BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 01:41 AM   #1
zlps

Model: 7100G
Default how to wipe the ex-owner's mail address in the security setting with my address ?

Please Login to Remove!

Hi Folks,

I just got my 7100g today and it's a secondhand one from ebay.

Here i have a question about the settings:
In Option--Settings--Security,the screen display as below:
Security
Password: disabled
Security Timeout 2Min
Lock Handheld Upon Holstering No
Content Protechtion Disabled
Content Compression Enabled
-----------------------------------------------------------
Services:
Desktop[xxx@xxx.com]

and the "xxx@xxx.com" is the email address of my vendor who has sold it to me. I just want to replace it with my own email address,but i can't find the way. When i move the cursor and highlight the current email address textarea(it's readonly) and press trackwheel,the menu displays:
Wipe Handheld
Verify Security Software
Regenerate Encryption Key
----
Save
----
Close

i don't know how to modify the current address and save it.

I have excuted 'wipe handheld' command and now the "Enterprise Activation" Menu displays on Home Screen now (it displayed just in the submenu of Settings before i wiped it).

I pressed the 'Enterprise Activation' and the screen displayed as below:

Email:
Password:
----------------------------------------
PIN 202771ED

i input my email address and the password(i wonder what does the password mean?Is it a password assgined for me by my service provider or just decided by myself?),then i click the trackwheel and select 'Activate' menu.After that,the screen displayed 'Activating....' for a long time and "retrying..." several time then told me failure. I checked the settings--security and found nothing changed.

I also asked my vendor,he told me he just used it for only about 1 week.And the only thing he can remember was to input his email address in 'Enterprise Activation'.He even didn't use the Blackberry Desktop software once..My vendor can't remember how he set his email address into the Security setting before.

I and my vendor are all in Mainland China now.SInce China Mobile hasn't introduced any Blackberry Service into China officially so far,we can only use Blackberry7100 as a simple cellphone.So I wonder which message service you mentioned in your reply i can use.I do have a Company Intranet Microsoft Exchange account but the Exchange Server doesn't support BES now.

Above is my situation.If you have any suggestion or know the solution,pleas help me ,Thanks a lot!
Old 10-24-2005, 07:35 AM   #2
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

What you're talking about above is specific to BES email. There are two ways you can change that email address. Both require that your BES admin create a BES account. The first is to sync the device with a computer with an Outlook profile configured to access your Exchange account. The other is to enter your email address and Enterprise Activation password (given to you by your BES admin) into the Enterprise Application applet. Neither one sounds like a solution that is even applicable to your situation.

What you need to do is set up a BIS/BWC account. On some Blackberries there is a Set Up Email applet that walks you through this. You can also create an account on your carrier's BIS/BWC web site (you'll have to contact them or search here). One caveat is that if the PIN and IMEI of your Blackberry were previously congifured for use with a BIS/BWC account you'll have to get that cleared up with your carrier first.

For more details on any of the steps above, check out the FAQ's or the search feature on the forums.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:30 AM   #3
zlps

Model: 7100G

Hi takeshixxx65292;thank you very much.I am so glad to tell you that i have solved the problem by sync the device with a computer with my Company Outlook profile configured to access my company's Exchange account which you told me.
^_^
Closed Thread