Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
awood279

Model: 9550
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default Storm 2 Issues / Newest Update

Please Login to Remove!

I am currently using a Storm 2. I've been using the Storm 2 for the past year and absolutely love (even with its little issues here & there). However, a little while a large update was pushed to my phone via Verizon and it pretty much rendered my phone useless. I started having all kinds of issues like the screen locking up, multiple selections (clicky) keyboard, app freeze up, lost the ability to have it switch to bedside mode upon charging, etc. I hooked it up to my computer and did a sync and update by that means and still all the problems existed. So I took the phone to Verizon and they performed a warranty replacement.

The new phone stinks on ice! It keeps locking up, apps that I used to run without issue now fail and lock up. I've had to pull the battery more times in the past 2 weeks than I think I ever have. I get error messages like "Uncaught exception: application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(97) is not responding; process terminated" . And things just don’t operate as smoothly as before.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I just don’t know what to do.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:01 PM   #2
traveling guy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Don't go over the horizon if you got Verizon
Default Re: Storm 2 Issues / Newest Update

This update seems to be loaded with bugs. It seems that some people have zero problems and like it but many report the same issues you are having. You could try making a good backup first, then wipe your phone clean, and then reload your old OS and apps. Or you could just use DM and reload the old OS which is what I did. There are other threads on other forums (do a Google Search) and you can make a decision on what you want to do. Personally I went back to .428 and things work well again.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

I'm using the 5.0.0.1015 release for a couple months now and really like it.

I'd remove do as suggested above, wipe and reload the OS, and add your third party applications back one by one to see if one of those are messing with it, and the same for any third party themes.

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 12-24-2010, 01:25 PM   #4
TylerBoneZJoneZ
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Droid
PIN: INK
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
I'm using the 5.0.0.1015 release for a couple months now and really like it.

I'd remove do as suggested above, wipe and reload the OS, and add your third party applications back one by one to see if one of those are messing with it, and the same for any third party themes.

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ
I too have 5.0.0.1015. Is there a newer release then this?
Old 12-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #5
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Nope, that's the latest officially release and leaked.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:06 PM   #6
awood279

I hooked up my storm 2 to my computer and moved back to the previous operating system. Everything worked good for a couple days then it started going to hell again. I've been getting Java failure messages and the thing is locking up again. Plus me stinking calendar & contacts are all jacked up between my Yahoo account, my college email account & Facebook! I'm about to lose it!!! I did a security wipe just now and tried to start back up from scratch but no such luck, the stinkin' thing is locking up during the set up process and acting up still. What do I do now? This is driving me crazy! I loved this phone for the last year and now it's a total turd! What the heck do I do now?

Obviously I'm not a tech savy uber tech. geek, I have no idea what half of the stuff is that is discussed over this forum as it's way above my head. So is there anyone who can help me? Please!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #7
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

You're probably getting errors from third party apps, and/or themes.
I don't know about your 'jacked-up" calendar and contacts, we can sort that out later.

For now, follow the instructions to install the OS from the Sticky Thread for the 9550 OS at the top of this Storm section.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #8
awood279

Okay, just got off the phone Verizon's tech. support for Blackberry. We did another security wipe to include apps and reinstalled both email accts. and synced by contacts & calendar with Yahoo. Everything appears to be functioning fine (but only time will tell). I'm going to start adding 3rd party apps back onto the phone and work on customizing. The OS is currently v5.0.0.713, I'm gonna hold tight on that one for now and see what happens. I read others comments on the new OS and I really don't want to go through all those issues on top of what I'm currently experiencing.

Wish me luck! If this doesn't start to get better soon one of us is not going to make it!
Closed Thread