Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 06:02 AM   #1
dsblackberry

Model: 8703
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default yahoo email problems

Please Login to Remove!

new blackberry user. I have had all my yahoo email forwarded without difficulty for the last 3 months. Last night I received an email form blackberry.com that my yahoo email account was no longer accessible most likely caused by a change in the account password. The password has not been changed and works fine for accessing this account. When I try and set up the accont I get a message that says an error occurred during email account validation. Please check your information and try again. My other email accounts are working fine. Again the yahoo mail account has been working fine and there have been no apparent changes to the yahoo account. I have my account through Verizon. Any ideas?
Mike

Last edited by dsblackberry; 08-30-2007 at 06:32 AM..
Old 08-30-2007, 06:08 AM   #2
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Do you need to use the Yahoo Plus Service?

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 08-30-2007, 06:31 AM   #3
dsblackberry

Model: 8703
Carrier: verizon

i don't think so.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:37 AM   #4
jeremyckitching
BlackBerry B Boy

Model: 9700
PIN: 215BE1F8
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.A.

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

There was another thread started last night about this same issue. I am on the BlackBerry now it is difficult to find it. So there a some other users experiencing that now. My Yahoo! mail is fine at this point, so it isn't global.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:51 AM   #5
posko

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Yahoo Small Business - Blackberry Problems

I also am experiencing the same issue as the original poster. I've been receiving mail fine on my blackberry for months and just last night received a notification indicating a problem.
I think it may have something to do with the Small Business Yahoo mail account. I was able to get T-Mobile to sync with my regular *@yahoo.com account but not my *@mydomain.com.

I hear there's another thread related to this. I haven't found it yet.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:01 AM   #6
longhornalex
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Pearl
Carrier: Cingular

I too am having this issue. I have had Yahoo running for about 8 months now and then I got the same message. I have the pay for service. This is the one you pay $20 for and then you don't have to see any adds. I am assuming this is a BB issue and they are working on getting it back up and running but I am glad to hear I am not the only one.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:19 AM   #7
Insomnic

Default AT&T via Yahoo Problems as well

Additional info:
AT&T/SBC email is also having the same problem being picked up by my T-Mobile BIS service. Got the same email as others about possible password change being the cause.

Yahoo hosts the email for @sbcglobal.net and @swbell.net email accounts and these are the addresses that stopped working last night/this morning.

I've only just started messing with the different settings on Yahoo and BIS (you can get more account settings if you put in wrong account info - you can then manually enter the ports and so forth - which AT&T recently changed). Will report back if playing with the settings does any good.
Old 08-30-2007, 08:31 AM   #8
gr8guy

Model: 8800
PIN: 24076B41
Carrier: STC
Unhappy The Same Problem

Hello Guys,

I have been googling and contact the support to resolve the same Problem with NO LUCK I have a domain that i bought through @Yahoo Small Business@ I 've been traying to set up the account through my BB and the BIS website and all what i get is the damn error message (the system encountered error)!!!

I tried and contacted Yahoo but they say that they have no problems from thier side!!! so as BB !!! Now i'm stuck in the between,,i've even tried to bug my carrier but nothing happened!

Having this mail on my BB is very important to me! I'll apprecite if anyone can Help!!!
Old 08-30-2007, 09:01 AM   #9
Insomnic

Default Carriers? Settings?

As I mentioned previously, this is happening with T-Mobile carrier. Which other carriers are affected?

The changes I was instructed about from AT&T Yahoo for setting up AT&T hosted domains held on Yahoo.com were related to the port settings an email client would have to use as they were changing to SSL. I would assume it may be the same for people who have small business accounts as well.

Here are the new port settings:
# SMTP port to 465.
# POP3 port to 995

This is different than the "standard" ports and I wouldn't be surprised if different carriers didn't account for these changes. I can setup POP settings manually on BIS with T-Mobile but can't set ports. I was informed about these port changes months ago and called T-Mobile at the time but they didn't seem to think anything of it and just suggested I call if there is a problem.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:03 AM   #10
jwh463
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default ATT also

I am having email issues as well, all my verizon/yahoo email addresses are getting validation errors. I called ATT and they have a recording stating they are having 'data' issues
Old 08-30-2007, 09:06 AM   #11
Insomnic

Just got off the phone.
T-Mobile is aware of the issue with Yahoo hosted accounts and is working on it as an "outage" grade issue.
Looks like it will just be a matter of time.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:07 AM   #12
rsnadel
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000

Didn't Yahoo just do an upgrade to their email system this week? Perhaps that's a reason for problems. Did you try deleting and re-adding the account?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:11 AM   #13
veejayr

Model: 7130c
Carrier: Cingular
Default Same Problem-AT&T

Exactly the same problem reporting by first posting in this thread.

