BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 11:42 AM   #41
BB4Life
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I'm already playing around with a Storm/Thunder Protoype..i LIIIIIIIIIKE!!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:52 AM   #42
jnelson2000

Model: 9000

The date set is Oct 2, not Sept 12.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:04 PM   #43
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnelson2000 View Post
The date set is Oct 2, not Sept 12.
Buddy, unfortunately for us, your right man. The Bold isn't coming out septmeber 12th or 15th or any kind of day in September. Its coming out in October people. This sucks fat you know what's. How do I know this? AT&T has a page for the blackberry Curve 8320, and at the end of the page, its says it will release on the last week of September (if I can get the link to the page later than I will). Why would RIM/AT&T release the Bold on September 12th and then release the curve with WiFi a week later. That would be stupid. AT&T company are liars (saying the Bold would be released by the end of the summer, and later taking that part out of the page because summer is GONE!!!) but they are not stupid. Oh well, looks like ill probably getting a Storm. What!!! Yah, ill get a storm, I mean, at least we have somewhat of a a release day right, around the time the Bold is suppose to release right? Lol ....man, just showing how stupid it'll be that some people might have bought the Bold, but now might get the Storm since its the same release time frame,....yah, lost money there buddys at AT&T. I mean, I could care less about the "3G problems" their having, I just wanted the dang phone, and still do.

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 12:54 PM   #44
Outrigger

Model: 8820

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDruMMer BoYxx View Post
I mean, I could care less about the "3G problems" their having, I just wanted the dang phone, and still do.
So you would rather have a phone that doesn't work as advertised just to have it? You'll get very bored and the novelty will die within a day and you'll be kicking yourself in the arse.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:58 PM   #45
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by controlled View Post
I hope its true guys. Us Canadians went through a lot of bogus release dates from some of the members here, but I hope your sources are better than ours.

our release dates were spot on! its not our fault Rogers decided to delay it at the last minute...
Old 09-05-2008, 12:45 AM   #46
xxDruMMer BoYxx
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9630
PIN: PM and Ask
Carrier: VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
So you would rather have a phone that doesn't work as advertised just to have it? You'll get very bored and the novelty will die within a day and you'll be kicking yourself in the arse.
Well, im a very gratefull person, i mean once you have something, just enjoy it for the moment, i mean not everything lasts forever...just like my pearl, its gonna get replaced, and soon the Bold will too....everything does...its all im saying is i dont need 3G, im using EDGE now and its fine with me...3G is just an extra, just like Sushi is just an extra to asian people...lol...good example man, good example...

EnJOYing my TOUR!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 02:26 AM   #47
iatrongwan

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhego View Post
Soooooooo excited i can't wait. I almost bought an iPhone but thank god it's coming out soon. Yay!!!
Hope that it's the truth!!!But I wonder how much the UNLOCK BOLD will cost, I intent to bring BOLD to Vietnam!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:02 AM   #48
CanuckBB
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean76 View Post
And just to add more salt on the wound! If history serves me right here, the iphone2 was dropped on Jun 27 or right around there. Now, an Oct release for the Bold would have given the iphone a full 90 day run without in house competition from the Bold.

Which if u ask me is pure stupidity on at&t's part and even more so for RIM. They cater to different people, plain and simple. And even worse, RIM got big timed by Apple because Like somebody said earlier, summer of what year guys??? Not cool on at&t's part at all!
How is it supifity for RIM???

The Bold is released. RIM met their Summer 2009 date. AT&T is delaying the US launch. For whatever reasons.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:42 AM   #49
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

I think we are seeing the same thing here with ATT and VZ. They have the toughest network acceptance stds and these devices aren't yet cutting it. I am sure someone is staying up late nights
Old 09-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #50
bifster
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
My Bold works great! It is definitely working as I expected & I haven't even upgraded to the newer OS' - I'm still on the original OS that it shipped with.

As for AT&T - their network is awful. The last company I was with had AT&T as their standard for US employees - everyone I spoke with about it, hated them. If I had to choose between the device & the network - I'd choose the network. I'm not sure about their network standards.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:07 PM   #51
JG in SB

Model: 9800

Quote:
Originally Posted by bifster View Post
As for AT&T - their network is awful.
Off topic, but I totally disagree.

Where I live (Southern California) I have a full 5 bars just about everywhere. My coverage is flawless travelling anywhere between here and northern California. I can't remember the last time I had a dropped call or encountered a "Network Is Busy" message.

My coverage was even perfect in MEXICO when I went to the Yucatan for vacation a few months ago. No different than if I was still here in So Cal.

However, that is my experience with this carrier. Others' experience might be the same, or different. That is why you will never hear me make a global statement like "their network is awful".

It is silly to assume that your perception of a product, service, or the world is shared by everyone who has experienced the same product, service, and world.

There is an adjective that describes individuals who assume that their perception and opinion about things is the only correct one. I don't think I have to say what that word is

Have a nice day.

Last edited by JG in SB; 09-05-2008 at 07:11 PM..
Old 09-05-2008, 07:39 PM   #52
sean76
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: AT&T, VZW

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckBB View Post
How is it supifity for RIM???

