Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 08:19 AM   #61
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Get one of the Seidio holsters then. They have great clip holsters that work really well. Some with skins and some without. I tend not to use the holster on the weekend, but I have it anyway if I want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyalus View Post
I am a business traveler. The Bold is next to useless without a big battery. The 3500 from Seidio adds less bulk than the version for the Curve, IMO....

Maybe I was just spoiled as my first BB was the 8820, which had a nuclear battery!

To me, getting through an 8 hour day with at least 50% left on the battery is critical - mostly because my days last longer than 8 hours!

The biggest issue to me is that all you can use with this thing is a holster... I wish that they made a larger case that was fitted with this battery.

R
Old 03-22-2009, 08:20 AM   #62
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

PIN: Agaboobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgerbasio View Post
I'd also like to know. I'm considering the larger battery too.

Regards-Michael G.
No I don't believe so. The best solution is the charging dock Seidio sells. The base dock can be used with various battery inserts. See my website.

Stinsonddog's Blackberry Tips and Tricks ‎(Blackberry Tips & Tricks from the Mods)‎
Old 03-22-2009, 01:06 PM   #63
fzfrank
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrod623 View Post
Most likely not. If the phone has any different case then the one provided in the box, all hip cases, skins, pouches will no longer fit.
I appreciate the response, but does someone from Seidio know for sure? If the new battery door is like the one on my old 8700, the bottom isn't any thicker. I don't have a Bold yet, so I don't know what this one looks like.

If the standard charging stand won't work with the extended battery door, does Seidio have a charging stand that will?
Old 03-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #64
element526
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A

I have the Seidio 3500ma. Yeah the back could be more attractive but I would rather have a working Bold than a dead attractive one. With the new battery I get two days of heavy use instead of maybe one day.
I use a Nite Ize holster with it and am more than pleased.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #65
Rhyalus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by element526 View Post
I have the Seidio 3500ma. Yeah the back could be more attractive but I would rather have a working Bold than a dead attractive one. With the new battery I get two days of heavy use instead of maybe one day.
I use a Nite Ize holster with it and am more than pleased.
Which holster from Nite Ize are you using?

Sorry to the guy not getting his answer on it fitting into the charging base....at this point I would just email Seidio for an answer...

R
Old 03-23-2009, 04:34 AM   #66
element526

Model: Bold

I believe it's called the Clip Case. I got it a year ago for another PDA type phone. Bought this one at Bass Pro Shop for about $10.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:00 AM   #67
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Stinsonddog said he didn't think it would fit. I'm probably going to take his advice and just get the charging dock. I already have a second battery (I'm using the Seidio 1650 battery so I have the stock one). Carrying a second battery when I need it is probably better than having the larger battery all the time.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:49 PM   #68
Rhyalus
Thumbs Must Hurt

I sure wish boot ups didn't take five minutes, though....
Old 03-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #69
mgerbasio
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800c
Carrier: Cingular

Me too. Now when I call AT&T to complain my calls keep dropping, they tell me to pull the battery. What is this - Windows Mobile.

I was down to 10% by 4:00pm today and was only using the phone for about 90 minutes.

Regards-Michael G.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:56 PM   #70
duffin

Model: 8300

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhs View Post
No one have experience with this alternative battery?

Competition is healthy, right?
Old 03-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #71
Rhyalus
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hey, I just exchanged emails with Seidio - they have a "Premium Vertical Leather" case which they say fits to the 3500 on the Bold.

If you go the Seiodionline site and select the 3500 battery, it shows up as a related product.

I am thinking about buying this even though it is a bit more expensive. It should protect the phone better than a clip holster...

R
Old 03-30-2009, 04:22 PM   #72
NOKJAA

Model: None
Carrier: KPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptukhar View Post
I've been using the 3500 battery for about 2 days and it has been great. Holding the phone is much better with the added girth. Battery cover has the nice rubber grip feel and I'm finding that I can type easier one handed.
Battery life appears to be very good, but will get better results after several charge cycles. Usually will end up with 45-55% battery usage after a days usage. Now am left with 85-90% after a days usage. Thats with about 30-40 minutes of calls and 1 hr browsing, 200+ emails. I'm using an ATT branded Bold so am stuck on the 3G data setting. Very happy with this battery.
Excellent news! You are the first Power-User I've come across so far that explains what they actually DOwith their Berry......200+ emails... I Do however browse less but Yap considerably more.... KPN in Holland allows switching fro 3G to GRPS... Thanks for your input. I will be problably be ordering this battery in April.
Closed Thread