BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
timsti

Model: 8100
Carrier: t mobile
Default bb wont turn on, led flashes red

Please Login to Remove!

so i went to bed last night and my 8100 was working fine.. battery was a little low but it had enough to last th enight.. i wake up this morning and the phone is off but the led blinks red.. it stays lit for a second and then off for a second repeating this on off for a second.. ive had it charging for well over an hour and still nothing.. taken the battery out and tried turning it on, still nothing.. i took the battery out and plugged the phone to the charger and at one point the screen turned on and it showed the battery with a red diagonal slash there it.. i had the phone charging on my wife's razr charger yesterday and it was working fine.. could that have possibly done something? ive only had the phone for 2 months and really hope i didn't somehow fry it.. any help would be great.. i tried searching here and the faq but couldn't find anything specifc.. thanks!
Old 11-12-2007, 02:40 PM   #2
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Tim, let it charge a little longer on what you know to be a good charging cable you have used in the past (not the razr charger). After a couple of hours, do what you have done already, removing and replacing the battery to see it if reboots properly. If it does, good.

If not, you are likely in the need of this:
How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ
Old 11-12-2007, 02:46 PM   #3
TheBigNewt
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: Tmobile

I don't think the Razr charger will work with the 8100. If you used it and it's acting up right after that I guess that fried something.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:21 AM   #4
prybar

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers

I use a razr charger on my pearl all the time, never had an issue, as long as the amperage is the same, nothing should fry....

pry
Old 12-03-2007, 10:56 AM   #5
jagooch
Knows Where the Search Button Is

PIN: N/A
Carrier: ATT

Timtsi,

Did you ever get this issue fixed? I am having it for the second time. Last time I just let the battery charge and it started working normally. Ok, first I freaked out and started pressing buttons and reseating chips/battery, but now I have calmed down and am just letting it charge.

Its tough b/c my BBerry is my only link to the outside world. My employer likes blocking things, such as Internet access and email.
Closed Thread