Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 12:48 PM   #141
myet01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8703E
Carrier: Sprint

Please Login to Remove!

Hello Ani,

I was the first person to install the latest .99 version (via PM) and I just got back from vacation. I still have not found any other issues other than previously reported words with "apostrophes" in them and the fact that you don't have "Bulk Spell Check" enabled with appointments. Are you planning on working on these for the next release and if so, do you have an anticipated date of the next release? You can PM me if needed.

Tony
Old 08-08-2007, 05:02 AM   #142
Lowrider
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
Carrier: CBW

Not sure what u mean by "bulk", but this app will check as u go AND, u can spell check the whole field at the end of the text.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:27 AM   #143
myet01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowrider View Post
Not sure what u mean by "bulk", but this app will check as u go AND, u can spell check the whole field at the end of the text.
Bulk is where you can spell the whole document at the end rather than as you go. I believe Ani has mentioned that term in his updates as well. However, he has added that capability in Notes, Tasks and emails but it is not currently a part of appointments.

Try it out in an email, type the entire email and instead of correcting as you type, at the end, select "Check Spelling".

Tony
Old 08-08-2007, 05:06 PM   #144
redsoxnation

Model: 9650
Carrier: SPRINT
Question

I don't get the option "Check Spelling" at the end of SMS or Memopad.I have typed whole SMS and Memopad but that option never comes up? It would be nice to have that though. Also anyword on highliting the misspelled words in yellow? Also when I reboot still getting Error Java.lang what is this?
Old 08-08-2007, 05:26 PM   #145
ani

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Airtel

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxnation View Post
I don't get the option "Check Spelling" at the end of SMS or Memopad.I have typed whole SMS and Memopad but that option never comes up? It would be nice to have that though.
"Check Spelling" is implemented as a menu item, so it won't come up by itself. Let us know if you see it in your Menu. If you don't pls check you are on InstaSpell v0.99

Quote:
Also anyword on highliting the misspelled words in yellow?
Yes, highliting the misspelled words is in the list for next update.

Quote:
Also when I reboot still getting Error Java.lang what is this?
Any details about this one? Are you sure its from InstaSpell and not from any other application? Let us know.

Thanks,
Ani.

Last edited by ani; 08-08-2007 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: Information on highlighting misspelled words in yellow.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:45 AM   #146
Lowrider

Model: 8100
Carrier: CBW

Quote:
Originally Posted by myet01 View Post
Bulk is where you can spell the whole document at the end rather than as you go. I believe Ani has mentioned that term in his updates as well. However, he has added that capability in Notes, Tasks and emails but it is not currently a part of appointments.

Try it out in an email, type the entire email and instead of correcting as you type, at the end, select "Check Spelling".

Tony
Thx, that's what I though but wasn't sure.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:46 AM   #147
redsoxnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani View Post
"Check Spelling" is implemented as a menu item, so it won't come up by itself. Let us know if you see it in your Menu. If you don't pls check you are on InstaSpell v0.99

Yes, highliting the misspelled words is in the list for next update.

Any details about this one? Are you sure its from InstaSpell and not from any other application? Let us know.

Thanks,
Ani.
Ani,
I just PM you. But a couple of things I didn't put in. 1. The Uncaught exception: java.lang.Error is from empower instaspell as it started happening as soon as I installed it. 2. I checked and am running V0.99 but still do not have a Check All spelling option in menu. 3. I've noticed that befor installing instaspell I had about 36 bytes of memory. After I installed I have 24 bytes. Seem like a big jump?
Old 08-09-2007, 04:08 PM   #148
wiredwrx

Model: 8700c
Carrier: T=Mo

K, found a couple of things that I think have been mentioned before.

First, during bulk check, it would be nice to be able to skip the word, instead of just ADD or Correct.

Also, changing the way it is listed in the menu when the trackwheel is clicked would be great.

Thanks,
Michael
Old 08-09-2007, 04:43 PM   #149
myet01
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredwrx View Post
K, found a couple of things that I think have been mentioned before.

First, during bulk check, it would be nice to be able to skip the word, instead of just ADD or Correct.

Also, changing the way it is listed in the menu when the trackwheel is clicked would be great.

Thanks,
Michael
You can skip the word by just hitting the return key on the default highlighted word (which should be the misspelled word) or else hitting the escape key.

However, it would be nice to be able to stop spell checking in the middle of a bulk spell check. I started bulk spell checking a long email the other day and wanted to quit in the middle of it and could not.

Tony
Old 08-10-2007, 11:58 AM   #150
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9930
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Ani--

Does v0.99 also timeout like the previous version? Check on-the-fly is no longer functional, and Check Spelling is no longer available in the menu -- anyone who has not experienced this may wish to use caution with device reboots.

Any plan for releasing the application (as in paid version)?

