Carrier: AT&T
Default BOLD CrossBar Plus Xtreme - OS 4.6

Please Login to Remove!

Theme name: BOLD CrossBar Plus Xtreme
Theme author: JC Designs - Gadgetbean.com
Supported Device Model(s) and OS: Blackberry Bold OS 4.6
Download Link(s): Get it here
Theme Cost: $7.00
Description: Base off the Top selling BOLD Today Plus theme for the BOLD and the suggestions from our loyal customers!!The CrossBar Plus Xtreme BOLD Theme is the first of its kind with 18 scrollable bottom dock icons!!! We feel we have a winner here that all BOLD owners will be proud to showoff on their BOLD!!
Video Link: Watch Bold CrossBar Plus Xtreme Video

For More Unique and cool themes, please visit JC Designs Blackberry Themes

Cheers

John
JC Designs - Gadgetbean.com
JC Designs Blackberry Themes

Last edited by gadgetbean; 02-18-2009 at 03:48 PM..
Old 12-23-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
mojojo128
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: BOLD
PIN: N/A
Carrier: At & T
Default Great Theme

Got to say I bought this theme today and it's AWESOME!! It's very sharp and professional looking that it makes my BOLD look even more sleek. My friends that saw the themes also got it.

Keep up the good work!!

Old 12-24-2008, 12:26 AM   #3
DataCentre
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 3GS
Carrier: Rogers

Looks awesome. Just bought it and can't wait to check it out!
Old 12-24-2008, 12:44 AM   #4
fkjr2
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT

bought this theme and tried to contact support for re download with NO reply.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:26 AM   #5
gadgetbean
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
bought this theme and tried to contact support for re download with NO reply.
Hello,

Go ahead and email me at [email address]. I am very good with support as many can contest to that.

Or you can even post your problems on this forum as well.

Cheers

John
Old 12-24-2008, 05:38 PM   #6
Cobra302

Model: 8310

john is excellent on his support, just shoot him an email.

john, i know i emailed you before and you replied, but, on this version, is there an indication for the 3rd party icons as well? i know that with the stock bold icons, they glow, but do the 3rd party icons glow as well? thanks for all the good work!
Old 12-24-2008, 05:44 PM   #7
ndub33
Stuck In The '70's Mod

Model: 9810
Carrier: T-Mobile

Any chance of a version of this for the 83xx series, 4.5 OS? It is an outstanding looking theme!
Old 12-24-2008, 09:59 PM   #8
gadgetbean
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra302 View Post
john is excellent on his support, just shoot him an email.

john, i know i emailed you before and you replied, but, on this version, is there an indication for the 3rd party icons as well? i know that with the stock bold icons, they glow, but do the 3rd party icons glow as well? thanks for all the good work!
Thanks for the kind words, as for the 3rd Party Icons, yeah I still cant do anything about that one but I can make a specific version for you where I can make the Text Show when you scroll over each icons as an indicator which fades away after 5 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndub33 View Post
Any chance of a version of this for the 83xx series, 4.5 OS? It is an outstanding looking theme!
Yeah I will try to port this over but it might lose the Today icons on the left, but I should be able to do the CrossBar on the bottom. Stay tuned!

Happy Holidays

John
Old 12-24-2008, 10:34 PM   #9
shambasha
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmobile

I wish there was a trial version, I got burned so many times with software that did not offer trial copies.
oh well.
I will just wait for more feedback from the forum. I know 7 bucks is nothing but I just don't want to get taken for a ride again.
Old 12-25-2008, 12:21 AM   #10
gadgetbean
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by shambasha View Post
I wish there was a trial version, I got burned so many times with software that did not offer trial copies.
oh well.
I will just wait for more feedback from the forum. I know 7 bucks is nothing but I just don't want to get taken for a ride again.
Hello,

I have been making themes for a few years now for blackberries and my themes are all top notch quality and always ground-breaking. JC Designs - Gadgetbean.com has been blogged by the tops Blackberry sites in the Blackberry community worldwide. All the themes I make for each device, I actually own the device and am a blackberry user myself. So you can rest assure that this isn't an operation where someone is using a simulator to crank out tons of themes without ever owning a Blackberry.

You can also read my blogs and see what others are saying about us! Customers First! :: JC Designs - GadgetBean.com

Cheers

John
Old 12-25-2008, 11:03 PM   #11
Nextel User
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8220

this looks awesome.

can you make a crossbar theme for the 8220 phone too?
Old 12-27-2008, 04:08 AM   #12
orionwinds

Model: 9000
Carrier: Swisscom
Default Review

Hi Everyone.

Here are my comments on the theme:

- What I like
Overall layout is nice.
Icon customization. 18 icons.
Short Menus when clicking inside the xtreme box.