The Bold is released. RIM met their Summer 2009 date. AT&T is delaying the US launch. For whatever reasons.
You are missing my point! RIM is the one that said Summer 2009 on at&t here in the states. at&t has always been givin first dibs on any new BB from RIM. So pure (stupidity) is on at&t. RIM should research giving exclusives to another US carrier.

The shoe fits, this looks like a ploy to draw towards the iphone on at&t's part. Many people on the Forum are using unlocked Bolds on the at&t network, and having no real big issues with the device!!!

So the point is, at&t is just big timing RIM and just delaying for one good reason! There darling little red apple.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #53
bifster
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Carrier: rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG in SB View Post

It is silly to assume that your perception of a product, service, or the world is shared by everyone who has experienced the same product, service, and world.

There is an adjective that describes individuals who assume that their perception and opinion about things is the only correct one. I don't think I have to say what that word is
Whatever...

I am basing this opinion not on a single experience but mutliple. As I stated, my previous company used AT&T. Since I interacted with dozens of people in my company via cell, bad coverage invariably sparked a discussion about it. The opinion of AT&T was almost universal. Not hundreds of people but lots more than one.

Since I travel throught the US quite a bit I've had the "pleasure" of utilizing their network. Even though the Bold is awesome, I'd go with Verizon based on their network, if I lived in the US.

Glad your coverage works for you.
Old 09-05-2008, 11:31 PM   #54
Outrigger

Model: 8820

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDruMMer BoYxx View Post
just like Sushi is just an extra to asian people...lol...good example man, good example...
Yeah, great example. Whats next? fried chicken and black people?
Old 09-08-2008, 10:46 AM   #55
jrodak

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Don't get too excited

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
Hope it's true. My VZW contract expires 9/19 - perfect timing!!

Well, Verizon won't get its version until early 2009.

I broke down and got a Curve.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:54 PM   #56
BBSwany
CrackBerry Addict

Model: Z10
Carrier: Straight Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrodak View Post
Well, Verizon won't get its version until early 2009.

I broke down and got a Curve.
Early 2009 is very optimistic. 3rd or 4Q 2009 is more realistic.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-08-2008, 05:53 PM   #57
teamcrn
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8320
PIN: ASK ME
Carrier: Tmobile

ATT delayed the Bold because of network issue according to a Tech i spoke with who was Hired by ATT to find out what the issue was. The iphone created an interesting catch 22. Att got more new activations and upgrade but in simple terms they just have to many people on the 3G network streaming and using bandwidth. Att has purchased more space but in the short term unless they cap device's the issue will continue.

WWW.TheTDGrouponline.com
Old 09-09-2008, 02:24 AM   #58
estabulla

Good point. I have been comparing AT&T's network speeds from different places (by tethering my bold) and have come to realize a simple thing: Just because the phone says its connected to 3G does not mean you are getting 3G speeds. In fact in most cases, stress the network and you hit a wall....some sort of a cap. I cannot help but imagine it is AT&T putting such caps in place to conserve bandwidth.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:09 AM   #59
holden
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

PIN: TOFJAGER
Carrier: Cingular-AT&T-Verizon-Nextel

By this time I think all of us have heard everything except seeing the phone (at US At&t stores). So with that said I think I can safely say we are sick and tired of the pending date and have heard enough used car sales tactics surrounding this phone that we are all sick and tired and hope that AT&T decides in their infinate wisdom to just release the dam thing for *hrist's sake! (sorry, I am now officially off my soap box but will continue to have fun creating bogus ad's)

Last edited by holden; 09-09-2008 at 03:13 AM..
Old 09-09-2008, 02:04 PM   #60
bexpress

Model: Torch

Here's what my sales rep sent me yesterday.

AT&T CELEBRATES xxx8220;OCTOBERFASTxxx8221; WITH DEBUT OF BLACKBERRY BOLD

Itxxx8217;s Coming! Fastest, Most Powerful BlackBerry Ever on Nationxxx8217;s Fastest 3G Network
Arrives in Stores October

DALLAS, September 8, 2008 xxx8212; AT&T customers will be entering a bold new world next month with the debut of the BlackBerry® BoldTM, the fastest BlackBerry yet and the first from a U.S. carrier to have global 3G capabilities, including in Japan and Korea. AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) and Research In Motion (NYSE:RIMM) announced today that the eagerly anticipated BlackBerry Bold will be available for as low as $299.991 beginning early October 2008, in AT&T retail stores nationwide, through att and select national retailers, as well as through AT&Txxx8217;s business-to-business sales teams.

The BlackBerry Bold, which will be available only to AT&T customers in the United States, will operate on the nationxxx8217;s fastest 3G network and in the most countries abroad of any U.S. carrier, including more than 60 with 3G networks. AT&Txxx8217;s global standard HSPA (High-Speed Packet Access)-based 3G BroadbandConnect network is currently being enhanced even further with the overlay of additional 3G service at 850 MHz spectrum.

