BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 06-15-2006, 11:28 AM   #21
m600i_lover

Model: m600i
Default My new M600i

Please Login to Remove!

Got my m600i about a week ago and LOVE IT! It is the perfect blend of size / weight / and functionality - once I either get BB Connect or Exchange Activesync on it will be the perfect device.

Symbian 9.1 / UIQ 3 - great os, hasn't crashed once. What I really like about the m600i is the intuitive usage, the click wheel works on exactly the feature you will most use in each particular window, contact management and other pda features are very functional (better than the Treo in my opinion). The m600i is also fast...no waiting between screens or delayed texting / typing.

The rocker/buttons for qwerty texting was very easy to get used to - in fact I am beginning to like it better than a full qwerty keyboard, this was the only feature I was a little worried about as I didn't like the blackberry 7100c. The rocker buttons enable you to type very qucikly, and the layout just works with most words you will type.

The screen is just plain awesome....great depth and resolution, touch screen works great with either the included pen or with just your finger (I use my finger on the screen most of the time).

I am now anxious to get corporate email working....I am a little disappointed they advertised the device implying that the BB Connect client was included - but it wasn't, and like everyone else on this site - I can't find it. I am trying to talk our Exchange admin to turn on ActiveSync so I can test it - or if the BB Connect client becomes available first I will try it.

Will keep you posted
Old 06-15-2006, 11:43 AM   #22
m600i_lover

Default M600i on Cingular

I am using the m600i on the Cingular network. Signal strength has been good with GPRS, by reviewing cingulars UMTS coverage map is it supposed to be in my area (SLC) but the phone doesn't connect to UMTS only to GPRS. I am going to call Cingular and see what they say about UMTS.

The only bit of researching I had to do was getting internet connectivity working - I tried all the manual configs I could find and to no avail, but I got it working and here is a few things that may help folks:

- I am an old ATT Wireless customer, which means that unless I get a new GSM card for their Media something service you need to have the mMode service activated for your number. mMode unlimited is about $24.99 a month for unlimited internet activity.

- I couldn't get the manual internet settings to work for nothing, and I tried the auto config service from the main Sony's site, but it didn't seem to like sending a config SMS message to a US number. But I did find this site which does send the config and now the internet WORKS!

sonyericsson.wdsglobal.com/worp/ota/wholesale.tt/sem/wap?step=phone.vm&contractId=12&siteLanguageId=249 &captchaEnabled=true&phoneId=1189
Anyone that is interesting in the manual config reply to this post and I will get it off the phone and post.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:04 AM   #23
RxistKJ
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7100T

Quote:
Originally Posted by m600i_lover
How would you compare Exchange ActiveSync and BB Connect...which one is better, worse...if you had to choose which would it be?
I'm on TMO and to be honest, I like Mail for Exchange better for the following reasons:

--e-mail, calendar, and PIM synchronization (BIS in the past only synchronized e-mail)
--instead of paying $19.99/month for BIS, I now only pay $5.99 for unlimited T-Zone GPRS
--I have tested "pull" e-mail and it reaches my E61 before reaching my Outlook Inbox (faster than BIS 15 minute polling)

Ultimately, it serves my purpose better.
Old 06-17-2006, 05:51 AM   #24
tkao2025
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
Carrier: AT&T

Has anyone bought a M600i that has the BB connect already installed? I'm hoping that the BB connect will be released soon or some operator like t-mo in Europe or Asia will have it so we can get it off the Euro/Asian mobile provider site just like the P910.

Strange that SE doesn't have a page like Nokia that says coming soon or some type of notice to let us know that they are working on it.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:25 PM   #25
andrew1977

Model: 7290

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkao2025
Has anyone bought a M600i that has the BB connect already installed? I'm hoping that the BB connect will be released soon or some operator like t-mo in Europe or Asia will have it so we can get it off the Euro/Asian mobile provider site just like the P910.

Strange that SE doesn't have a page like Nokia that says coming soon or some type of notice to let us know that they are working on it.
I contacted Sony Ericsson Singapore and they have advised me to get my M600i to the Service Center to get the BB Connect uploaded into my handheld. I am going to do that first thing tomorrow. Heard they are launching the M600i in Singapore very soon. =P

Cheers!
Old 06-18-2006, 10:32 AM   #26
PhoneHand
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9500
Carrier: tmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew1977
I contacted Sony Ericsson Singapore and they have advised me to get my M600i to the Service Center to get the BB Connect uploaded into my handheld. I am going to do that first thing tomorrow. Heard they are launching the M600i in Singapore very soon. =P

Cheers!
that would be interesting

my guess honestly is BB connect is built into the phone this time and is a instal file.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:32 AM   #27
PhoneHand

and on the other post in regards to Cingular and UMTS. the m600 will not work on UMTS in the United States totaly wrong frequency bud.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:58 AM   #28
tkao2025
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneHand
that would be interesting

my guess honestly is BB connect is built into the phone this time and is a instal file.
So your thinking that those of us that have the phone without BB already installed can't get them installed?? That would be horrible and wrong. Hmmmm..............I'm hoping that's not true. I'm also hoping that when someone has the BB connect on their phone they can somehow upload it for us.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:22 PM   #29
m600i_lover

Just got off the phone with a Cingular tech and they said that the UMTS service runs in the 1900Mhz band and the M600 supposedly supports UMTS in the 1900 band (it's the 2100 band that is in question - does UMTS on the M600 require the 2100 band or can it support the entire communication channel in 1900), however, I need to go get my SIM card swapped out with a Cingular card (I still have the old ATT Wireless SIM).

