Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 11:17 PM   #1
sabrewulf
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T
Default Does MobileMe push to BB Bold?

Please Login to Remove!

Anyone know if MobileMe plays nice with RIM and allows data to be pushed?
Old 04-05-2009, 02:28 AM   #2
oxeneers

Model: 8900
PIN: 23B20B53
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Just got a 8900 from an iPhone 3G on T-Mobile, and believe it or not, I receive e-mails faster on the 8900 than I did on the iPhone 3G with PUSH enabled (which killed the battery like NO OTHER, even with just EDGE enabled).

In other words, MobileMe works fantastic.

For contacts, I use Google Sync to sync my calendar/contacts to my device, and I use other programs on my Windows and Mac machines to sync MobileMe to my Google account. Hassle-filled workaround, but works flawlessly.
Old 04-05-2009, 05:16 AM   #3
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Model: 9370
Carrier: Verizon

Yup! When Apple upgraded .Mac to MobileMe they enabled instant push for all devices, not just the iPhone. I too get my .Mac email even faster on my BB than on my desktop. Plus, even though syncing of read/unread status and deletions are not fully supported on BIS, they do work on MobileMe. Everything I send on my Blackberry is in my sent items folder on my home Mac. That's kinda sweet!
Old 04-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
sabrewulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxeneers View Post
Just got a 8900 from an iPhone 3G on T-Mobile, and believe it or not, I receive e-mails faster on the 8900 than I did on the iPhone 3G with PUSH enabled (which killed the battery like NO OTHER, even with just EDGE enabled).

In other words, MobileMe works fantastic.

For contacts, I use Google Sync to sync my calendar/contacts to my device, and I use other programs on my Windows and Mac machines to sync MobileMe to my Google account. Hassle-filled workaround, but works flawlessly.
I had Google Sync just for my calendar on my iPhone. Does the calendar function work just the same on the Bold? What about MobileMe contacts? Can you sync those to the Bold as well?

This is what I had on my iPhone..

MobileMe of course, but didn't use the Calendar due to its lack of reoccurring events like Google Calendar. I don't use Google Contacts cause it would just create a mess (and I don't care for my Google Contacts anyways since it's not my primary email).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Yup! When Apple upgraded .Mac to MobileMe they enabled instant push for all devices, not just the iPhone. I too get my .Mac email even faster on my BB than on my desktop. Plus, even though syncing of read/unread status and deletions are not fully supported on BIS, they do work on MobileMe. Everything I send on my Blackberry is in my sent items folder on my home Mac. That's kinda sweet!
So if you delete an email on your BB device, it doesn't reflect on MobileMe web? You have to delete it again while logged on the site?
Old 04-06-2009, 11:00 PM   #5
dmblue

Model: 8700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrewulf View Post

So if you delete an email on your BB device, it doesn't reflect on MobileMe web? You have to delete it again while logged on the site?
Mine works if I delete from the BB. But if I delet from Mobile Me
it doesnt delete from the blackberry
Old 04-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmblue View Post
Mine works if I delete from the BB. But if I delet from Mobile Me
it doesnt delete from the blackberry
Correct, at least for me. It's not 100% though. Sometimes I will delete an email on my desktop, then go to it on my BB and when I try to open it on the BB it disappears. Doesn't happen all the time, possibly because of a time delay when I try it or maybe it just doesn't work all the time.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #7
sabrewulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
Correct, at least for me. It's not 100% though. Sometimes I will delete an email on my desktop, then go to it on my BB and when I try to open it on the BB it disappears. Doesn't happen all the time, possibly because of a time delay when I try it or maybe it just doesn't work all the time.
Sounds like it attempts to refresh the message upon opening it, sees the conflict and the mailbox wins. Are you able to sync the MobileMe calendar?
Old 04-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #8
rambo47
Latino Hasta La Muerte

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrewulf View Post
Sounds like it attempts to refresh the message upon opening it, sees the conflict and the mailbox wins. Are you able to sync the MobileMe calendar?
I've never gotten it to work wirelessly since I'm on BIS. I can sync either iCal or Entourage with my Blackberrys, but I find it's not perfect. My Mac is constantly creating a "device default" category and attempting to file all appointments into that category. I use an old IBM ThinkPad for backing up my BBs, updating the OS, etc. I'm eagerly awaiting RIM's alleged "Blackberry Desktop for Mac" solution, but for years it's been only a legend. A rumor really. And remember; a rumor is not responsible for who believes it.
Closed Thread