BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #21
Aoichan

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT@T

Please Login to Remove!

I use to have this sort of problem with my 8310 around two weeks ago too. Once I updated OS to 4.5.0.99 (the latest one at that time), the problem never happened again. So lets try a latest version uploaded on this board. I'm not sure this will work as mine though, but hopefully it will. Good luck!
Old 12-19-2008, 06:45 PM   #22
downloadg

Model: 8320
Carrier: t mobile

okay i might be able to chime in a little bit , i have a tmob 8320

i updated to the latest os . and bam when i was getting a call or just going to certain menus, it'd shut off on me and reboot. then it gave me an error saying media card has errors on it.. but i know that wasnt the problem. the problem was the 4.5os, i switched to 4.2.2 and now my phone runs smooth again, havent had a crash at all..
and yes even the 4.5os on tmob's' website made me crash, i tried bb's and tmobs 4.5os
if you want 4.2.2 meet me on aim, because it was really hard finding it. i think i pulled it off of blackberry's website some how, try google searching.. may take a while
Old 12-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #23
downloadg

found the link lol, it was actually from this wonderful forum

blackberryforums.com/general-8300-series-discussion-curve/143300-os-8320-4-2-2-184-rim-release-non-carrier-multilanguage.html
Old 12-19-2008, 08:20 PM   #24
downloadg

okay 3rd and last post, i havent tried the recent update .110 from the sticky up top, i think i might've downloaded the 4.5 before that one, but from what im reading about 8320 tmob' users that upgrade is great, will upgrade mine tomorrow, and i'll let ya know how it goes
Old 12-19-2008, 08:53 PM   #25
cmjanus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

mine did the same thing. take out the sd card copy all data to your hard drive. put card back in bb then format card. take card out and put files back on card. put card back in phoe. sometimes when you upgrade there is a problem with the card that makes it shut off.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:55 PM   #26
bahurd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Still random reboot - shutdown

Strange, I don't know if I would call it a 'reboot' after all....

Received replacement TMobile curve

OS = .82 (T Mobile latest release)
formatted memory card = yes
no extra software

On call and noticed I was talking to myself.... Looked down and screen was dark and blank. Either pull battery or plug in power cord. Plugged in power cord and got red indicator. Powered back up.

Updated to .110 (ATT latest release)
went to TMobile store and had SIM replaced.
Later cal in the AM had same symtoms as previously

Am charging a new battery as I write this to see if battery is a problem.

I am beginning to think the Curve is a POS....

Seems it will randomly decide to shut off on a call whenever it wants to.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 12-22-2008, 04:37 PM   #27
chusteveb

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

I'm having the same issue of rebooting in the middle of a call randomly. I have an 8310 on att and haven't had this kind of problem until i upgraded to the new os 4.5.0.110. I'm also looking for an answer. I removed my micro sd media card this morning and the curve still rebooted durring a phone call about an hour ago.

Tonight I will use JLCmdr to wipe the phone and reload the OS 4.5. I hope that works.

Anyone with this issue find a fix yet?

Last edited by chusteveb; 12-22-2008 at 04:40 PM..
Old 12-24-2008, 10:40 PM   #28
bahurd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Reboots

I 'downgraded' to .82 (T-Mobile latest release) and replaced the battery since my last post.

Used JL_Cmdr to wipe the device clean and loaded from scratch. Using TMobile Zen theme and only other app loaded os Worldmate Live.

So far OK but I need a few heavy use days (especially using BT spreakerphone) to see if the symptoms reappear.
Old 12-25-2008, 01:03 AM   #29
Godzilla07
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
PIN: Nein
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

I also had random reboot issues with my Curve but on .102. I downgraded to .81 and I haven't had random reboots ever since.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #30
CurveDependant

Model: 8320T

dynamicrockstar469 - Tried, still with no luck...

Bahurd -- any luck with replacements? I'm on my 4th...

Aoichan -- tmobile's latest is still .81

Downloadg -- did the "unauthorized" .110 solve the problem? I'm on to try 4.2, but I did first encounter the problem on an even older version (3.X)

It seems like updates/downgrades work for some people but it appears inconsisent? Any other ideas from any folks new or old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicrockstar469 View Post
Wirelessly posted (T-Mobile BB 8320 OS 4.5.0.81)

Anybody tried my suggestion?
Old 01-04-2009, 01:10 AM   #31
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

This is going to sound off the wall maybe, but do you have trouble with any other electric/electronic devices? I've read there are a some people who have something unusual in their own 'electromagentic field', so so speak. Some have odd things happen, like their wrist watches always run too fast, and other gadgets have odd problems. I thought of that because you've had the problem with multiple devices. It might be interesting if you let someone else have the phone for a day or couple of days -- to see if the same problems would occur.

Last edited by daphne; 01-04-2009 at 01:56 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 01-04-2009, 01:51 AM   #32
clevebb
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
Carrier: Sprint always

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
This is going to sound off the wall maybe, but do you have trouble with any other electric/electronic devices? I've read there are a some people who have something unusual in their own 'electromagentic field', so so speak. Some have odd things happen, like their wrist watches always run too fast, and trouble other gadgets have odd problems. I thought of that because you've had the problem with multiple devices. It might be interesting if you let someone else have the phone for a day or couple of days -- so see if the same problems would occur.
daphne, you rock!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 01:58 AM   #33
RaullyRAL

Carrier: T-mobile
Lightbulb Try the Latest Firmware

If you look at the sticky, try the lastest firmware. I did mine last night and so far so good. Hopefully that does the trick

Latest OS: 8320 4.5.0.152/4.5.0.110

Make sure you follow the directions EXACTLY and takes about 45 mins to an hour to do.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:03 AM   #34
daphne

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaullyRAL View Post

If you look at the sticky, try the lastest firmware. I did mine last night and so far so good. Hopefully that does the trick

Latest OS: 8320 4.5.0.152/4.5.0.110

Make sure you follow the directions EXACTLY and takes about 45 mins to an hour to do.
The OP already tried that.

