BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 04:11 PM   #1
mmendez

Model: 7290
Default Syncing with Outlook

Please Login to Remove!

My wife and I have been using Microsoft PDA's for years and I am very familiar with the Microsoft Mobile 5.0 functionality. My wife just received a Blackberry from her job and I want to disconnect her T-Mobile MDA but she won't let me disconnect until I figure out how to sync her contacts and appointments from Outlook to her Blackberry. Since she works for Home Depot I assume the Blackberry is connected to some sort of enterprise server. Is there a way to sync her contacts and appointments via the usb cable to her personal laptop?
Old 01-26-2007, 05:11 PM   #2
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

You need to install and configure Desktop Manager which is on the CD that should have been with the BB. But if she is on a BES server via, then everything should synch over the air I think. There are some BES experts around the boards who should be able to help.
Old 01-26-2007, 05:15 PM   #3
gdpmumin
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW

That's correct. Syncing with Outlook via the Desktop Manager or BES is pretty easy. But if she got the BB from work, they should have someone to help her through the transition.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:13 AM   #4
mmendez

Model: 7290

OK, I downloaded the Desktop Manager but am still stuck. When I get to the part of Integration Options, I have two choices, Enterprise Server/Redirector or Internet Services. Based on the note it states if I want to integrate both corporate messaging and personal messaging to choose, the Enterprise Server so I did. The next screen allows me to choose the messaging system. Now I dont know what server Home Depot uses, Exchange or Lotus. I picked Exchange just for the hell of it, and the next screen that pops out asks if I want to redirect messages. With the Microsoft Pocket PC, all you have to do install Active Sync and put a checkmark next to Calendar, Tasks, email, or Notes if you want to sync them.

Why is BB so confusing?
Old 01-29-2007, 10:30 AM   #5
data1025
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: TMobile

Yes you want to redirect messages to the handheld.

Last edited by data1025; 01-29-2007 at 10:33 AM..
Old 01-29-2007, 10:31 AM   #6
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

mmendez, you really ought to have your wife have her Home Depot IT or Blackberry systems manager setting up her Enterprise Service. That is their job and will know exactly how it is configured.

Once it is configured correctly by her IT people, it will synch correctly with her Outlook IF IF IF that is her Outlook in her Home Depot office system.

If you are trying to make sure her Outlook at home has synched with her BB, I would recommend waiting to that AFTER the BES at work is completed.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:01 AM   #7
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

With Redirector, you have top have your PC on all the time.

Personal messaging (BIS) allows you to set up your BB on your carrier's BB site and have email pushed to you automatically.

I agree with the other posters in saying that your wife's company needs to se up her BB. They are paid to do that and do it correctly.
Closed Thread