Old 07-26-2007, 01:51 AM   #1
arundc

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Question 8830 with BES setup having sync issues with Outlook 2002

Please Login to Remove!

Hello:

I am new to the forums and I think its great to have so much useful info listed here. I will definitely visit often. I am experiencing some Sync issues. Let me go over my case:

My office is setup on Lotus Notes and they run a BES for their BBs. That part works fine on my 8830. I am able to send/receive emails. However, I generally don't use the Notes client for Calendar, Contacts or Tasks. Over the years, I have grown to like Outlook to maintain my PIM data. The Outlook 2002 is running on my home Vista desktop. I don't run Exchange. I use Outlook like a POP client to download my e-mails from my ISP, GMail, etc. What I would like to do is at a minimum, to sync the BB with just the data from the Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos. That's it. I really don't care much to sync my personal e-mails. I can check that on my BB browser. FYI, I have turned OFF the Wireless Sync function for my PIM data at work. I only sync my work e-mails.

To make a long story short, using the Verizon supplied CD, I installed the BB Desktop software on my home PC. I am new to BB and perhaps I chose the wrong option to Redirect. As a result, each time my Outlook checks e-mails, periodically, I get these cryptic flycatcher e-mails on my gmail (?!?!) with a DAT attachment...with a message similar to "do not delete this e-mail...this message is trying to communicate with the BB server..." Sometimes it gets annoying. Thankfully they're not much.

Can someone please advise me on the best possible setup for my home PC, keeping the above mentioned conditions in mind? Should I uninstall the BB Desktop/Redirect software and reinstall it using the Webclient option? If I do this, will it sync at work for Notes e-mails (BES) and sync at home (using USB) for Outlook Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos?

Am I asking my BB to be a Smart-Smart phone?!?!

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:09 AM   #2
takeshi
BlackBerry Mensa

Model: 8310
Carrier: at&t

Uninstall Desktop Manager. Re-install it with the BIS/internet option. Don't install Redirector -- especially if you don't want or need email.

The options are a bit misleading. BIS/internet (basically, no mail -- mail is set up via BIS and not via DM) also applies to those who want to sync at home with their company BES-connected BB's.

Last edited by takeshi; 07-26-2007 at 07:12 AM..
Old 07-26-2007, 11:03 PM   #3
arundc

Model: 8830
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Thumbs up

Thanks!! It worked.
Closed Thread