Old 06-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #61
williamxi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: rogers

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPearl View Post
A battery pull did the trick. Working now. any ideas?

A couple of questions:

1) The instructions for the smart dial rule state the following: Format is <prefix> and/or <country code> and/or <area code> followed by any number.

The order is confusing to me. Say i want to block calls to a number (767-213-4432) or several numbers. If i create a rule as

a) to block all 213 prefixes, it does not work
b) to block asll 767 area codes, it works..
c) or i can block all 767213 numbers. it works.

so my point is, i think you need to maintain the order from left to right. which is not what the instrucitons say.

2) For the above to work, i have to remove the country code which was set to +1 under the BB Smart Dialing features (options menu in call log screen).
If i keep set to +1 which i like it to be there for obvious reasons, then non of the examples above work and the only to block the call is to block numbers starting with 1767213
Hi,

How EasyDialer checks rules on outgoing call

If you define multiple rules, EasyDialer checks each rule by order, if any rule is matched, EasyDialer stops checking and applies the rule.

In a rule, number pattern doesn't have order. numbers are separated by comma. they are checked one by one to match the outgoing call phone number. if outgoing call number is found "starting with" a number, the rule is considered matched.

About "Smart Dialing" in phone options
Suppose you dial number 767-213-4432 from Address book.

if you set country code to +1,
the outgoing call number detected by EasyDialer is +17672134432

if you set country code to unknown, or dial 767213443 from phone pad directly,
the outgoing call number detected by EasyDialer is 767213443

So, about your sample:

1. if you want to block 767-213-4432.
you should set number to 17672134432, 7672134432 (With and without country code 1)

2. if you want to block 767-213-xxxx
set number to 1767213, 767213

3. if you want to block 767-xxx-xxxx
set number to 1767,767

4. if you want to block call to UK
set number to 01144, 44

Last edited by williamxi; 06-12-2009 at 10:40 PM..
Old 06-13-2009, 04:02 AM   #62
MyPearl
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks for the response. One more question:

I like to keep the country code setting to +1 in my BB but it seems to be adding to the complexity of what i am trying to do here. Specifically i want to block all international calls.

so i have rule 0 as: Don't dial with calling card if number starts with 1
and then i have rule 1 as: block the call for all outgoing calls.
(I have several other rules but i am trying to keep it simple)

The above works most of the time. If i dial a name from my address book or a name from my phone log. The only issue is when i try to return missed calls from other US numbers. Say 323-xxx-xxxx called me. it shows without the +1 in the phone log. When i try to redial, the BB fails to append a +1 and therefore the smart dialer blocks me from making the call. (note that the numbers in my address book do not have the +1 but the BB appends the +1 when it dials).

Is there a way to solve this?
Old 06-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #63
williamxi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Thanks for the response. One more question:

I like to keep the country code setting to +1 in my BB but it seems to be adding to the complexity of what i am trying to do here. Specifically i want to block all international calls.

so i have rule 0 as: Don't dial with calling card if number starts with 1
and then i have rule 1 as: block the call for all outgoing calls.
(I have several other rules but i am trying to keep it simple)

The above works most of the time. If i dial a name from my address book or a name from my phone log. The only issue is when i try to return missed calls from other US numbers. Say 323-xxx-xxxx called me. it shows without the +1 in the phone log. When i try to redial, the BB fails to append a +1 and therefore the smart dialer blocks me from making the call. (note that the numbers in my address book do not have the +1 but the BB appends the +1 when it dials).

Is there a way to solve this?
The detected number sometimes is added +1, sometimes is not. So there isn't perfect Smart Dial rules solution.

What I suggest is --
Keep your current rules. To return missed call from call log, click menu "Dial with EasyDialer". Menu Dial ignores Smart Dial rules and active status.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #64
MyPearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamxi View Post
The detected number sometimes is added +1, sometimes is not. So there isn't perfect Smart Dial rules solution.

