BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 08:23 AM   #141
taj8250

Model: pearl
PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Please Login to Remove!

I just picked up my Pearl through AT&T this week and set up my gmail and bellsouth.net accounts on the phone. When I tried to login/create an account for BIS or whatever at mycingular.blackberry.com using my PIN and IMEI #s it wouldn't let me create an account saying that my account is not accessible via HTML browser and that I should log on using my BB device. So I do that using the BB browser and it shows my 2 email accounts with the option to edit and delete. What am I doing wrong? Where do I go from here?
And can I change/delete the signature that says sent from Blackberry using AT&T?
Old 10-05-2007, 01:56 PM   #142
bigpov
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: Pearl
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default Thanks

Thanks Pizzle. You're a stud.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:55 AM   #143
wirelessforever
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: XXXX
PIN: XXXX
Carrier: XXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzle View Post
Having an issue getting your sent items sent to your Blackberry when sending from your G-mail account?

Excellent contribution. Thanks for taking the time to post this. Really quality info.

Last edited by wirelessforever; 10-09-2007 at 01:59 AM..
Old 10-09-2007, 02:01 AM   #144
wirelessforever
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: XXXX
PIN: XXXX
Carrier: XXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by wako View Post
can someone tell me where I can get into my filter options for Tmobile USA?
Same protocols as Pizzle used for AT&T/Cingular. Just sign in to your MyTMobile.com account and go to your BlackBerry settings and follow the same steps.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:44 PM   #145
grangeiro.marco

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T
Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks a million Pizzle!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:01 PM   #146
sangria

Model: 8300
Carrier: at&t

I have the same issue with at&t, when I login via phone, I don't get the listed filter option, when I try to login via desktop through at&t, the bis login keeps telling me my username and password is wrong.. and I don't have necessary access. Very frustrating. I think I will download the gmail email app and use this instead.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:29 AM   #147
annanybk

Model: Curve
PIN: 241EE5D9
Carrier: T-mobile

Thanks! I've been dealing with this for the last 2 years... Finally got rid of all my sent messages being sent back to me.
-Anna.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:14 PM   #148
mourgos

Model: 7280
Carrier: T-mobile
Default issue with filter method

If my e-mail is [email address] and I setup the filter, in addition to not getting my sent e-mails (which is great), I don't get e-mails from people with e-mails such as: [email address], [email address], etc...(which is a problem)

Any workaround for this?

Thanks
Old 10-30-2007, 03:12 AM   #149
SKPhoton

Model: 8100

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2007, 05:47 PM   #150
hypnotiq

Model: 8350i
Carrier: Nextel

Thank you.. this was driving me nuts.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:54 AM   #151
rdecast

Model: 8830
Carrier: sprint

So, here's what I would like:

I would like to send e-mail from my Gmail account, and have a copy of the sent item when i POP from my Outlook client.

What currently happens:

I send an e-mail from my device, I get a copy of it sent to my device, but the item doesn't show up when I POP from my Outlook.

I went through the thread, and tried to log into the BIS site, but it said that "I needed to check my credentials and try again."

I originally set it up on the device itself, so I don't know if that matters. I am still able to log into the setup from the device.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2007, 06:28 AM   #152
frindajm

Last edited by frindajm; 11-19-2007 at 01:45 AM..
Old 11-20-2007, 09:50 PM   #153
Chiefster
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks,

After the small pain of setting up a blackberry email account I was able to login to the website and setup this filter.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:24 PM   #154
jagooch

I decided to shutdowm my BBerry server today, and my Exchange server, too. So, setting up Gmail IMAP for outlook and then BIS to forward my email were important! Thanks for this great tip.

I think the only time it will be a problem if I send a test email to myself..because this will block it. Otherwise, good tip.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:10 PM   #155
jms132

I'm having some trouble setting up this filter for gmail. I'm fairly new at this and from what I've been reading, I guess that I have BIS since my phone is not through my work's company -- I simply just went out to the store and upgraded my phone and added the blackberry service.

When I go to AT&T's BIS website (BlackBerry Web Client, I get a message saying that my account is not accessible via the HTML browser and to access it via my phone. So, I go to my MediaNet and go to the same website which pulls up the same menu as if I had gone to the Personal E-mail Set Up function on the blackberry. At that menu, I have a link for e-mail accounts, language, service books, and create a user name. I've browsed around in most of the options that it gives me but don't see anything that would lead me to an e-mail filter. Any thoughts? Any one else having the same problem?
Old 11-21-2007, 08:59 PM   #156
jagooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms132 View Post
I'm having some trouble setting up this filter for gmail. I'm fairly new at this and from what I've been reading, I guess that I have BIS since my phone is not through my work's company -- I simply just went out to the store and upgraded my phone and added the blackberry service.

When I go to AT&T's BIS website (BlackBerry Web Client, I get a message saying that my account is not accessible via the HTML browser and to access it via my phone. So, I go to my MediaNet and go to the same website which pulls up the same menu as if I had gone to the Personal E-mail Set Up function on the blackberry. At that menu, I have a link for e-mail accounts, language, service books, and create a user name. I've browsed around in most of the options that it gives me but don't see anything that would lead me to an e-mail filter. Any thoughts? Any one else having the same problem?
There are different levels of service, ATT does offer the ~$40 blackberry plan that includes BIS. Here is the URL I use for this: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular . I know it says cingular, but it still works.

Let us know if it also works for you. Thx.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:06 PM   #157
jms132

Thanks. I actually ended up calling AT&T and they were able to create an account for me so I can now access BIS page (att.blackberry.com) and edit my email account, create filters, etc.
So if anyone can't access the BIS AT&T page from their computer and can't seem to get to e-mail filters on their phone (like I was), call AT&T and they'll set up an account to the webpage for you. Hope this helps...
Old 11-22-2007, 07:47 PM   #158
sjt79
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9630
Carrier: VZW - Love/Hate

So I initially had my email autoforwarded from my gmail account to my blackberry email because of this problem (not knowing that RIM has an agreement with Gmail to automatically push the email on their push server). Now that I set it up (because certain emails weren't being forwarded, and set this filter, it still doesn't stop the issue of these sent emails from my BB from being sent to my actual gmail inbox.

How come it's automatically sending an email to my own address even though it's not in the "reply to" field? I'm happy with it not going to the blackberry, but still peeved that I have to clear all my "BB Sent" items from my gmail inbox.
Old 11-23-2007, 06:59 PM   #159
Chaviva

Carrier: Rogers

Thank you so much Pizzle. This little fix works on the Rogers network too. I tried it with two devices.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:07 AM   #160
jacobburke

Model: 8130
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thank you for the information on this issue. I was having problems initially setting this up since the BIS for Verizon would not let me register my device online - was told to setup through my phone. After going into the BIS on the phone, I saw where I could setup an account to use the BIS via my computer's web browser. After doing this, I verified my Gmail account was was able to setup the filter for the sent messages.

Cheers!
Closed Thread