BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller
Carrier: Verizon
Default What is Your Opinion of Tiger Woods?

Please Login to Remove!

Up until recently I thought he was a class act. Now I think he is just like all the rest of the overpaid people who play with balls.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:28 AM   #2
craig3010
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: at&t

Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000, answers to HAL)

He either confessed to or his wife found out about his affair and went ballistic.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:29 AM   #3
kathrynhr
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Dr01d
Carrier: Veri$on

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM View Post
Up until recently I thought he was a class act. Now I think he is just like all the rest of the overpaid people who play with balls.
I don't think it's possible for any human being to be a class act all the time. I don't know about you guys, but I screw up all the time. I'm just glad my mistakes are not broadcast all over the evening news the way that his are.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #4
kathrynhr

Text of Tiger's statement regarding his behavior:

----------------------------------------

"I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

"Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

"But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

"Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.

"I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology."

In addition:

US Weekly magazine printed a report Wednesday alleging that Woods had an affair with Jaimee Grubbs, whom it identified as a 24-year-old ****tail waitress. The magazine also published what it says is a voice mail message from Woods to Grubbs.

"Hey, it's Tiger," a man says in the recording. "I need you to do me a huge favor. Can you please take your name off your phone? My wife went through my phone and may be calling you.

"So if you can, please take your name off that. ... What do you call it? Just have it as a number on the voice mail. Just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK? You got to do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."

CNN could not independently confirm that the voice on the recording was Woods.

Source for both: Tiger Woods apologizes as gossip magazine reports affair - CNN.com
Old 12-02-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Ten year old little boys look up to him as a role model, not just for his golf game, but for his lifestyle. Believe me, they see and hear it all, not only from Tiger but their own parents alike. Tiger has taken his own personal life out in the public. That's his fault, not the tabloids fault.

If Tiger doesn't want his dirty laundry hung up for the public to see, then he needs to learn NOT to hang his dirty laundry out for the public to see. No one in the public asked him to be a philanderer, that was his choice. We only asked to enjoy his amazing golf skills.

Yes, he's human, and people make mistakes. His apology seems sincere and as long as he cleans up his act and doesn't give the tabloids any fodder to print, then obviously they won't have anything to print, and they will move to the next celeb who can't keep they pants up (or skirt down).
Old 12-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #6
wabbit

Model: Droid
PIN: PONG???
Carrier: verizon

over paid name.

p.s i didn't know people were that much into golf that we would hear about him for over a week.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #7
dmead

Model: EVO
PIN: the tail on the donkey!
Carrier: Sprint

half of me hoped it would be exposed that he left at 2am to find hookers and blow. the other half doesn't care.

my opinion of tiger is that he is a golfing freak show to be used for entertainment. just like footbal/baseball etc. wathcing or following these sports are and should be used for pure entertainment.

that's probably worth 1/2 cent but there you go.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:39 PM   #8
turn_key
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8330m
PIN: G PAL4 Putter

I hate him because he golfs better than me...

Beside that, I couldn't care less about his affair or personal life.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:17 PM   #9
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority

What's he up to now like 45 women? And all rather hot I might add...

I know, I know.....

Bad LunkHead, bad!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:07 PM   #10
aberdeen_UK
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T

Personally, its his own business what he does with his time, money and life in general, as it is my own business what I do with my own. Seems to me a lot of those women are getting their 15 minutes of fame, but what do I care? I don't. To me, they're just a bunch of opportunistic coattail riders.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #11
Dubdub
Appleinator

Model: App6+
PIN: Ask
Carrier: ATT & Verizon

Decent golfer. Overpaid salesman. Role model to younger children.

He stuck his finger in the pie and got caught. He is an adult and deserves everything he gets.

Not much else to say.

-->>Stinsonddog's Tip Site!

-->>Twitter

If someone helps, tell them by clicking the Thanks button.!!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #12
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Who is Tiger Woods?
Old 12-14-2009, 08:28 PM   #13
akosnitzky
BBF Moderator

Model: 9650
Carrier: Verizon BIS

He is a guy that was doing what many want to do as long as they dont get caught

LET'S GO CANES!
Old 12-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #14
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aberdeen_UK View Post
Personally, its his own business what he does with his time, money and life in general, as it is my own business what I do with my own. Seems to me a lot of those women are getting their 15 minutes of fame, but what do I care? I don't. To me, they're just a bunch of opportunistic coattail riders.
I agree with this. He is not the first and will not be the last man or woman to do what he is guilty of doing. I believe a lot of these women are looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

I understand that he's a role model but no one is perfect. We all make mistakes and hopefully we learn from our own and from others as well.
Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
[BES 5.0.3 / GroupWise 2012 HP2]
Old 12-15-2009, 08:40 AM   #15
kathrynhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
I agree with this. He is not the first and will not be the last man or woman to do what he is guilty of doing. I believe a lot of these women are looking for their 15 minutes of fame.

I understand that he's a role model but no one is perfect. We all make mistakes and hopefully we learn from our own and from others as well.
Yes. Hopefully everyone has learned something. Something other than "be sneakier next time."

I'm not hung up on the role model issue. Yes, some kids look at sports stars and want to be like them someday, but this is one of those places where my faith plays a big role in the way I raise my kids. NO WAY am I going to sit back and let pop culture be the default yardstick against which they measure themselves in life.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #16
Noodle22

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers

I think most who are dissappointed with him, are the ones that saw him as a "squeaky clean" role model.

If he wanted to sleep with 13 women other than his wife (the count is at 13 now ), then he should have been smarter about it. He's now lost some of his sponsors as well as a lot of peoples faith in him. I just hope his wife is smart and divorces him, no one needs to sit around and put up with that. If I were her, I'd be devestated.

Will he recover? I feel like he's going to end up the next Jon Gosselin, or Michael Lohan. Dating women and trying to become a part of the celebrity lifestyle and airing even more dirty laundry then before. I think he's going to be the next single dad circus act.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:58 AM   #17
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle22 View Post
I just hope his wife is smart and divorces him, no one needs to sit around and put up with that. If I were her, I'd be devestated.
I'd rather that he get find help, overcome his addiction and save his marriage. His children deserve a father they can respect as well. He can overcome this if he chooses to do the right things.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #18
kathrynhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
I'd rather that he get find help, overcome his addiction and save his marriage. His children deserve a father they can respect as well. He can overcome this if he chooses to do the right things.
Very true.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:25 AM   #19
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Seconded.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:11 AM   #20
Noodle22

Model: 8520
Carrier: Rogers

I'm not the forgiving type when it comes to cheating, it's happened to me before and to me it's inexcusable and all trust is lost in the relationship after that.

But I also see your side of children needing a father they can respect who is there for them, though I've never met my father or had a father figure. Maybe I would feel different if me and my boyfriend were married and had children of our own (he has a 5 year old daughter with his ex). Maybe if there were children involved I would want to try and make it work a bit more.

But at this point in time, anyone who cheats can no longer be trusted in my book and the relationship is not worth pursuing.

Whatever happens, I do hope it works out for the best.
Closed Thread