Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 10:30 AM   #1
gtivr6r
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9800
Carrier: AT&T
Default 14 Min video on YouTube

Please Login to Remove!

Around the 12 min mark, they dig into the core applications, and super granulated memory usage for running apps and actual cpu usage.

OS is 247 megs! Thats why it wont fit on anything with less than 256 MB ram.

Enjoy!

YouTube - ‪BlackBerry Torch 9800 Video First Look!‬‎

Also 9 Min video compareing Torch, iPhone 4 and Captivate web browsing and speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLvQp...eature=related

Last edited by gtivr6r; 08-07-2010 at 10:55 AM..
Old 08-07-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
gtivr6r
Thumbs Must Hurt

I deffinately want one!

I think I feel a sick day coming on Thursday....
Old 08-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #3
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

If it was on Verizon, I'd want it too. Maybe there will be a 9830.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:44 PM   #4
jtsunami09876
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

PIN: N/A
Carrier: At&t

OMG outdated processor, old screen technology hello crt monitor tech. droid 2 launches same day on the 12th, go get that instead.

This is like buying a computer that is outdated by a year and paying the price you would pay for current computer with faster processor, what a ripoff!
Old 08-07-2010, 11:09 PM   #5
daphne
BBF Spam Killer Moderator

Model: Paspt
PIN: X1ZPY34K
Carrier: VZW but not for long

~shrugs~
Old 08-08-2010, 03:07 AM   #6
VRaptor
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Bold

OMG they just don't give up do they
Old 08-08-2010, 08:12 AM   #7
michael12005

Model: Tour
Carrier: Verizon
Default RIM made a dumb decision to go with AT & T!

I would buy one if it was with Verizon. If I wanted to go with AT& T I would buy an iPhone 4.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:43 AM   #8
sjsilverman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile & China Mobile

If I had $100 billion, I would hire a bunch of engineers to create the perfect phone for me that could work on any network anywhere in the world, including one that I created only for me and my family. But I don't, and I want the newest Blackberry touchscreen phone, so I will buy the Torch and I will use it on ATT because that is who is selling it. If you don't like it, or you are on a different network, then you don't have to buy it. You also don't have to complain about it. If you are going to buy an iPhone or Droid, then what RIM does has no bearing on you or your life, so stop bellyaching and go buy the iPhone or the Droid.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:02 AM   #9
joju58
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsilverman View Post
If I had $100 billion, I would hire a bunch of engineers to create the perfect phone for me that could work on any network anywhere in the world, including one that I created only for me and my family. But I don't, and I want the newest Blackberry touchscreen phone, so I will buy the Torch and I will use it on ATT because that is who is selling it. If you don't like it, or you are on a different network, then you don't have to buy it. You also don't have to complain about it. If you are going to buy an iPhone or Droid, then what RIM does has no bearing on you or your life, so stop bellyaching and go buy the iPhone or the Droid.
+1 I'm right next to you buddy, in case someone attacks you.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:53 AM   #10
darkamikaze
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: 20d94251
Carrier: AT&T or Cingular

I think it's just that most people want the convenience of having a blackberry device with the perks droid/iphone offers such as (at least for me) cheaper and more accessible apps, more "fun" applications, some form of HD be it recording/pictures, and more application room (space on the phone wise).

Sure blackberries are dubbed as the business device but to really keep up with the market they have to atone to the rest of the people. Stocks been going down for awhile.. need that boost!
Old 08-11-2010, 12:12 PM   #11
JG in SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsunami09876 View Post
This is like buying a computer that is outdated by a year and paying the price you would pay for current computer with faster processor, what a ripoff!
Isn't that what every iPhone user on earth does? LMFAO.

The implementation on this thing is beautiful. And unlike a Droid etc., it promises to be totally stable and to work perfectly with my enterprise BES etc. It also doesn;t weight as much as the bricks they used to build my office.

This has some very nice flashy features, but is still a tool, not a toy. I stake my business success on this tool, so I trust it, unlike the other "bleeding edge" offerings out there.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:18 PM   #12
crboone
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsilverman View Post

It actually does impact me even though I've ordered an Android phone. The reason is because I currently own the original Storm and would have been happy to upgrade to a Storm III -- if I thought it might have some of the basic upgrades (along with the strengths of the BB) that other phones provide. I like my BB, but I also happen to want a little larger/nicer display, camera and processor. I'll miss the features of the BB, but at some point I'm willing to trade for the other features. I realize some don't need those upgrades, or cannot switch because their work provides the phone. But there are a lot of people in my position who have older BBs looking for something new to replace them with on Verizon, and there's nothing available comparable to the Storm/Storm II. And the "Storm III leaked slides" don't appear to be anything different from the Torch really. That's why people have traded in their Storms and Storm IIs for the Androids in droves. Maybe that's what RIM planned, I don't know.

This really isn't to bash RIM or the Storm, it's simply that there's nothing to trade up to. If I knew for sure that an upgraded Storm III were coming down the pipe with hardware upgrades in league with the other newest offerings I would stick with the Storm. That's a fairly simple and reasonable thing to expect, I believe. Your opinion may differ, of course.
Closed Thread