I'm going to head down and get a new SIM (need to get off the att sim anyway) today and we'll see what happens with UMTS. Will let you all know.

Anyone find BB Connect yet?
Old 06-21-2006, 10:01 AM   #30
krp9711

Model: 7100
Carrier: Cingular
Default Anyone get BB connect working?

I got the BB connect for the M600i, trying to connect to the BES server but it gives an illegal pin message. I have been told I need version 3.28 of the software to for it to work. Has anyone located the software yet?
Old 06-21-2006, 10:40 AM   #31
Harleydog
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: pEARL
Carrier: TMOBILE

Mind posting that sis file for the bb connect software for all of us.

That would be great
Old 06-21-2006, 02:01 PM   #32
Crawfordr

Model: 9300i
Default BB Connect Software

Can I ask? Where you got the connect client from?

Thanks
Old 06-22-2006, 02:04 PM   #33
Sscooterme

Model: 7520

If anyone needs help on their m600i getting pop 3 email to work (both send and reply) on T mobile US let me know. I was able to get mine to work with lots of trial and error using SE configurator and some manual tweeks on sending group - username and password config on earthlink
Old 06-22-2006, 03:41 PM   #34
PhoneHand

Quote:
Originally Posted by krp9711
I got the BB connect for the M600i, trying to connect to the BES server but it gives an illegal pin message. I have been told I need version 3.28 of the software to for it to work. Has anyone located the software yet?
post the software dude we will all try and get it to work.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:46 PM   #35
kman79

Model: 7100T

Quote:
Originally Posted by m600i_lover
I am using the m600i on the Cingular network. Signal strength has been good with GPRS, by reviewing cingulars UMTS coverage map is it supposed to be in my area (SLC) but the phone doesn't connect to UMTS only to GPRS. I am going to call Cingular and see what they say about UMTS.

The only bit of researching I had to do was getting internet connectivity working - I tried all the manual configs I could find and to no avail, but I got it working and here is a few things that may help folks:

- I am an old ATT Wireless customer, which means that unless I get a new GSM card for their Media something service you need to have the mMode service activated for your number. mMode unlimited is about $24.99 a month for unlimited internet activity.

- I couldn't get the manual internet settings to work for nothing, and I tried the auto config service from the main Sony's site, but it didn't seem to like sending a config SMS message to a US number. But I did find this site which does send the config and now the internet WORKS!

sonyericsson.wdsglobal.com/worp/ota/wholesale.tt/sem/wap?step=phone.vm&contractId=12&siteLanguageId=249 &captchaEnabled=true&phoneId=1189
Anyone that is interesting in the manual config reply to this post and I will get it off the phone and post.

Any chance you have an update on the Cingular UMTS service with the M600i? I would really like to know. I'm off the Tmobile contract and I might switch if it works and works well. I would really appreciate the help
Old 06-25-2006, 08:32 PM   #36
tkao2025
Thumbs Must Hurt

Someone has the BIS for the M600i??? Where did you get it? Is it out on Sony Ericsson site or did it come on the phone. I've been trying to find it.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:35 AM   #37
Psymon

Model: 7100t

I too am looking for the BB Connect for the M600i.....

The phone was officially launched early last week, so I contaced the customer services of Sony Ericsson Singapore a few days later about the BB Connect and they told me to get it installed at their Service Center. However, when I called their Service Center 2 mins later... they said the software was not available. They said it usually takes about 2 - 4 weeks (since the launch of a phone) for the BB Connect software to be available.... that puts it anywhere between next week to mid July. I'll post it as soon as I get it.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:32 AM   #38
PhoneHand

Umts Does Not Work In America On Sony Ericsson M600i Or P990i Please Stop Posting Do Some Research Its Been Said On This Thread Once Before!!!!
Old 06-27-2006, 04:02 AM   #39
hkanji

Model: 8700

The product manager for SE M600i said you have to get the BB Connect software from your operator, not SE. Kind of a bummer since I don't know what T-Mobile UK's policy is. If anyone has the .sis file, please let me know.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:56 AM   #40
m600i_lover

PhoneHand is correct. UMTS does not work on the M600i in the U.S. (I can confirm) the problem is with US carrier frequencies. In the rest of the WORLD UMTS run on 2100Mhz, in the US (Cingular specifically) UMTS is running on 1900Mhz - the M600i UMTS frequency is 2100Mhz.