BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
99gst_racer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Mixed order of SMS and odd dates. Weird.

Please Login to Remove!

I gave my mom my 9810 when I switched to my 9900 and she's had issues with SMS since day one. I've done everything I could to fix it, but I'm falling short. I took screen pics since she doesn't have a screenshot app.

Issue #1: The date. Some of her converations are showing up as Dec 2044, while the rest have the correct date. The time and date on the device is correct.

Issue #2: In some conversations, it compiles her messages at the top, and the received ones at the bottom, instead of putting them in chronological order. As with the date issue, this only happens with some contacts, not all. In the pic I attached, the order should have been "Me, Dale, Me, Dale, Me" and the entire conversation was from 8:12 to 8:24 PM, not 12:11 am. This makes no sense to me...

Any advice would be greatly appreiated. The OS is v7.0.0.261.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0532.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	19702   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0533.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	19703  

Last edited by 99gst_racer; 07-10-2012 at 08:12 PM..
Old 07-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA
Default Re: Mixed order of SMS and odd dates. Weird.

See what others say. Sounds to me like a network issue so far as the time and date issue. Have you asked your carrier about it?

Not sure about the second issue. I'm wondering if it will sort out once issue #1 is solved. But again, see what others say. Talk to your carrier if you haven't already.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile
Old 07-12-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
99gst_racer
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9900
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

I did ask my carrier and they are clueless.

I doubt it's a network issue though being that the device worked great for me while I used it. Also, my 9900 works great for me and both devices are on the same account.

I'll try updating the OS tonight.

Last edited by 99gst_racer; 07-12-2012 at 09:49 AM..
Old 07-12-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
aiharkness
BlackBerry God

Model: BBPP
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

That's actually all the more reason to think it is not the device. You are an experienced BlackBerry user. You didn't have any trouble with the device. Now the only thing really different is it is on another user's line. Plus, time and date stamp is controlled at the network level and not on the device, from what I understand.

All I can say is I have seen issues raised on a carrier support forum where someone is having a weird issue that no one else is having, the user does everything possible on his end, customer service says there is nothing wrong on their end, but one of the carrier reps on the forum takes a personal interest and escalates the issue to a level where people know how to troubleshoot it on the carrier side, and it turns out to be a technical issue that ends up getting corrected on the carrier's end.

For those reasons I say it sounds like a carrier issue with that line. If I'm right, your real problem is how to get the carrier to see it that way and escalate your complaint to folks who will troubleshoot it.
Posted via BlackBerryForums.com Mobile

Last edited by aiharkness; 07-12-2012 at 10:01 AM..
Closed Thread