Bold Design
The BlackBerry Boldxxx8217;s design is true to its name xxx8211; lustrous black exterior, satin chrome finished frame and stylish, leather-like backplate with a stunning half-VGA (480x320) color display screen and newly designed full QWERTY keyboard. On the inside, the BlackBerry Bold features built-in GPS and Wi-Fi®, a powerful new 624 MHz mobile processor providing more than twice the processing speed of previous BlackBerry smartphones, more memory xxx8211; 1 GB xxx8211; than ever before, and a rich set of multi-media capabilities, including an incredible Web browsing experience with desktop-style depiction.

xxx8220;The BlackBerry Bold is the fastest, most powerful BlackBerry ever, backed by the fastest 3G network in America and the hands down best international coverage of any carrier,xxx8221; said Ralph de la Vega, president and chief executive officer of AT&T Mobility. xxx8220;The BlackBerry Bold is the complete package, providing customers with an absolutely outstanding experience whether browsing the Web, viewing streaming video, doing e-mail or simply making a phone call. And it will be available in the U.S. only from AT&T.xxx8221;

Only From AT&T
In addition to the renowned BlackBerry productivity applications xxx8211; including phone, e-mail, messaging, organizer and browser xxx8211; the BlackBerry Bold from AT&T will boast services not available from any other U.S. carrier:
Simultaneous Voice and Data Capabilities xxx8211; The ability to conduct a phone conversation while, at the same time, checking e-mail, browsing the Web or using another data application, including when tethered to a notebook computer.
AT&T Navigator Global Edition xxx8211; Powered by TeleNav, the only GPS-based service available from a U.S. wireless carrier to provide international navigation capabilities. AT&T customers can get spoken or text-based turn-by-turn directions with automatic missed turn re-routing and a local business finder service in 20 countries.
Seamless Wi-Fi xxx8211; Allows AT&T customers who turn on the BlackBerry Boldxxx8217;s Wi-Fi feature xxx8211; 802.11 a/b/g xxx8211; to connect automatically to home or campus networks, or to any of the more than 17,000 AT&T hotspots nationwide. These include nearly 7,000 participating Starbucks locations plus thousands more restaurants, airports, hotels and other convenient locations across the U.S.
CV xxx8211; CV (Cellular Video) from AT&T gives viewers access to thousands of video clips xxx8211;news, sports, weather, entertainment and more xxx8211; directly on 3G mobile phones via streaming video.
AT&T Music xxx8211; An industry leader in mobile music, AT&T boasts the largest catalog of offerings available today, giving customers mobile access to enjoy XM Radio, song identification through MusicID, music videos through MobiJV, and over-the-air access to the extensive music databases of Napster Mobile and eMusic xxx8211; just to name a few.

E-mail and More
Like all BlackBerry smartphones, the BlackBerry Bold gives users the industryxxx8217;s leading mobile messaging solution. It works with BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, which enables advanced security and IT administration within IBM® Lotus® Domino®, Microsoft® Exchange and Novel® GroupWise® environments, as well as BlackBerry® Professional Software for small businesses. It also works with BlackBerry® Internet Service, which gives users access up to 10 work or personal e-mail accounts. Customers can download and edit Word, Excel and PowerPoint files using the preloaded DataViz® Documents to Go® suite. Beyond e-mail, the BlackBerry Bold will support a full suite of robust business applications.

The BlackBerry Bold also features a 2 megapixel camera with video recording capability, built-in flash and 5x digital zoom. Bluetooth® 2.0 provides support for hands-free headsets, car kits and other Bluetooth peripherals. For managing music and video, the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager software includes Roxio Media Manager for BlackBerry, the new BlackBerry® Media Synch application to sync iTunes digital musical collections2, as well as Roxio Photosuite 9 LE, which makes it easy to enhance pictures and create photo albums on the computer. The BlackBerry Bold also boasts a new acoustic design for enhanced phone listening quality and clarity, and numerous premium phone features including Speaker Independent Voice Recognition (SIVR).

AT&T Backed
Backing the BlackBerry Bold will be AT&Txxx8217;s 3G BroadbandConnect network, which currently is available in more than major U.S. metropolitan areas and, by year-end, AT&T expects to offer the service in nearly 350 major metro areas. BroadbandConnect will deliver to the BlackBerry Bold typical download speeds of 700 Kbps (kilobits per second) and 1.4 Mbps (megabits per second). Outside of 3G coverage, the BlackBerry Bold will connect seamlessly with AT&Txxx8217;s nationwide2 EDGE network, which is available in more than 13,000 cities and towns and along some 40,000 miles of major highways.

By yearxxx8217;s end, AT&T will completely re-purpose 850 MHz spectrum once used for its former TDMA network for the benefit of 3G customers throughout the country. This overlay of additional 3G service at 850 MHz spectrum is expected to further bolster in-building coverage and allow wireless radio signals to travel farther from a cell site.

For the complete array of AT&T offerings,

1 With 2-year contract and qualified voice and data plans.
2 Certain music files may not be supported, including files that contain digital rights management technologies.
Closed Thread