BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 09:46 AM   #1
jenselense
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700v
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ChinaMobile
Default gps...works in bb jde doesn't in eclipse...???

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,
I'm developing a little gps-application and was fighting with getting the coordinates for a couple of days now.The Problem: when trying to get the Location from my locationProvider (I only need the position once so I don't want to use a locationlistener) it allways times out...at least when I start the app out of eclipse (with the bb plug in), when I start it out of the BB JDE it works (although I get a 0.0 for lat and lon when I don't start a rout but only use one fix location)...
however...can someone tell me why it doesen't work when I start the app out of eclipse???
I do "switch bluetooth gps in range" on and a ocationprovider is found...

the only difference between eclipse and BB jde is, that differnet simulators are used...(in eclipse I only can use the 8120 or 8130, in BB JDE I use 8800)...

I'm really frustrated since I know that my code works....

any ideas?

Thanks in advance

JJ

EDIT: Somehow it's always the same, exactly in the moment I post a question I find the answer my self...
I'm sorry...
Now it works with the 8130(simulator)...I am not sure why it didn't work before...
with the 8120+bluetooth gps it still doesen't work....

Last edited by jenselense; 07-28-2008 at 10:12 AM..
Closed Thread