What I suggest is --
Keep your current rules. To return missed call from call log, click menu "Dial with EasyDialer". Menu Dial ignores Smart Dial rules and active status.
ok. got it. I did buy the s/w btw.

one more suggestion in addition to the 2 above. Is there a way to add a feature to the smart dial to block all numbers that are longer than 10 digits? this will take care of blocking most internaitonal calls.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:27 PM   #65
williamxi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
ok. got it. I did buy the s/w btw.

one more suggestion in addition to the 2 above. Is there a way to add a feature to the smart dial to block all numbers that are longer than 10 digits? this will take care of blocking most internaitonal calls.
Thanks for the suggestion. It was a consideration but not implemented yet.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:56 PM   #66
MyPearl

William,

a couple of questions for using your app with GoogleVoice:

1) In my addressbook, most of the people with international numbers start with +<country code> and some start with 011<countrycode>. Since GoogleVoice requires 011, the country code, and then the number, i was wondering how does your program handle + in my addressbook. I know i can set an int'l prefix of 011 in the calling card setting, but just wondering if your app sends the + symbol or is it just ignored.

2) In the above scenario, if i use a 011 prefix in my calling card and i want to dial a number that has 011 at the beginning of the number, will easydialer dial 011 twice? Ie. 011011<country code>

3) Is there a way to inercept all numbers that start with a + and have them use a specific calling card?
Old 06-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #67
williamxi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
William,

a couple of questions for using your app with GoogleVoice:

1) In my addressbook, most of the people with international numbers start with +<country code> and some start with 011<countrycode>. Since GoogleVoice requires 011, the country code, and then the number, i was wondering how does your program handle + in my addressbook. I know i can set an int'l prefix of 011 in the calling card setting, but just wondering if your app sends the + symbol or is it just ignored.

2) In the above scenario, if i use a 011 prefix in my calling card and i want to dial a number that has 011 at the beginning of the number, will easydialer dial 011 twice? Ie. 011011<country code>

3) Is there a way to inercept all numbers that start with a + and have them use a specific calling card?
Hi,please see my below answers:

1) EasyDialer replace + with international prefix defined in the calling card. It doesn't send + out. But if you don't define the prefix in calling card, it will remove + only.

2) It won't send 011 twice.

3) + should not be used in rule. It's not accurate. For example, below number defined in address book all are formated to same number:

416xxxx, 1416xxxx, +1416xxxx are formatted to +1416xxxxx.
01186xxxxx, +86xxxx are formatted to +86xxxxx
Old 06-29-2009, 03:30 AM   #68
MyPearl

Quote:
Hi,please see my below answers:

1) EasyDialer replace + with international prefix defined in the calling card. It doesn't send + out. But if you don't define the prefix in calling card, it will remove + only.

2) It won't send 011 twice.

3) + should not be used in rule. It's not accurate. For example, below number defined in address book all are formated to same number:

416xxxx, 1416xxxx, +1416xxxx are formatted to +1416xxxxx.
01186xxxxx, +86xxxx are formatted to +86xxxxx

1) and 2) make sense.

3) I am still having trouble implementing what i want to do which is use Google voice for int'l numbers in my addressbook. I use the + sign in my addressbook so that the numbers work when i am travelling outside the US. Example I have numbers like +33xxxx, +44xxxx, +49xxxxx

so how do i tell smart dial to dial all these numbers using the GoogleVoice calling card? I do not want to list all the countries since it does not seem that it will work all the time

For exampe if i have two entries in my addressbook

Tom in France +33.1.55.55.55.55
and Fred in the US (331) 555-5555

If i make a rule for a France country codes to go through GV, the above US number is also routed to GV. right? Cause the Easydialer parser is ignoring the + (at least this is my understanding)

so what i really want to do is to check for all numbers that start with a + but not +1 and routing to google voice. To be able to implement this, you will need to allow for the + sign to be used in the smartdial and also add a Not operator.

Sorry for trying to complicate a simple problem which is to route all int'l #s to Google voice.

Thanks for the response.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:35 AM   #69
MyPearl

Quote:
Hi,

4. if you want to block call to UK
set number to 01144, 44
If i do the above to block all calls to UK, won't i also block calls to Baltimore, MD which start with 443?
Old 06-29-2009, 10:11 AM   #70
williamxi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Hi myPearl,

Tom in France +33.1.55.55.55.55
and Fred in the US (331) 555-5555

EasyDialer registers a phone listener to BB OS. When an outgoing call is placed, the dialer is notified with the call's number.

Based on my test, I found all numbers in address book will be changed to standard format. If Fred in the US (331) 555-5555 is in your address book, when you call this number, the dialer will get notification with number +13315555555. The BB OS adds +1 before it. So it's distinguishable from the France number +33xxxx.

