Old 08-08-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
IwantaBlackberry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: 22CFDD07
Carrier: At&t
Default I'm looking forward to the Torch Bye Storm 2

Please Login to Remove!

So I've decided to give up my attempt at running the Storm 2 on At&t. Ever since I upgraded to the lastest version it's been giving me fits. I've spent hours looking up solutions using the search function here and at other BB forums and was unable to fix it. I tried them all but it fell short I blame myself. Still I prefer At&t and 3G over 2G so I'll see if I can pick up the Torch when it goes on sell. I love the touch screen functions that I checked out when I visited my At&t store. So anyone else coming over from a Storm 2 ? I guess what I'm curious about is when I get it. Do I need to install the Blackberry Desktop Manager 6.0 disk that comes with the new phone or will my current 5.0 Desktop Manager detect the 9800 Torch and prompt me to download the new OS?

Last edited by IwantaBlackberry; 08-08-2010 at 07:00 PM..
Old 08-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

My understanding is that Desktop Manager offers certain support unique to OS 6.0 found in the Torch. One example is Podcast support. At a minimum, to get the full features of a 6.0 OS Device you should use DM 6.0. This does not always apply with all new BB's but it seems to be this way in this case

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 08-09-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
IwantaBlackberry
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: 22CFDD07
Carrier: At&t

Ok Thanks for the reply I'll use the disk that comes with the box. And hope it transfers the stuff I have alot of contacts on the storm 2. I just want them to transfer to the torch without messing anything up in the process.
Closed Thread