Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrunner View Post
a bit thinner and a touch wider it looks to me

as well as a clear IMEI

I was thinking same thing Sith someone not to bright

But thanks for the pics
Almost there ...

Hint: Barcodes are not there for decoration.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:09 PM   #42
serrano_yejo
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Exclamation About 9000

This commentary taken from BLACKBERRY COOL and over the hype I think they are the most sincere questions about the 9000 series without fanboyism:

Weekly Contest: The Waiting Game | BlackBerry Cool

Quote:
The first looks at the BlackBerry 9000 were back in October, and with a rumored delay, we might not be seeing it until the summer. Thats a ten month wait for 3G and a facelift - the big question here? Is it worth the wait? There are plenty of 3G, QWERTY-keypadded handhelds out there already; are the incremental upgrades to BlackBerrys lineup quick enough to stay competitive?
Old 03-28-2008, 08:11 PM   #43
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Model: WP7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
and for the record, i happen to agree with you ArgonNJ, mobile safari is, in my opinion, worlds better than other mobile browsers
Now if only RIM would incorporate a similar type browser in the BB.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #44
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

that might bring you back eh? check the aftermarket section just posted a new tabbed browser being developed for BBs
Old 03-28-2008, 09:48 PM   #45
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
that might bring you back eh? check the aftermarket section just posted a new tabbed browser being developed for BBs
Looks good. Put that on a BB with a hardware keyboard and a touch screen for easy zooming and manipulation of web pages and I would be back in a second. I think RIM will deliver, but I have come to know that RIM moves with the speed of molasses when it comes to big changes on their hardware. Time will tell.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:50 PM   #46
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

well luckily i think the browser should be resolved with a software issue (that one does look very promising, i like the landscape view, especially with a track ball)
Old 03-28-2008, 10:20 PM   #47
PPCMD
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8820
PIN: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
As expected, nothing earth shattering. And its got that same crappy keyboard from the 8800 series. Guess I'll be sticking with my iphone for a while longer.
As if the iPhone keyboard is so great either. I tried it, it sucks, no tactile feel, the keyboard is not lined up or accurate. So which one has the worst keyboard, the Ipown does.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:32 AM   #48
wabbit
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
I guess you have never played with the iphone. Mobile Safari is 1000 times better then mobile IE.
no i played with an iphone. its the junk apple codes which makes their product inferior. i am tired of the apple fan boys who believe in the idiotic apple commercials,

here this is how good apple is..

apple distributes safari exactly like malware, oh look itunes update, the heck why is safari included now? its not an itunes update.

mac book air, safari or os x safari buffer overrun exploit while this has been out for a long time now apple still refuses to patch it.

Slashdot | MacBook Air First To Be Compromised In Hacking Contest

btw the hack applies to all os x safari not just air. its even funnier it was hacked within 2 minutes of going online.

Slashdot | Microsoft or Apple - Who Is the Faster Patcher?

and how the key commercials are set at the ignorant masses who believe apple is superior to a pc i laugh at,

i would rather take a ms product or win mobile device before an apple product, just for he sheer false advertising behind it.

Mozilla CEO: Safari = Malware? | The Boy Genius Report

i mean the lines mac follows is so funny, microsoft has anti trust, while mac can practice the same crap ms got sued over and get away with it.. gimmie a break, mac is 10x worst then microsoft, the bottom line tho, they are so small in user base, nobody cares. and most mac users walk with blinders on.

p.s i have played with the iphone and if i was a girl it would be a device for me, its too femmine for me, and i'm not 16 and in hs that sporting media on a phone is cool with friends.. the feel from the phone is girlish.

Last edited by wabbit; 03-29-2008 at 12:37 AM..
Old 03-29-2008, 02:34 AM   #49
ssb16
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
PIN: ask first
Carrier: Rogers

Device looks to finally bring a lot of features we all want though as many of you are pointing out it is not earth shattering....I mean it is not like the iphone.

Question is when do we see it on the market and when does this become official...I mean is this really the device of just someones idea of photoshop fun? I keep hearing June...anyone know for sure?

Also where are people finding the specs?
Old 03-29-2008, 03:44 AM   #50
arnoz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8120
Carrier: HappyMany

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbit View Post
mac book air, safari or os x safari buffer overrun exploit while this has been out for a long time now apple still refuses to patch it.

Slashdot | MacBook Air First To Be Compromised In Hacking Contest

btw the hack applies to all os x safari not just air. its even funnier it was hacked within 2 minutes of going online.
I don't really call it hacking when the guy prepared his website with the exploit for I don't know how long and then just launched Safari and had to point to a specific server so the hack would be done... I don't see how that could harm a Mac while randomly browsing.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:16 AM   #51
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

i mean the lines mac follows is so funny, microsoft has anti trust, while mac can practice the same crap ms got sued over and get away with it.. gimmie a break, mac is 10x worst then microsoft,

This statement along with your "IE is better then Safari", tells me you are a MS fan and no product or feature from Apple will ever suit you.

i am tired of the apple fan boys who believe in the idiotic apple commercials

p.s i have played with the iphone and if i was a girl it would be a device for me, its too femmine for me, and i'm not 16 and in hs that sporting media on a phone is cool with friends.. the feel from the phone is girlish.

