Old 04-15-2008, 06:24 AM   #1
JonPerezinsd
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default App Error 200!! Help Me

Please Login to Remove!

my phone rebooted and when it did i get a message that says APP ERROR 200..and a reset link...and when i reset i get the same message someone help me pelase
Old 04-15-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
dgray8
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: Cingular/AT&T

if a battery pull doesn't fix it, reload the OS. find the directions on Support | Answers to your cell phone questions | AT&T, formerly Cingular
Old 04-15-2008, 05:43 PM   #3
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Or even look on our FAQ pages on how to reload the handheld OS.
How do I upgrade the OS on my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ is one good place to start,
Old 04-15-2008, 10:56 PM   #4
dgray8
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: Cingular/AT&T

humph
Old 04-16-2008, 12:19 AM   #5
dennis from baoding
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7105t
PIN: 99999999
Carrier: china mobile

maybe you can try to replace the software of the bb
Old 04-16-2008, 06:31 AM   #6
JonPerezinsd
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T

yah i just went and reinstalled the os works like new thanks everyone
Old 04-16-2008, 07:10 AM   #7
7100simpleisbetter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8120
PIN: Cushion
Carrier: TMobile

JonPerezinsd,

Not sure if you have loaded and third party apps but see my fix below and let us know if it helps.

I thought I would share my experience for those having this error and trying to save some time...possibly....rather than doing the initial help desk idea of wipe and reload. I am not guaranteeing you will not have to wipe and reload but this may shed a glimmer of hope for some of the sad folks here. Here it goes and I will plug the post that got me to this point.

What you will need:
A computer (I have only tested with Windows XP so Unix and Mac users may need other methods)
Javaloader (Get it Here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...7&d=1149738115)
BB Device (this is your actual device)
USB cable to connect to computer

How do I save myself some time:
Download and extract the Javaloader program to a folder of your choosing but remember it for the next steps.

In Windows XP click Start -> Run -> Type CMD and click OK

change your directory to the drive and directory you saved the javaloader program to
(to change drive type x: where x is the drive letter, to change directory type cd\<directoryname>\<subdirectoryname> etc)

Type "javaloader -usb dir >dir.txt" without the quotes (this will generate a list of all programs on your device into a file called dir.txt in the same directory as Javaloader)

Go to the directory with javaloader.exe in Windows Explorer and open the dir.txt file.

The file has a list of a bunch of module names and versions, etc. This is where I can't give you the specific answer to your problem but can provide some guidance.

I only recommend trying to delete 3rd Party applications so look through the list for module names that look like third party apps. You can also sometimes tell 3rd party apps by the version number as well but don't use this as the bible because some RIM apps are not the version of the OS. Once you find some apps you want to try to delete to fix the problem follow the steps below. I recommend you do this one at a time and reset (if the device doesn't automatically reset) between each erase function to narrow down the issue.

Once you find the module to delete go back to the CMD window and type the following:

"javaLoader.exe -usb erase -f <badmodule_name>" where <badmodule_name> is the module you identified to delete which must be typed exactly as it appears in the dir.txt file.

Keep repeating until it reboots successfully.

If this fails follow everyone elses directions to wipe and reload your device but this might just save you some time.

Good luck and post your experience with this fix.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:02 PM   #8
jubrand
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7100simpleisbetter View Post
JonPerezinsd,

Not sure if you have loaded and third party apps but see my fix below and let us know if it helps.

I thought I would share my experience for those having this error and trying to save some time...possibly....rather than doing the initial help desk idea of wipe and reload. I am not guaranteeing you will not have to wipe and reload but this may shed a glimmer of hope for some of the sad folks here. Here it goes and I will plug the post that got me to this point.

What you will need:
A computer (I have only tested with Windows XP so Unix and Mac users may need other methods)
Javaloader (Get it Here http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...7&d=1149738115)
BB Device (this is your actual device)
USB cable to connect to computer

How do I save myself some time:
Download and extract the Javaloader program to a folder of your choosing but remember it for the next steps.

In Windows XP click Start -> Run -> Type CMD and click OK

change your directory to the drive and directory you saved the javaloader program to
(to change drive type x: where x is the drive letter, to change directory type cd\<directoryname>\<subdirectoryname> etc)

Type "javaloader -usb dir >dir.txt" without the quotes (this will generate a list of all programs on your device into a file called dir.txt in the same directory as Javaloader)

Go to the directory with javaloader.exe in Windows Explorer and open the dir.txt file.

The file has a list of a bunch of module names and versions, etc. This is where I can't give you the specific answer to your problem but can provide some guidance.

I only recommend trying to delete 3rd Party applications so look through the list for module names that look like third party apps. You can also sometimes tell 3rd party apps by the version number as well but don't use this as the bible because some RIM apps are not the version of the OS. Once you find some apps you want to try to delete to fix the problem follow the steps below. I recommend you do this one at a time and reset (if the device doesn't automatically reset) between each erase function to narrow down the issue.

Once you find the module to delete go back to the CMD window and type the following:

"javaLoader.exe -usb erase -f <badmodule_name>" where <badmodule_name> is the module you identified to delete which must be typed exactly as it appears in the dir.txt file.

Keep repeating until it reboots successfully.

If this fails follow everyone elses directions to wipe and reload your device but this might just save you some time.

Good luck and post your experience with this fix.

I was trying this method to delete the Antair Spam Filer from my Pearl 8100 (OS 4.5) b/c it's been stuck on the hourglass ever since installing it and rebooting. I keep getting "the syntax of the command is incorrect" but I'm following the instructions to the letter. I got it to spit out a txt of all the modules, but can't seem to get this command to work.

EDIT: Never mind.

Last edited by jubrand; 07-15-2008 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: SOLVED
Old 12-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #9
rbaggio00

Model: 8320
Carrier: tmobile
Default app error 200

i was upgrading my OS to 4.5.81 from tmobile and it stopped and now i have this error message and cant do anything, it will not connect to the desktop manager, any ideas
Closed Thread