Last edited by daphne; 01-04-2009 at 02:04 AM.. Reason: edit
Old 01-04-2009, 09:14 AM   #35
CurveDependant

Indeed -- I have now rolled my firmware both backwards and forward ahead of T-mobile's official release to .110. I also think I've eliminated service books as the cause through some trial and error (and more error).

This is infuriating.

I'm not ready to chalk it up to my own electromagnetic deficiencies, but that's an interesting theory. I've had it happen at the hands of t-mobile reps, but I was nearby....

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne View Post
The OP already tried that.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:18 PM   #36
bahurd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Random reboots - Curve 8320 on T-Mobile

So far what has seemed to work for me and in order;

1. Replaced Curve (T-Mobile replacement) but rebooted within 1 hour
2. Upgraded to .110; reboots within 1 -2 hours multiple times
(not really a reboot but a hang... dark screen that would startup either 1. battery pull or 2. plug in a power cable or usb cable)
3. wiped device and reloaded .81 (T-Mobile official)
4. Since last Friday, device has been stable with no reboots

Observations....

Facebook app may have contributed
Themes may contribute
T-Mobile has 'my faves' which don't seem to like various themes (I disable the application right off).

On 1 or 2 instances I notices Java errors but hothing that immediately caused a reboot.

I activated on my BES today (previously BIS over the past 2 weeks but had same issue previously on BES) and so far no issues.

As I will be traveling over the next week and using bluetooth quite a bit, this will be the test.

Don't really know if the Curve replacement helped or not but since I wiped and loaded .81 the official OS, and have not loaded all sorts of 3rd party apps it seems to be stable.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #37
CurveDependant

Good luck... I've found generally that I have to push the unit a bit to make it fail -- a conversation of about 10 mins, pulling lots of data over the map...

I've managed to convince t-mobile to send me a new unit (after offering me a new pearl... lol), so I'm hopeful that this will be resolved. According to AT&T (as I was researching alternative carriers) refurbs are just units that have been returned during the trial period. Noone stops to ask WHY they might have been returned. This will determine once and for all whether the problem is with the unit or t-mobile.

Regarding the observations, in my situation, I can check off a few of these... The latest round of errors came under the following conditions:

- Default factory apps only
- Data services disabled (not allowing facebook/e-mail setup links to be pushed to the unit)
- Default theme running
- The Alt-LGLG log reveals some errors, but nothing I can definitively point to as a culprit either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahurd View Post
So far what has seemed to work for me and in order;

1. Replaced Curve (T-Mobile replacement) but rebooted within 1 hour
2. Upgraded to .110; reboots within 1 -2 hours multiple times
(not really a reboot but a hang... dark screen that would startup either 1. battery pull or 2. plug in a power cable or usb cable)
3. wiped device and reloaded .81 (T-Mobile official)
4. Since last Friday, device has been stable with no reboots

Observations....

Facebook app may have contributed
Themes may contribute
T-Mobile has 'my faves' which don't seem to like various themes (I disable the application right off).

On 1 or 2 instances I notices Java errors but hothing that immediately caused a reboot.

I activated on my BES today (previously BIS over the past 2 weeks but had same issue previously on BES) and so far no issues.

As I will be traveling over the next week and using bluetooth quite a bit, this will be the test.

Don't really know if the Curve replacement helped or not but since I wiped and loaded .81 the official OS, and have not loaded all sorts of 3rd party apps it seems to be stable.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:12 AM   #38
daphne

I'm glad you're getting a new device! Hopefully it will work perfectly.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:59 PM   #39
GWIZ2260

Question 2 8320's 4 returns each

Just wanted to put my .02 in, wife and daughter each have 8320 curves since July 17, 2008. All was well for 1 1/2 months then all kinds of problems would occur, "sim card rejected" errors, phones locking up and needing battery pulls to "revive" them, phones rebooting for no apparent reason, etc...Both have unlim internet/email as well as picture/text, but the strange thing is, both worked flawlessly until the initial problems occurred, and then went through all of the hassles of "diagnosing" the problem(s), new batteries, wiping clean, new sims, replacements, etc. Finally one phone is functioning properly w/o issues at this time, and it was the one which eventually was replaced with a NEW phone. The other phone continues to have problems to this day and now am looking to upgrade 3 other lines on my family plan but uncertain as to what we should do. The other information which may play a role in these issues is we have myfaves plan and we do use the "hotspot" service as we have poor reception where I live.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #40
bahurd
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default Random lockup - reboots

OK, after a 6hr drive and being on the phone for better then 1/2 of it I can report no issues so far.

Still no resolution as to why the issues in the first place.

Hotspot @ home works fine

MyFave application is not used (hidden) but still enabled in my account (seems T-Mobile automatically activates this with unlimited accounts).

Bluetooth is active

Wireless is active

Sorry, no more help then that....
Closed Thread