I'll take those 2 comments as a shot at me, typical.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:23 AM   #52
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Argon I wouldnt take the girl comments as a personal shot. I felt the same way it does feel kind of femine to me as well. I thought that the first time I played with it.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:27 AM   #53
ArgonNJ
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
Argon I wouldnt take the girl comments as a personal shot. I felt the same way it does feel kind of femine to me as well. I thought that the first time I played with it.
To be fair, I have heard some say the very same thing about the 8100 series. I don't agree, personally.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:31 AM   #54
Dawg
No longer Registered.

Model: 8330
PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Actually I agree there as well and I carry the pearl. It is a little dainty
Old 03-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #55
Jagga
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Lord Rogers - 107

Quote:
and for the record, i happen to agree with you ArgonNJ, mobile safari is, in my opinion, worlds better than other mobile browsers
Although the browser that many ppl are wanting is started by Apple & Nokia (First shown on the Nokia N71 almost 2yrs ago) - the project is called WebKit.

No matter what other companies are calling it (Apple = Safari, Nokia = Nokia Browser, us = mobile safari) its WebKit.

The WebKit Open Source Project

Quote:
WebKit is an open source web browser engine. WebKit is also the name of the Mac OS X system framework version of the engine that's used by Safari, Dashboard, Mail, and many other OS X applications. WebKit's HTML and JavaScript code began as a branch of the KHTML and KJS libraries from KDE. This website is also the home of S60's S60 WebKit development.
(Links in text removed: S60 Webkit development, KHTML, KDE, and Safari).

Interesting that that compass icon looks like Safari's icon, but most likely its for GPS.

PS - Locked into a 3yr contract for a normal phone (SE K850i; media browser icons look exactly like the leaked icons for 9000 ), and saw the Curve Titanium last night REALLY made me miss it!
Old 03-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #56
wabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnoz View Post
I don't really call it hacking when the guy prepared his website with the exploit for I don't know how long and then just launched Safari and had to point to a specific server so the hack would be done... I don't see how that could harm a Mac while randomly browsing.
the exploit is a bufferover run exploit it affects every safari browser out, its been like this for about over a year now, yet mac still dont patch it.

is what i am getting at.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:15 PM   #57
wabbit

Quote:
i mean the lines mac follows is so funny, microsoft has anti trust, while mac can practice the same crap ms got sued over and get away with it.. gimmie a break, mac is 10x worst then microsoft,

This statement along with your "IE is better then Safari", tells me you are a MS fan and no product or feature from Apple will ever suit you.

i am tired of the apple fan boys who believe in the idiotic apple commercials

I'll take those 2 comments as a shot at me, typical.
i prefer open source actually, linux, etc, but bottom line is commercially you have 2, 1 is microsoft, the other is mac, ibm's os2 died. so this brings us to 2 commercial os vendors. i'm leaving the free os vendors out of this, linux dist etc.

out of the two i can purchase in a store, 1 is worst then the other(apple). yet its driving the blind masses with blinders on thats its better, which it is not.

i'm not gonna argue this any further since you seem to be the perfect mac customer. gl

as for part 2, take it how you like it.
you dont like my opinion of the iphone, what ever, its a phone i would get my girl not for my self. its a toy, and girlish. w/e take that as you want.

Last edited by wabbit; 03-29-2008 at 03:17 PM..
Old 03-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #58
Sith_Apprentice
Retired BBF Moderator

ok, lets get this back on topic and keep personal attacks/percieved attacks out of it. Fact of the matter is, this thread is about the 9000, not the iphone, not open source, not safari, the 9000. Stay on topic or risk deletion of posts.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:16 PM   #59
sonny21

Model: none
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
ok, lets get this back on topic and keep personal attacks/percieved attacks out of it. Fact of the matter is, this thread is about the 9000, not the iphone, not open source, not safari, the 9000. Stay on topic or risk deletion of posts.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 04:28 PM   #60
txschafers
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
As expected, nothing earth shattering. And its got that same crappy keyboard from the 8800 series. Guess I'll be sticking with my iphone for a while longer.
Wow....I have been off the forums for a while but comparing the 8800 keyboard to the one on the iphone is amayzing to me. In my experience with the iphone I think the keyboard is the worst out there. Not that the 8800 has a great keyboard but I think it is much better then the virtual garbage Apple put on the iphone.
Closed Thread