Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 06:31 PM   #1
krp9711

Model: 7100
Carrier: Cingular
Angry Bes 3.6 to 4.1 issues

Please Login to Remove!

Hello,

I finally had to do the upgrade from our 3.6 server with 400 users on it to 4.1.
All went well on the upgrade and and the majority of the users are working except for a few problems.

Most of the 100 people that are in another country on a different exchange server are having slowness or no mail (mail is showing as pending on BES) stuck at activations of 89%. It appears that the users on the older devices are working at this location.

The other 300 are on one exchange server close to the BES server and are running fine. I did one activation today and it only took 10 minutes.

Things I have done:
Checked the connection to this location it is 30 to 40% utilized

Ping from BES to this remote exchange server is 72 ms no packet loss

The logs on BES on the 2nd agent that is taking care of this server indicate threads are being blocked.

Rebooted the server and it seem to get the users going for a few hours but it eventually reverts back to no messages getting to the devices on this exchange server. Messages do show up on the BES for the users as I can see the pending count.

Exchange servers are running 2003 sp2 mapi32 and CDO are correct versions on BES. My exchange person up there has looked at the exchange server and all appears to be running fine

All worked fine at this location on 3.6. HELP! Any suggestions or things I can check.

Last edited by krp9711; 06-06-2006 at 08:23 PM..
Old 06-07-2006, 09:58 AM   #2
krp9711

Default TX1's answer

Just got off the phone with TX1, after examing the logs I sent them they said we are having high number of threads blocked and sent me this article

Worker_Thread_Issues,_MAPI,_and_BlackBerry_Enterpr ise_Server_v3.6?nodeid=832150&vernum=2[/url]

Which is about 3.6, I know we have long ping times bt bes and remote exchange server but all was working fine before this.

Any ideas suggestions?
Old 06-08-2006, 01:21 AM   #3
ashworth
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

If you have the hardware you could put a BES in the other location. Just get an Express BES and take put some of the CAL's from your prod server and put them in the new server local to the other Exchange server. This will also help if you have any WAN issues.

Just a suggestion.

Cheers
Old 06-08-2006, 04:31 PM   #4
krp9711

Default I wish

I wish could put a bes up there I do have another srp and keys. Management does not want put hardware up there. I did have one of the affected persons mailbox moved down here now his bb is back to normal.

On the other front the network guys have found the router at this office has been getting hammered from some type of smurf attack, this may be causing problems.

It turns out its only 52 people at this location, if the problems do not clear I may roll the 52 back to 3.6 on a separate box and keep the others on 4.1 not ideal but the link along with other things is not handling 4.1.
Closed Thread