Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 12:07 AM   #41
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

I don't think the Plantronics 655 version supports voice dialing. If you don't have a Pearl that probably doesn't matter.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:27 PM   #42
celltechy
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700
Carrier: att

I know what you all mean. This thing is a godsend. The firmware upgrade is really good. I just bought mine from BlueHeadsets.com. Much cheaper than everywhere else and they handle the warranty claims. I had to use their warranty swap services on my 645 a while ago. I love the thing though. I even noticed an improvement in voice clarity over the older headsets that I've used wth a blackberry. It could be in my head though. O well. This headset really closes the gap between BlackBerrys and "other phones". It is an amazing complement to any businessperson.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:19 PM   #43
KDillon

Model: 8100
Default HS-655 vs Discovery 655???

Everyone Should Buy the Plantronics Discovery 655... the street prices are $40-$60 less and it comes packaged with the AAA battery charger option which provides an additional 10 hours of talk time. I've been burned by the Bberry HS-655... paid full retail (US$139.99 + US15.00 Shipping) when it first came out, similar connection problems as reported in other blog entries here. I am not sure what "delay" problem you all are discussing, but the HS-655 continuously disconnects and reconnects with my 8100.

And, when it shipped to me off of ShopBlackberry.com... it came in a plain brown box in bubble-wrap... just the headset, ear pieces, and loop. No manual, no warranty info, no service info, no AAA battery charger. What a waste. RIM should be ashamed. No one should be buying their version of this product. GO WITH THE PLANTRONICS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgoodtymes
Great news for those of us who tried the Plantronics 655 headset but were frustrated with the delay. My RIM rep was by today and he had the Blackberry branded 655 so I tried it out and no delay at all! It would connect the call right away, very impressed!
Old 03-08-2007, 11:21 PM   #44
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

KDillon....one post on the subject is enough.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:00 PM   #45
travonder@gmail.com

Model: hs655
PIN: N/A
Carrier: celluar south
Default replacement parts blackberry bluetooth hs655

Where can I find a charging sleeve for this bluetooth..

Please help
Old 06-30-2007, 12:21 AM   #46
BB8830
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDillon View Post
Everyone Should Buy the Plantronics Discovery 655
I just bought the Plantronics 655 and it has almost as much delay when answering a call as my older 645 does. It is way too long. I tried out the Jawbone and it had quick pickup and good incoming and outgoing voice quality but I could not get it to work well with my ear, even with Jabra eargels.

Now if I could figure out why the Blackberry 655 says it's coming out on July 5th, when it sounds like it's already been out for a while.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:10 AM   #47
BallHawk3
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

I am too, curious the difference between the blackberry headset and the plantronics 655.

It looks like the battery life is better? How is the battery life BTW?

I still haven't ditched my motorola HS850, only cause it still works great and haven't quite found anything with a comparable battery life.

It would be nice to have a headset with the mini usb charing port so I don't need a different charger.

And for those that are curious, the HS850 on my 8700g does have a delay when answering calls.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:40 PM   #48
BB8830
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHawk3 View Post
I am too, curious the difference between the blackberry headset and the plantronics 655.

It looks like the battery life is better? How is the battery life BTW?
I haven't had it long enough to know what the battery life is like. The Blackberry model apparently comes with a mini-usb adapter so that you can use your existing charger with it. The plantronics comes with the same mini-usb adapter, and the AAA battery attachment for longer talk time away from a charger.