is fine.

BTW now that I think about it, I totally forgot to delete vendor.xml before uploading this OS and it still worked. I have AT&T and used A1 software.

Weird

Last edited by EricScott; 07-24-2008 at 03:21 PM..
Old 07-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #56
dbetanco

Carrier: MOVISTAR ECUADOR

!!! 4.5.0.55 fix a issue that I have with every theme since 10, 18, 37, 44, and 52
when I used a zen style theme the home background (when all icons are in the screen) show the bb default jpg file and not the theme =)
I'm so happy
I know there is a little people with this error but not everyonne
Old 07-24-2008, 03:38 PM   #57
tuck

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint
Default Sprint compatible?

I noticed at the BB download page it states that you should check with your provider before upgrading new desktop manager or the Firmware. Anyone know if Sprint 8130 Pearl's can use this update? Im really happy with it so far, ecstatic actually. Best phone I've ever had. And the Sprint unlimited data plan is ridiculously cool. And to think this phone was free! Anyways, my camera seems to work fine and Im wondering whether I should do anything at all. Right now I have version 4.3.0.17 Desktop Manager and v4.3.0.127 (Platform 3.1.0.73). TIA
Old 07-24-2008, 03:47 PM   #58
tagor

Carrier: MTS Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richteralan View Post
I just tried and it works.
Do you mind providing more detail?
well what kind of details can help u?
Let's say thre is contact named "David Decodid" (first, last name). Back in the days I was able to place a call by typing d+e+c+u+d keys (typed "devid" as a result) or d+e+c+o+d+u+t (typed "decodit" as a result)
But after 4.5 installed, to get decodit I have to tap d+e+double tap c+double tap u+d
that's really ANNOYING
Old 07-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #59
noelstrom
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Bell Mobility

That method works for for me with SureType - no multitap required here.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #60
tagor

Carrier: MTS Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelstrom View Post
That method works for for me with SureType - no multitap required here.
well I don't need suretype everywhere :( and in old firmwares (4.2) it used to work - suretype wile typing phone number/name, and multytap everywhere else
is it possible to do same in 4.5?
Closed Thread