Old 12-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
mIQ Live
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT
Default mIQ on BlackBerry App World

Please Login to Remove!

Just want you all know that mIQ is finally available for download from BlackBerry App World! Just go to the BB App World search and type in "mIQ".

If you haven't heard of us...mIQ is a free application that takes the content on your phone and automatically pushes it to a private account on the web.

From the time you download the app to your phone, what you do on the phone will instantly update on the web and what you do on the web will instantly update on your phone. It will sync your contacts, text messages, calendar events, call log, photos, and video.

It backs up your info as well as having functionality to share status and media to your social networking sites.

Would love if you would try it out and let us know what you think! We'll be monitoring the forums so feel free to hit us up with questions. Thanks!
Old 12-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

I've been using mIQ Live for a couple months now, it's a great service, I recommend highly, especially for BIS users with no OTA contacts syncing.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
craig3010
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: at&t

Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000, answers to HAL)

I downloaded it yesterday, based on JS's recommendation. Its quickly become the "where have you been?" app. The photo backup is what I really love, I've heard too many horror stories of micro SD cards failing and people losing everything, so the on-the-fly backups are very nice!
Old 12-24-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
I've been using mIQ Live for a couple months now, it's a great service, I recommend highly, especially for BIS users with no OTA contacts syncing.
Ditto here. Love that I can sync all my stuff and also update it from the mIQ site.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #5
[IFC]Area51
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9650
PIN: GU!!!
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Love the application but won't install again until they make an option to 1 way sync.

Meaning, if all my contacts delete then it will too on the web account. No way of restoring contacts.

P.S. If i am doing something wrong then let me know.
8100|8300|8310|8320|8900|9000|9700|9650
Old 01-05-2010, 10:15 AM   #6
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

Bump..... Just received notification that mIQ has been updated to version 1.0.0.13682. No idea on what's changed/fixed.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #7
mIQ Live
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Bold
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by [IFC]Area51 View Post
Love the application but won't install again until they make an option to 1 way sync.

Meaning, if all my contacts delete then it will too on the web account. No way of restoring contacts.

P.S. If i am doing something wrong then let me know.
Totally get that fear. You always have the option to be on manual sync vs. automatic with alleviates that a bit.

If you accidentally delete all your contacts from either your phone or the web:

-Immediately turn off mIQ sync on your phone (so it doesn't have the opportunity to sync and wipe them off both) and delete the application COMPLETELY from the phone(advanced options, applications, highlight miq, menu, delete, restart phone).

-Re-download miq from m.miqlive.com on your phone

-Sign into your old account on the phone (instead of create new account)

-Sync

Should restore all your contacts!

We're already working on a "restore to x time-period" feature for a future release so this won't be an issue anymore.
Old 01-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #8
oakie
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: CERS!
Carrier: T-Mobile, Verizon

i really, really dont trust best buy with my personal data considering their issues with personal data violations in the past; the auto charging and sign-up of magazine subscriptions with some customers in the past at the check out counter come to mind.

i simply fear that people on my contacts list will suddenly begin receiving spam from best buy, despite the terms of service and especially since the terms of service allow them to change any terms at any time, without notice.
Closed Thread