BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
d33pa
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9780
Carrier: Rogers BIS/BES/BES
Default PGP on Besx sp2 > PGP Support for Blackberry install on device??

Please Login to Remove!

I am not sure if this is specific to this BES Admin forum or in the security forum, Mod, please move it if you deem necassary. TIA.

I am working with BESX SP2 and trying to get PGP Support for Blackberries. I have looked high and low, to no avail. Lots of info on SMIME, which I had successfully implemented, but now my client wants PGP as many of their clients use PGP opposed to SMIME.
I have activated SMIME on my BESX. I have PGP Desktop installed on my workstation have created keys, etc; can send pgp signed/encrypted via outlook.
There is some information that refers to install this so called "PGP Support for Blackberries" via Desktop Manager.
After a quick chat with a PGP rep, since it has been taken over by Symantec, no one is really that seasoned on the pgp > bb solution. All he said was it was done by DM. I did ask him if there is a file that I need from PGP, he said just licence, and the PGP support is built into DM.
I have the BB device software installed, DM 5.01, PGP Desktop. Going mental.
I am waiting for their tech support to contact me... whenever that will be.

... PS, dont tell me its the SMIME support package for BB as this is already installed and I can see it under security options.. just no PGP
Closed Thread