Been receiving Yahoo mail for over a year without problems. Got the same email notification last night that my aYahoo ccount could not be accessed because of a possible password change. Went to BIS, found no password for my Yahoo account. Tried to re-enter in, but got the same "error occurred attempting to validate your Yahoo account" message. Delete the Yahoo account but go the same message trying to put it back.

Can't find any mention of the issue on the Yahoo website or the RIM support site! Help......
Old 08-30-2007, 09:18 AM   #14
gr8guy

PIN: 24076B41
Carrier: STC
Unhappy Same Problem Different Carries

Its not just Carriers in US, i have the same problem even here is KSA! Don't have the option to change ports or anything! I get the error message from step 1 which is entering the email address and password.

I just received an email form: [email address]

It says: This message is used to carry data between the BlackBerry handheld and an associated server. Please do not delete, move or respond to this message - it will be processed by the server.

Don’t know what does it mean???
Old 08-30-2007, 02:30 PM   #15
vothelo

Model: 9530
PIN: Changes weekly
Carrier: 9000 Unlocked AT&T, Unlocked 8310 on Telcel (Mexico), Unlocked 8320 as backup. Storm on VZW
Default Same problem...

Just started last night...weird things is I have three yahoo email accounts on my BB and only started having issues last night. I deleted and tried to re/setup the account and it says the same error everyone is receiving...error during account validation. So far only one of the three has had this issue, though this account was setup a loooong time ago at the same time as the other one while the third is relatively new...been receiving yahoo mails on my BB with nos issues for the last year...if anyone has a fix or update please post.

Thanks!
Old 08-30-2007, 03:25 PM   #16
frankeg3

Model: 8310
Angry Happened to me at 9:23 PM 08/29

This is odd - have a Yahoo business account - I have serval user names - one @yahoo.com, the other @companydomain.com - I have no problem with the @yahoo.com.

Of course, I didn't look here first (mistake) - I deleted my address off of BIS and went through screens and now it is setup as a [email address] - which the BIS accepts but nothing is being forwarded to my BB.

Ugghh! I hope whatever is causing this gets cleared up soon - this is causing BIG problems.

Please keep us up to date / I'll do the same if any success.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:28 PM   #17
frankeg3

Model: 8310

I tried deleting and re-entering but got the same message that it could not validate the password - now my email is wiped off the BB - I wouldn't delete anything just yet.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:37 PM   #18
spin-dizzy

Carrier: Rogers

Wirelessly posted (Spin's BlackBerry 7290: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107)

Same issues today with Rogers Yahoo email accounts.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:44 PM   #19
jorr

Carrier: att
Default On the phone with Yahoo Small Business right now

I'm on hold....

The primary reason I went to Yahoo Small Business was for the instant-sync between my email account and my blackberry. Google didn't offer it. I'm told that Google has fixed that problem, but I was very happy with Yahoo Small Biz.

This whole thing is a pain in the ass.

Yahoo says that my account does exist (duh). They say Blackberry has updated their software and it was their fault. My case is: I switched over to Yahoo for the instant-sync between Yahoo and Blackberry. Therefore it is incumbent upon Yahoo to find the solution WITH Blackberry.

The Yahoo attendant told me to delete my account from Blackberry and try to reload it. Luckily I have two small business accounts so I tried the one I never use. I deleted it and tried to re-install it. It would re-install. It said it was invalid.

So, I'm stuck. I'm waiting for the Yahoo attendant's supervisor....
Old 08-30-2007, 03:51 PM   #20
jorr

Carrier: att
Default Yahoo's Supervisor

So, I just got off the phone with "Doug" -- a Yahoo Small Business Supervisor.

He tells me that Yahoo engineers are fully aware of the problem and have been working on it all day.

I asked him if it was a collaborative approach with Blackberry. He said he wasn't sure.

I asked him about other calls. He said they have had calls streaming in all day about it.

I don't know if this guy is for real -- or if he was just appeasing me. We'll see. If I have any other updates, I'll let you all know. I'm trying to track down a phone number for Blackberry to get their end of it.

Please keep posting!!!
Closed Thread