rachamphetamine
BBF Moderator

Model: --
PIN: E SOL
Carrier: VZW

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCMD View Post
Delays in the end may save us from ourselves. If it comes out too early and the OS isn't fully baked then the Bold will be DOA and we wouldn't be happy. If they take a month and get it fully right then go for it, but don't jerk us around ATT/RIM just to make yourselves fee self impofrtant.
I agree
Old 06-21-2008, 12:19 PM   #82
greggebhardt
No longer Registered.

Model: 9000!
PIN: NOT!
Carrier: AT&T

I have been using RIM for many years you you need not worry about them delievering something before it is ready. Ohters may but not RIM.
Old 06-21-2008, 01:00 PM   #83
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietcoke View Post
Although I am not a fan of apple in anyway and love my blackberries. This is very valid point. The iphone has pop and flair.... the bold has a new dark theme on an os that is getting old quick....

I hope android puts the iphone to shame... however the iphone is getting cheaper.... and it is an ipod as well. I am just pissed my 8120 is running slow lately.
OS, meaning Java is getting old fast?! Oh dear its JUST getting better! SonyEricsson has just announced a new phone with their Capuchin project, Java based OEM phone with Flash for the UI. Coders will be able to make apps that use Flash as the GUI on Java or Java with tie ins to Flash. I mention SE to show you they do a LOT with Java on their entire phone line, more so than any other company other than RIM.

Also you haven't heard of MIDP3, have you?! Just you WAIT!!! SonyEricsson, Motorola, RIM, and Nokia have already approved the 2nd spec of MIDP3. Just a quick info on HOW that'll affect BB's - ESPECIALLY if the BOLD will get it in some firmware update in early 2009 (MIDP3 is expected to be finalized by Nov this year timeframe). Imagine launching your BB with the selected apps you WANT to boot up doing data exchange. Also imagine corporate apps that the BES Admin can use to have your BB that is stolen tracked - not just simply wiped. A thief can re-install an OS, and not ALL providers block PIN without a police report. Sure that report is quickly done when a manager from a large corporation files it; but for personal end users on BIS it takes a few ours/days to get action done. How about tracking that fool down to his workplace or his home even AFTER a firmware install - maybe RIM would implement this on EVERY firmware for every device GPS imbedded or not. Maybe RIM can have the data charges compensated for by agreement with providers for such a case ;). Applications seemlessly sharing data amongst each other: Sending an email requesting a tentative appointment AUTOMATICALLY gets added to the calendar (before the other accepts it) and when they approve its added to your BB as scheduled, same on their end; while documents just by named alone in the email are attached and viewable when the alarm goes off. Yes sweet times ahead.

This is how young the OS is, and its GOOD. Now with Flash in the GUI along with Java, and with Ruby, and other micro code you can have some serious stuff from RIM ... if they decide to use it.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:20 PM   #84
fkjr2
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9550
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettochild View Post
You don't really believe that the Bold will outsell the iPhone 3g, do you? As far as the entire BB line is concerned, there are about 12-13 million BB users worldwide. BBs are around for what, about 6-8 years? The iPhone with the release in 70 or so countries will likely surpass 10 million users at the end of the year- 1.5 years after the phone's initial release.

That should speak for itself.
umm....are you naked behind that apple?
Old 06-21-2008, 08:07 PM   #85
stranger
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: rogers(thiefs)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
umm....are you naked behind that apple?
i dont get it?
Old 07-04-2008, 10:37 AM   #86
Davito
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: BOLD
Carrier: Rogers

I would rather RIM have the Javelin ready for release first...
Closed Thread