Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 04:34 PM   #1
onetimeuse
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Telus
Default Telus and text message plans, what idiots

Please Login to Remove!

So I called Telus for an unrelated issue and wound up talking about text message plans. I pay $10 for unlimited text messeges, which I had signed up for a while ago. I was then informed that the text message plans shouldn't and usually don't work with pdas and that I should just cancel and pay per use....wait wait this is getting confusing. So, text message plans and pay per use text messages are two totally different styles of text message? I don't think so. The guy told me that it seemed to be working for me right now but if I ever get a bill where I'm charged the $10 plus I'm charged the .15 cents per each text message sent, they'll credit my account for the $10 and I'll be expected to pay the difference. Something tells me this is a scam.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:10 PM   #2
Lex Luthor
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
Carrier: xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;xxx9824;

What a moron. If you have an sms plan it doesn't matter what device you use it on.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:53 PM   #3
WorldIRC
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Telus has a billing issue right now where the billing system interferes and can't tell if the SMS is using DATA or if it's an SMS...seems kinda dumb since no other provider has this problem. If you are billed for SMS, they will credit you.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:36 AM   #4
bamfan

Model: 7250

DO you use your BB for alot of text messaging? When I bought mine I told the girl most of my dealings were through text message and she said it was great for that. Well i'm pretty sure she lied to me cause I can't reply to text messages let alone even tell who's sending to me. Also I was told that if you put msg.telus.com after a persons 10 digit cell # txt would work, but all I get is invalid e-mail adresse. Is there something I need to set up fr txt msgxxx237;ng on it or am I stuck for the next 3 years not knwing whos msg'ing me?????
Old 06-29-2006, 06:12 PM   #5
Fkewl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Bell

Hi,

What type of BB are you using ?

Since MIKE iDEN BBs (7510.7520.7100i) are not compatible with sms

Well, you can receive ( i just tested with my 7510) , but no menu for "Compose SMS" or "SMS xxxxxx" in contacts

If you are using a PCS BB (7250,8700,7130) you should have the same functionnality as a normal phone

And Text messaging fees, if you have the latest unlimited sms function (code SMSGULD10) will be 0$ for reception and sending

But, if you use the email address instead (to send), well that goes under your data package

note that SMS sent from the TELUS website (without callback #) or by email, they arrive without a sender

With sufficient thrust, Blackberrys can fly
Closed Thread