- What is missing
Xtreme box only list 1) unread emails/sms etc , 2) missed calls in call log

-What I don't like
I takes approx 7 seconds to return to the theme from the main menu if you press the back button or end call button once.To return to the theme quickly, you need to press the back button or end button three times. When scrolling through the icons, the video posted in youtube shows very smooth side scrolling, on my phone its not so smooth. The lit square around the profile icon only lights up partially , unlike the video on youtube. Events in Calender stay visible in the xtreme side box even after you delete such events by 1) clicking the event from the xtreme box 2) clicking delete button from the BB menu. Because the event stays visible even after you think you deleted it, if you click on it again inside the xtreme box you get the error "Appointment deleted externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed". The only way to delete the event would be to enter calender, and add other new events, modify the event, or delete directly from the calender app in the first place.

Calender events do not get updated in the xtreme box, if you attempt to update events by clicking the event in the xtreme box.

-What I would like
To see all messages in the side box, ie: that is both read and unread
To see all calls in the call log ie: missed calls, received and dialed
Fixes to above issues

Bought the theme from crackberry store, my bold ver is 4.6.0.126

Thanks
Old 12-27-2008, 05:44 PM   #13
dts5.1
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionwinds View Post
Hi Everyone.

Here are my comments on the theme:

- What I like
Overall layout is nice.
Icon customization. 18 icons.
Short Menus when clicking inside the xtreme box.

- What is missing
Xtreme box only list 1) unread emails/sms etc , 2) missed calls in call log

-What I don't like
I takes approx 7 seconds to return to the theme from the main menu if you press the back button or end call button once.To return to the theme quickly, you need to press the back button or end button three times. When scrolling through the icons, the video posted in youtube shows very smooth side scrolling, on my phone its not so smooth. The lit square around the profile icon only lights up partially , unlike the video on youtube. Events in Calender stay visible in the xtreme side box even after you delete such events by 1) clicking the event from the xtreme box 2) clicking delete button from the BB menu. Because the event stays visible even after you think you deleted it, if you click on it again inside the xtreme box you get the error "Appointment deleted externally. Changes will be lost and the viewer closed". The only way to delete the event would be to enter calender, and add other new events, modify the event, or delete directly from the calender app in the first place.

Calender events do not get updated in the xtreme box, if you attempt to update events by clicking the event in the xtreme box.

-What I would like
To see all messages in the side box, ie: that is both read and unread
To see all calls in the call log ie: missed calls, received and dialed
Fixes to above issues

Bought the theme from crackberry store, my bold ver is 4.6.0.126

Thanks
I think you need to update your OS...I'm running .185 and the scrolling on my theme is just as smooth as the demo video shows...also, the lag time from the app screen to the home screen regardless of what key I use is about a sec or less...7 secs on your berry?!..OUCH!!
Old 12-27-2008, 10:21 PM   #14
orionwinds

Carrier: Swisscom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts5.1 View Post
I think you need to update your OS...I'm running .185 and the scrolling on my theme is just as smooth as the demo video shows...also, the lag time from the app screen to the home screen regardless of what key I use is about a sec or less...7 secs on your berry?!..OUCH!!
Thanks. I will update in due time and will provide updates.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:58 PM   #15
wpwren

Model: 8350i
PIN: needles
Carrier: Nextel

Nice work, nice looking theme...it looked very good in the video.

Do you know if it will run on an 8350i having the same OS?
Old 12-30-2008, 07:29 PM   #16
r1dgeline

Carrier: Rogers

Just playing with the theme. Any chance on showing read and unread messages like prev stated and maybe times of calender appts instead of just dates.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:57 AM   #17
gadgetbean
Thumbs Must Hurt

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Thank you for the review orionwinds but yes your OS 4.6.0.126 has memory leaks problems and must be updated or else anything else you run will be laggy and I can promise you that it isnt the theme that makes your phone laggy. The reason I make videos with my themes besides the fact that I want to show people how it works and looks is also to contest to people that I am using the same BOLD y'all have and tested it myself before I sell and release anything to the public.

There are limitations to what the theme builder will allow us developers to do, I would love to be able to get the Messages and Call Icon to show read/unread msg and called/missed calls. However RIM thought otherwise, the Today Template doesnt allow for that to happen and its been like that for as long as I owned a Blackberry with a Today theme. Theres nothing we can do about that since its only a theme which is cosmetic and uses the OS to run.

I hope this answers a few of your questions about the theme!! Also for those of you that purchased the theme, we also have a version now avail Free to people that wanted a text indicator above the Icons so when you are on a 3rd party icon on the Scrollbar you still know where you are. To get that version, all you have to do is email me at [email address] and put down your order number and ask for the Xtreme 2 version.

Cheers

John
Old 12-31-2008, 08:08 AM   #18
Cobra302

john, one quick question before i go purchase, i noticed on your screenshot that the message icon on the left of the screen has the red star message indicator. does it update like the normal precision theme icon does when you get a new email? so when you get a new email it shows the star, and when you've read it, the star goes away?
Old 12-31-2008, 08:16 AM   #19
Cobra302

john, email sent.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:18 AM   #20
gadgetbean
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra302 View Post
john, one quick question before i go purchase, i noticed on your screenshot that the message icon on the left of the screen has the red star message indicator. does it update like the normal precision theme icon does when you get a new email? so when you get a new email it shows the star, and when you've read it, the star goes away?
Yup mine does it at least

Cheers

John
Closed Thread