Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
pbnray

Model: Storm
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Pocketmac Warnings?

Please Login to Remove!

First off let me just say that I am very annoyed with the difficulty of synching my blackberry and mac and I have been trying to do so for about 3 days now.

I just got a blackberry storm and a macbook pro.
I have downloaded Pocketmac and the driver update directly from the blackberry website.

But when I plug in my blackberry it is not recognized by my computer. I have reset my phone and reset my computer, hoping that it would fix the error, but it has not.

When I press sync the computer takes some time, getting what seems like 50% through the sync, judging my the colored bar. However, when it reaches, what should completion it says that there are warnings that prevented the sync from completing or even taking place as far as I'm concerned. The warning is: unable to connect to blackberry, skipping.

Also, I need to download a software update on my phone. BUT the blackberry website says that I need windows internet explorer on a windows computer. This is not possible because I obviously have a mac. How do I get around this?
Old 06-04-2009, 11:57 PM   #2
bbzone

Model: 9500
Carrier: Rogers
Default enable mass storage

have you enabled mass storage on your Berry ? In my experience, MAC will ignore you otherwise. I would have expected to not see the microSD with mass storage turned off but my MAC would not recognize any part of the handset without it ??? I turned it on and it sync'd perfectly.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:09 AM   #3
Caledan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: AT&T

I had issues like that with Pocketmac when I used a Palm. I bought Missing Sync for BlackBerry. It was an easy setup and in the years of using it, I haven't had any problems. I have set to sync manually & if you don't then it tells you that it has been few day. Missing Sync can be found here at markspace dot com
Closed Thread