Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
roveer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Nextel
Default I'm on 4.1.4 and just read about BES Express & Have Questions

Please Login to Remove!

Very small environment, 2 blackberries. Small Microsoft SBS 2003 server running exchange 2003. I initially installed BES 4.1.4 with the 1 free license and then bought a 5 pack license upgrade. Been running that way since 2007.

Always wanted to upgrade to the full version of BES for HTML email and free busy but for 2 users It never made any sense. Tonight I read about BES Express. Seems like it's 4.1.4 with all the bigger features?

Can someone break it down for me. Would this be a viable upgrade for me so that I can have html email. it's embarrasing when the bis email on my BB is html but my BES is not.

Would this work? is it compatible with my server software? Before I put a lot of additional research and effort into this I wanted to ask here. I'm not looking for any how to's, just for some help figuring out if this is feasible. I'm only a part time server/bes administrator and have very limited time to spend on this. If it is feasable than I will determine how to make the time for this switch.

Thanks,

Roveer
Old 10-27-2010, 08:43 AM   #2
knottyrope
BlackBerry Elite

Model: DT60
PIN: t of blood has been taken
Carrier: AT&T-US with I dee ten tee errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by roveer View Post
Very small environment, 2 blackberries. Small Microsoft SBS 2003 server running exchange 2003. I initially installed BES 4.1.4 with the 1 free license and then bought a 5 pack license upgrade. Been running that way since 2007.

Always wanted to upgrade to the full version of BES for HTML email and free busy but for 2 users It never made any sense. Tonight I read about BES Express. Seems like it's 4.1.4 with all the bigger features?

Can someone break it down for me. Would this be a viable upgrade for me so that I can have html email. it's embarrasing when the bis email on my BB is html but my BES is not.

Would this work? is it compatible with my server software? Before I put a lot of additional research and effort into this I wanted to ask here. I'm not looking for any how to's, just for some help figuring out if this is feasible. I'm only a part time server/bes administrator and have very limited time to spend on this. If it is feasable than I will determine how to make the time for this switch.

Thanks,

Roveer
read
BES/SBE/BPS 4.x upgrade options to BES Express 5.0 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
It doesn't even matter

Rocking the Motion with out lotion.
Closed Thread