[b]Username:lpnjakey
[b]Item: Blackberry Bold 9000
[b]Buyer or Seller? Seller
[b]Was it Shipped?No
[b]As Described?N/A
[b]Thread Link:
[b]Price Sold For:$330.00
Rating (10 Being the Highest) 0/10

All buyers and sellers beware of this duo operating on this site. The member goes by the name of Jacob Gaul (lpnjackey) and email [email address] and his associate Kevin Zapko (paypal address kevzapko) [email address].

I agreed to buy this item from the seller i proceeded to buy via paypal were Kevzapko was a verified user. They told me they would send the device once the funds appeared on their account to what i agreed. After 3 days passed i contacted both Jacob and Kevin at which time they said that the funds had not cleared that as soon as the funds cleared they would ship. So far none of my emails have been answered nor have i received anything from them.

The steps i have taken so far are to contact paypal and beging a formal dispute. Additionally i contacted my local police department and filed a police report. I contacted the Upper Arlington (Ohio) police department to start a formal investigation on the matter. An additional step i will be taking tomorrow due to lack of time today is to go the local FBI office and file an internet scam report against this two individuals.

If any user on BBF or any other forum site has been affected by any of these two individuals please PM me so that we you can join on the fight against these crooks.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:34 AM   #2
NickB05
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

same thing happened to me! These 2 clowns...I actually trusted them too
Old 07-14-2009, 01:41 AM   #3
NickB05
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Alright....

So I bought a brand new bold from this guy Jake on the forums, it came and everything was fine. He told me he bought in bulk so I figured alright awesome.

I asked him what kind of prices he could get me on bolds and he said if I bought a minimum of 8 they would be 175/unit for the Bolds, brand new. Seemed really low and too good to be true, but so I went with it.

He put me in contact with his buddy Kevin Zapko, he emailed me back and forth and said 1500 dollars for the 8 phones and to cover paypal fees.

Oh also, I even asked that guy Jake for his phone number to call him and talk to him to make sure it was legit. So I talked to him on the phone for like 30 minutes! Thinking everything was fine.

So I told my buddy about it and Kevin gave me his paypal address and and my buddy sent over $1440.90 to be exact. So Kevin says I need to wait till the funds clear to his bank account he has 8500 dollars transferring out. Say they'll be here overnight from fedex by Saturday at 12. He emailed me Friday night saying I would have the tracking number in 1.5 and I never got anything.

So Saturday comes and I get nothing...I text message Jake, he says yeah he cant get a hold of Kevin and he doesnt know what the deal is and that a lot of people are angry and says that some are already issuing chargebacks.

So I end up trying to email Kevin and Jake all day Sunday and Today and never got anything. Of course we got scammed, but my buddy paid through credit card luckily so he will be able to get a refund through that hopefully.
Closed Thread