Thanks.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:37 PM   #151
redsoxnation

Getting the same issues. My spell checker only checks some words now. I purposely misspelled the "th" and way "wa" and it did not correct. Also I have never had a check all option on menu. Is this an issue with the 8703?
Old 08-10-2007, 01:38 PM   #152
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Quote:
Getting the same issues. My spell checker only checks some words now. I purposely misspelled the "th" and way "wa" and it did not correct. Also I have never had a check all option on menu. Is this an issue with the 8703?
Don't think that it's 8703e specific -- it appears that it is another expiration issue with the beta version of the application. Hopefully, Ani will chime in with ground truth!
Old 08-10-2007, 02:43 PM   #153
ani

Quote:
Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
Don't think that it's 8703e specific -- it appears that it is another expiration issue with the beta version of the application. Hopefully, Ani will chime in with ground truth!
Hi, I understand your concerns. As you can see these are all beta versions, and force-expiry is a way we developers can ensure that no user is left with a copy that is beta and can have bugs. A lot many users are not "regularly active" on the forums, they may just read a thread, download a product and then forget to visit it again and so they never get notified of the new version that would fix the bugs that their beta copy may have. Since the release posts cannot reach everyone - including those who download directly - expiring it is the most confirmed way to ensure that no one is left with a beta version.

Regarding the final paid version - we are taking down feature suggestions - for ex, v1.0 that I will release just after this post, implements the long awaited red highlighting of misspelled words. The next release would be the final paid release, so that you can purchase and have the full product. Pls do chime in your suggestions for that one

I hope you understand our perspective behind expiring the beta versions and will love to check out version 1.0 and the final paid version that is coming after that.

Thanks,
Ani.
Old 08-10-2007, 02:47 PM   #154
cayzac

Model: Curve
Carrier: AT&T

Ani, some of us can't get the dictionary to load. It gets to 50% and hangs. Any ideas on this?
Old 08-10-2007, 02:54 PM   #155
ani

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayzac View Post
Ani, some of us can't get the dictionary to load. It gets to 50% and hangs. Any ideas on this?
Try out the v1.0 - I guess this should be fixed.

Last edited by ani; 08-10-2007 at 02:56 PM..
Old 08-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #156
ani

Arrow Empower InstaSpell v1.0

Hi,

Just to quickly follow up on the previous thread, we have the much awaited InstaSpell 1.0 up now. Enhancements -
  • In mail composer - Misspelled words are highlighted RED
  • Bulk spell checking in appointments.
  • Contractions are better supported.
  • Import names of people and company from address book. Now your contacts & friends don't get underlined as incorrect.
  • Conversation text is no more underlined in messenger.
  • Fix bug that stuck GTalk & Yahoo chat when sending a URL.
  • "Change Spelling" menu item changed to InstaSpell

Installation:
Please uninstall the older version completely (both dictionary & Lib) before installing the new version. That means delete both Empower InstaSpellLib and InstaSpell from the Modules. Version 1.0 can be installed from -

PC-Desktop Manager:
http://www.getempower.com/isc/10/isc.zip

OTA:
InstaSpell first - http://www.getempower.com/isc/10/isc.php
Dictionary next - http://www.getempower.com/isc/10/dict.php

Please note the links carefully, they have a 10 in them. Without that you may end up downloading the older v0.99 itself.

Thanks!
Ani.

Last edited by ani; 08-10-2007 at 03:44 PM..
Old 08-10-2007, 06:15 PM   #157
cayzac

Model: Curve
Carrier: AT&T

I've installed 1.0 on my Curve and after installing both the application and dictionary and then expanding the dictionary, the app seems to take up around 4mg of memory. Does this sound correct? If so, does anyone know how much memory the English dictionary that come installed on the Curve takes up? I could delete it since I don't need 2 dictionaries but I wasn't sure. Thanks!
Old 08-10-2007, 07:16 PM   #158
redsoxnation

Ok I just downloaded 1.0 and the misspelled words are NOT highlited in RED. 2. Still says java.lang.error after I install it. 3. There is still NO check all for SMS. This works ok for a free service but why would I buy a paid version next when you can't get this one right?
Old 08-10-2007, 07:55 PM   #159
don.new

Model: 9780
Carrier: T-Mobile

Help! I have.99 and did OTA of v. 1.0 and it downloaded. Just at the end, when it usually says "downloaded" the screen blanked and the red LED came on, followed by 5 seconds of hourglass, then red LED and hourgalss, over and over. Not stopping. I tried 2 Battery pulls. Any ideas?

UPDATE: After a half hour of hourglass-ing, the phone came back to life! I hope it lasts until T-Mobile brings out the new Curve...

2nd UPDATE: I installed the new dictionary and got the hourglass problem again.

3rd UPDATE: Started working again after a half hour. Time for a new phone...!

Last edited by don.new; 08-10-2007 at 09:49 PM..
Old 08-10-2007, 09:20 PM   #160
visortgw
CrackBerry Addict

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxnation
Ok I just downloaded 1.0 and the misspelled words are NOT highlited in RED. 2. Still says java.lang.error after I install it. 3. There is still NO check all for SMS. This works ok for a free service but why would I buy a paid version next when you can't get this one right?
Actually, misspelled words are highlighted in red for the body of e-mail/PIN messages only -- misspellings in subject lines, SMS, tasks, memos, etc. are underlined as before.

In the next release, it would be be nice to have more consistency throughout the application (e.g., red highlighting instead of underlining, presentation of spelling options one way whether it is check on-the-fly or bulk checking, etc.).
Closed Thread