Old 07-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #21
scassel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
Carrier: VZW US

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelhaBB View Post
Scassel, I challenged you earlier to provide competent evidence the Storm 9550 was a better phone than the Droid X and you elected to take the fifth. I'll give you a C+ for your transparent attempts to divert focus with your praise of basic Blackberry services (an aspect of this matter with which I concur) but as to the specificity of Droid X vs Storm 9550 there still has been nothing but the sound of chirping crickets on your end.

As far as "bad advice" goes. If given the choice between Outlook and say Yahoo or Google. I challenge you again specifically. Do people in this forum complain more about syncing directly with Google or with a go-between client like Outlook?

On the civil side, lets be real. Going back, internet email services were rather fundamental. This is why I think NJBlackberry clings to Outlook so fiercely (or he is just disagreeing with me to be antagonistic as he is with everyone). What most don't realize is that internet email services have come a long way. They have developed to the extent that is has become unnecessary to add a client like Outlook as a go between. It's simply an unnecessary expense.

You won't argue with me in this aspect, because obviously you can't. Advising someone to take the easier, less troublesome route is not bad advice my friend. As I mentioned earlier, look at the threads and see who is having more issues and its rife with Outlook complaints. Telling someone life is easier without Outlook is not "subpar" advice, its the truth.

The only issue I ever had with Gmail and my Storm was on the BIS side. I had to go create a filter there to prevent BIS from delivering duplicate copies of my emails to my phone. Otherwise, I have a healthy address book synced with Gmail, which includes my phone contacts. I host docs, audio files, which I share regularly and run a calendar on Gmail. For the past couple years this has cost me right around $0.

So, you would tell someone to spend $100+ for Outlook and take on the associated challenges of syncing with their Blackberry in lieu of going the free route with far less hassle? Who is giving the bad advice here?!?

Additionally, I would never given someone advice on here that hasn't served me well. That you would post that I have given bad advice before demands an example or two OR a bit of adult conduct on your end. I have never posted anything misleading or an action that I didn't perform on my own device that provided positive results. Additionally, there are a lot of people in this forum who from the outset trashed the 9530. I have never done that. I've posted my findings honestly.

Yes I am jumping to a Droid. Why? I can evidently see its better than the Storm 9550 in many aspects. You know this because you shy away from telling me otherwise. I've operated my Storm 9530 for almost 2 years now and as always, I am trying something new. Did you know even the USMC transitions to different shouldered weapons every so often? Does this make you cry as well? I slept many a night with my M16A2, qualified expert marksman with it but that doesn't mean I wouldn't delight in trading it out for a newer, different model and endeavoring to become proficient with it as well.

I get it now that you enjoy carrying water for old man NJBlackberry but lets try to keep it honest in here without relegating it to personal attacks.
I have three words for you

SECURITY
SECURITY
SECURITY

You and your misguided employer can place your trust in Google's cloud when it comes to sensitive information. I too work for a Government entity and in these troubled times when no one wants to raise taxes, all options have been explored. My employer has chosen not to go down this road and for obvious reasons. One Government entity utilizing the unsecure services of Google does not warrant the praise and hype you so choose to give it. You cannot compare the free services that Google provides to the provisioning of a handheld on a BES. It cannot be done.

You have truly become nothing more than a fountain of misinformation for the business BB user. I attempted to have an intellegent conversation with you and YOU chose not to. End of story.

And by the way,I don't carry anyones water. I am merely informed enough to make intelligent decisions. If in your mind that aligns me with NJ, then so be it. I would rather be aligned with him than someone such as yourself.

Last edited by scassel; 07-06-2010 at 12:48 PM..
Closed Thread