However, if you input 3315555555 directly by phone pad, the number won't be formatted.

So, if you want to use GV for france number, not for US number, you can add rules like below, and always enter country code when dialing from phone pad directly.

0: don't dial if number starts with 911.
1: don't dial if number starts with 1.
1: dial with GV for any numbers.
Old 09-03-2009, 07:43 PM   #71
bisser

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

I am using another calling card dialer avaialble at the AppWorld called BlaCaDa. It also has a completely free version.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #72
TotalDistinction
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Hi Everyone.

I purchased Easydialer and was wondering what are folk's experiences with using the SmartDial feature of Easydialer? I'm currently using the Bold with 4.6.0.247 of the handheld feature and Smartdial works for the first phone call following a reboot/battery pull and doesn't work after that.

I've been exchanging email with William (Easydialer support) about this issue and while he's been very responsive, the issue still remains where Smartdial doesn't work.

I'm disappointed that Smartdial doesn't work as that was my only motivation for moving from Berrydialer.

From William's response, he suggests that he's limited by the OS, however, Smartdial apparently works in older versions of the OS. I don't plan on downgrading any further than what I'm already using (plus an even more current version is now available).

Anyway, any feedback is welcome.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:45 AM   #73
PopEddie
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000
Carrier: Vodafone

I did have the problem that EasyDailer stopped working on 266, but on upgrading to 282 it works fine.

(and 247 worked fine)

No problems on 282 at all,so it must have been a Blackberry problem!

Last edited by PopEddie; 09-21-2009 at 12:05 PM..
Old 10-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #74
williamxi
Thumbs Must Hurt

EasyDialer v2.5 is released on Oct. 8, 2009. It shows destination number on top of phone screen, and fixes some bugs.

V3.0 will re-design and support more powerful and flexible smart-dial rules, and it may not be compatible to previous version.

Suggestions and feedback are always welcome!

Please follow my twitter: http://twitter.com/EasyDialer

Last edited by williamxi; 10-08-2009 at 10:00 PM..
Old 12-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #75
williamxi
Thumbs Must Hurt

EasyDialer v2.7 is released on Oct. 20, 2009. It supports extension delimiter 'x', which is used by Outlook.

EasyDialer 2.7 can run on Storm 2 with OS 5.0. But call log is not replaced due to API fault. The API Fault has been reported to RIM.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:31 PM   #76
iamian

Model: 9530
Carrier: Fido
Default changing Blackberry Device

I changed my BB device and I can not activate my easydialer ... can anyone help? Ian
Old 05-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #77
williamxi
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamian View Post
I changed my BB device and I can not activate my easydialer ... can anyone help? Ian
Ian's issue is solved.

When purchasing EasyDialer, please understand the difference between registering phone number or device PIN:

- If you register phone number, you can continue using same license on any new devices, as long as phone number stays unchanged.

- If you register device PIN, you will have to buy new license when change device.
Old 05-08-2010, 06:19 AM   #78
MyPearl

Wirelessly posted (9700 ONYX)

Any plans For adding backup restore feature ?
Old 05-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #79
themlruts
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: Ask
Carrier: T-Mobile

what about adding a rule that will dial by category or group. Example all "Personal" use calling card. This would make me buy the app. I have my phone broken down into person and work. It is a work phone hense i want to use personal with google voice
Old 07-13-2010, 10:22 PM   #80
adrienqa66

Model: 9630
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Default Suggestions

Hello, I have a couple of suggestions.

One... please place the "Save" button for "Rules" and "Calling Cards" in the main menu instead of requiring the user to call it up by clicking the "Full Menu" button first. I realize clicking the "Back" button prompts you to save it, but it would feel more natural having the "Save" button in the main menu.

Second... Allowing "Rules" to have titles. Thus, if someone wanted to name a rule "Joe Smith" then that would serve as a reminder that when Joe Smith is called, the rule applies. It's a convenience thing for me. I would then be able to go to the rule menu and see what rule I have for "Joe Smith" (obviously an example). Otherwise, I see some numbers I inputted to use a certain calling card and I may not remember who owns those numbers. (I personally use people's names to keep track of numbers and thus am a heavy user of the address book in my Blackberry).

I do realize that multiple numbers can be added to one rule, but like I said, it would make things more convenient if a rule title was offered as an option.

I love the application by the way!

Thank you! I hope you consider my suggestions/feedback.
Closed Thread