Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 11:44 AM   #1
mcmonap

Model: None
Carrier: O2
Default Moving BES SQL database...

Please Login to Remove!

G'day,

We are looking to move the SQL databases (BESmgmt, mdss & mdss_div) to a separate SQL server. The process seems pretty straight forward however there is one query I have to which I cannot find any mention anywhere. On our current BES server (MSDE install) there are a number of extended stored procedures located in the master database, they are:
xp_RIM_sendRow
xp_RIM_update_srv
xp_RIM_version
xp_RIMdbns
xp_RIMdelete_srv_list
xp_RIMinitialize
xp_RIMlist_srv
xp_RIMlog
xp_RIMnotify
xp_RIMstop_thread
The question is do I need these? There are a series of triggers in the BESmgmt database which refer to them so I guess the answer is yes BUT my confusion is that the migration processes I have found do not mention them (the only change to the master db is the addition of the system messages). Googling returns nothing about the xp's at all.

Any help, links or info grateful received.

Thanks.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:48 AM   #2
mcmonap

Model: None
Carrier: O2

Can anyone tell me if I am even posting in the right place? Might one of the other forum areas get a better response to this type of question?
Closed Thread